PDA

View Full Version : Glock: Which models are affected?

Duces Tecum
12-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Sure hope someone can address this little matter, because it's become pretty confusing to me. Is it true that there are three facets to the current Glock difficulties:

01: Erratic ejection
02: in all 9mm's and only 9mm's
03: of late Gen 3 and all Gen 4 vintage

I'd sure appreciate it if knowledgeable memebers could respond to each of these three items.

saints75
12-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Sure hope someone can address this little matter, because it's become pretty confusing to me. Is it true that there are three facets to the current Glock difficulties:

01: Erratic ejection
02: in all 9mm's and only 9mm's
03: of late Gen 3 and all Gen 4 vintage

I'd sure appreciate it if knowledgeable memebers could respond to each of these three items.

It was in the Gen 4s to the best of my knowlegde.
1. It was the guide rod not ejecting the round out propperly.
2. I believe it was with both the 9 and the 40. Glock put the Gen 4 .40 cal guide rod in the 9mm. That did not workout. the 40 guide rod were breaking. They had a recall, I mean an upgrade with the 40cal guide rods. This issues has been taken care of to the best of my knowladge.
3. It was the Gen 4s.
I hope that helps.

seabiscuit
12-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Guide rods don't eject rounds... There were issues with the extractor.

Late Gen3s also had extraction issues from what I've heard.

JV_
12-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Guide rods don't eject rounds..No, but they're tied together, at least in my gun. My brand new Gen4 had erratic ejection patterns. With a Gen3 rod, or an aftermarket (w/ lighter spring), it's doing quite well.

JSGlock34
12-29-2011, 10:15 PM
John, this has been a popular topic on this board and there are several relevant threads. Most of the reported problems were with GEN4 Glocks. Glock has a Recoil Spring Assembly exchange program as some of the problem was RSA related. Glock is also installing a new ejector on problematic pistols. And there have been some variations in extractors as well.

The thread on Todd's GEN4 G17 endurance test here (http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?346-pistol-training-com-2011-Endurance-Test-Gun) is full of information. The discussion about the ejector is here (http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?1720-New-Glock-Gen-4-ejector). Replacing the parts has appeared to solve problems for some users, but not all.

seabiscuit
12-29-2011, 11:16 PM
No, but they're tied together, at least in my gun. My brand new Gen4 had erratic ejection patterns. With a Gen3 rod, or an aftermarket (w/ lighter spring), it's doing quite well.

Thanks!

apollo11
12-30-2011, 01:11 AM
I had major issues of FTE and FTF with the Gen4 9mm and 3/4 later manufacture Gen3 9mms (they had the Gen4 extractor). My Gen4 issues came after a few thousand rounds. The first few ran great, then things went down hill.

MD7305
12-30-2011, 06:24 AM
FWIW, in my experience with my new G22Gen.4, a sample of one, the issues are not absent from the .40 guns. FTE with stovepipes of all types and when it ejects casings there is no consistent pattern other than towards my face. The casings are bouncing off the front inside edge of my ejection port to the extent that the area is brass colored form all of the contact. Some range trips it runs flawlessly and other trips it is very fussy. My G22 has the most recent RSA but does not have the most recent ejector for the .40. I've been holding off contactng Glock about it because I'd rather find the part instead of shipping the entire gun in to GA.

Mr_White
12-30-2011, 05:17 PM
No, but they're tied together, at least in my gun. My brand new Gen4 had erratic ejection patterns. With a Gen3 rod, or an aftermarket (w/ lighter spring), it's doing quite well.

How are you getting a Gen3 RSA to work in a Gen4 pistol? Is there some adapter or something?

Thanks!

JV_
12-30-2011, 05:19 PM
How are you getting a Gen3 RSA to work in a Gen4 pistol? Is there some adapter or something?

Thanks!

Yes, a reducing ring. They are cheap.

-Sent using Tapatalk.