PDA

View Full Version : Online Rolex Dealers

DamonL
05-19-2017, 11:51 AM
So I am thinking about buying a used Rolex Submariner Date and I was looking at online dealers. Any recommendations on good ones?

voodoo_man
05-19-2017, 12:09 PM
So I am thinking about buying a used Rolex Submariner Date and I was looking at online dealers. Any recommendations on good ones?

jomashop gets good reviews...

theJanitor
05-19-2017, 12:58 PM
HQmilton.com I've never bought there, but i have been referred there by several who have

Malamute
05-19-2017, 01:29 PM
Any suggestions for a refinish/rehab? I found a Rolex buried in my reloading stuff, no idea when or where I came into it. The finish is very worn and it needs a new crystal.

okie john
05-19-2017, 01:59 PM

Some authorized dealers (AD) provide post-sale support that might justify the higher cost. As for non-ADs, I’d head over to The Rolex Forums and see what they have to say. The Submariner is pretty common and a lot of individual sellers offer them over there. If I was willing to forgo the AD relationship, then I’d buy from one of those guys before I’d go with an actual shop.

Okie John

vcdgrips
05-19-2017, 02:25 PM
Mark Sirianni at www.watchdoctor.biz has done good work at good prices in the promised timeframe on my Omega GMT (lube/oil/adjust) and my mentor's Rolex GMT. I suspect that he could to a full rehab on your Rolex with ease in a few weeks for a lot less that Rolex.
Mark has a small shop in Kane, PA. as well.

Malamute
05-19-2017, 02:39 PM
Thanks, sent him an email.

DamonL
05-19-2017, 02:42 PM
Any suggestions for a refinish/rehab? I found a Rolex buried in my reloading stuff, no idea when or where I came into it. The finish is very worn and it needs a new crystal.

Rolex uses their own movement in their watches so you would need to find someone who can work on them and can source their parts. Rolex has factory authorized service centers in Dallas and Los Angeles. You can deal with them directly, but they are more expensive. You can also find an authorized dealer, but they usually send it to a service center. All I know is, it is expensive to service Rolexes.

DamonL
05-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Some authorized dealers (AD) provide post-sale support that might justify the higher cost. As for non-ADs, I’d head over to The Rolex Forums and see what they have to say. The Submariner is pretty common and a lot of individual sellers offer them over there. If I was willing to forgo the AD relationship, then I’d buy from one of those guys before I’d go with an actual shop.

Okie John

Thanks, I would probably have to sell a custom 1911 to make a cash deal work. :(

Duces Tecum
05-19-2017, 03:19 PM
I've heard good things about Bob's Rolex Watches (https://www.bobswatches.com/), but I've never used them so no guarantees.

Malamute
05-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Rolex uses their own movement in their watches so you would need to find someone who can work on them and can source their parts. Rolex has factory authorized service centers in Dallas and Los Angeles. You can deal with them directly, but they are more expensive. You can also find an authorized dealer, but they usually send it to a service center. All I know is, it is expensive to service Rolexes.

It may be worth spending a bit on to get it back in shape. I don't know much about them but looked up the basics of similar used versions. Its an Oyster Perpetual Day-Date with small jewel (diamond?) numbers for 8 of the number characters.

farscott
05-19-2017, 03:26 PM
DavidSW in Orlando is extremely well known as a trusted seller on The Rolex Forums. I purchased my Yacht-Master from David.

https://davidsw.com/product-category/rolex/submariner/

theJanitor
05-19-2017, 08:41 PM
It may be worth spending a bit on to get it back in shape. I don't know much about them but looked up the basics of similar used versions. Its an Oyster Perpetual Day-Date with small jewel (diamond?) numbers for 8 of the number characters.

You found a Day-Date in your reloading stuff, and you don't know where you got it from? :faint:

on a serious note, I wouldn't change any parts until I got it looked at by someone trustworthy and knowledgeable. Untouched "survivors" have their own appeal and fan base

Malamute
05-19-2017, 11:52 PM
You found a Day-Date in your reloading stuff, and you don't know where you got it from? :faint:

on a serious note, I wouldn't change any parts until I got it looked at by someone trustworthy and knowledgeable. Untouched "survivors" have their own appeal and fan base

Yeah, weird, eh? I truly don't recall when or where it came from. It may have come from my dad, but his stuff is rarely this well worn. I just sort of vaguely recall it in the dim past, but not how long ago or any other details. I'm not a watch person for the most part, especially worn on the wrist, so even if I had it I wouldn't likely have worn it, or worn it out finish wise. I carried my grandfathers pocket watch for years, but wrist watches don't really work well for me.

Thanks, good to know. Was going to take it to the local watch guy just to have a look at it and maybe pop it open and see if it looked kosher inside.