PDA

View Full Version : Trump Caught disclosing Classified Data to Russians.

GardoneVT
05-15-2017, 09:15 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html

President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

Odin Bravo One
05-15-2017, 09:24 PM
And?

Obama set the new standard on violating OPSEC.

He is the CINC. He can downgrade and/or share anything he wants.

critter
05-15-2017, 09:32 PM
I haven't been paying attention for the past several days in an attempt to keep my blood pressure in check. Was this an 'open door' meeting? How does the WP know exactly what Trump said in the meeting? The article or video didn't mention how this info was gathered.

TheNewbie
05-15-2017, 09:37 PM
I wonder if this is just more trump hysteria.

GardoneVT
05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
I haven't been paying attention for the past several days in an attempt to keep my blood pressure in check. Was this an 'open door' meeting? How does the WP know exactly what Trump said in the meeting? The article or video didn't mention how this info was gathered.

I offer it without personal commentary. Given the media these days,it's plausible to consider that the meeting didn't even happen at all.

Mark Housel
05-15-2017, 10:20 PM
I wonder if this is just more trump hysteria.
Just what would anyone possibly imagine it to be, other than this?

Sensei
05-15-2017, 11:42 PM
I'm more interested in who leaked this to the WaPo. Assuming that it wasn't the Russians, the list of administration personnel present for this meeting had to be pretty small and distinguished. Someone in Trump's inner circle is giving him all kinds of headaches. I'm betting that Preibus' head will soon be on the chopping block.

-ad-
05-16-2017, 12:58 AM
Given the media these days,it's plausible to consider that the meeting didn't even happen at all.

Agreed - I've given up on believing anything the MSM says these days - especially when related to Trump, or Russia (and in this case it's a double whammy) - caught them out on too many lies that they're still peddling to this day.

ffhounddog
05-16-2017, 01:12 AM
McMasters said he did not and he was in the room.

Drang
05-16-2017, 05:29 AM
McMasters said he did not and he was in the room.

You must be in the Russians' pay, too... :rolleyes:

Personally, I first saw this "story" attributed to the HuffPo, which makes it even more suspect than the WAPO...

ssb
05-16-2017, 06:11 AM
From various articles, it seems to be that Trump spoke about the ISIS attempts to get explosives on planes by way of portable electronics. Wasn't that story made public knowledge a few months ago, when the ban on flying with laptops out of certain countries came out?

Mjolnir
05-16-2017, 06:16 AM
There's ZERO evidence that Trump did any such thing.

That's just what the anti-Trump media has claimed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drang
05-16-2017, 06:26 AM
It's almost like the media are daring Trump to try and get the Alien and Sedition Acts revived...

(I mean, they worked for Wilson, and they love themselves some crypto-commie tyrants...)

voodoo_man
05-16-2017, 07:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kl7m3gj.gif

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html

President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

@ WaPo

http://i.imgur.com/Y1p2Az3.gif

LittleLebowski
05-16-2017, 07:43 AM
His staff or existing staff at the White House is as leaky as a sieve and there's a clear disinformation and propaganda campaign against him.

JHC
05-16-2017, 07:54 AM
I'm more interested in who leaked this to the WaPo. Assuming that it wasn't the Russians, the list of administration personnel present for this meeting had to be pretty small and distinguished. Someone in Trump's inner circle is giving him all kinds of headaches. I'm betting that Preibus' head will soon be on the chopping block.

I read a couple accounts last night that there were but three Americans in that meeting. Trump, Ellison and McMaster. Ellison and McMaster have said the story is wrong.

So how would current and former intel officials have this info to leak? Esp how did a "former" get the info? I'm pretty skeptical of the WaPo story at this point.

blues
05-16-2017, 07:57 AM
And?

Obama set the new standard on violating OPSEC.

Hearing this from Sean is sufficient basis (alone) for not jumping to any conclusions until all the facts are out. (If any are forthcoming.)

When it comes to matters of intelligence, national security and defense it's best to hear from those we trust who have had personal knowledge and skin in the game.

In the current circumstances I don't think enough is known to determine what, if any, fallout may be engendered as a result of any classified info shared. I think "wait and see" is the proper course at this juncture.

Sensei
05-16-2017, 09:21 AM
His staff or existing staff at the White House is as leaky as a sieve and there's a clear disinformation and propaganda campaign against him.

For weeks people have talked about a "Deep State" whereby Obama holdovers are undermining Trump's agenda. I'm not sure that theory still holds water. While it is possible that JHC is correct and this entire story is contrived, I'm more inclined to believe that there is some source very close to Trump feeding these stories to the WaPo and NYT. It is probably the same source who released embarrassing details of Trump's conversations with the Auzzi PM, Mexican President, etc. Someone very close to Trump is poisoning him in a political sense.

GuanoLoco
05-16-2017, 09:25 AM
Ask yourself - who is benefiting from this? Who has the appropriate risk/return in the event that this is disinformation?

What if Russia leaked the info to WaPo. Discredit POTUS. Sow confusion in US. Breed distrust in American allies. Furthers Russian agenda. Seems inconsistent with partisan politics.

That said, Trump is an egotistical narcissistic blowhard who revels in his own ignorance and lies at will, so it isn't difficult to believe that he would do any number of incredibly stupid things. I am just not yet convinced that this is one of them.

JHC
05-16-2017, 09:28 AM
For weeks people have talked about a "Deep State" whereby Obama holdovers are undermining Trump's agenda. I'm not sure that theory still holds water. While it is possible that JHC is correct and this entire story is contrived, I'm more inclined to believe that there is some source very close to Trump feeding these stories to the WaPo and NYT. It is probably the same source who released embarrassing details of Trump's conversations with the Auzzi PM, Mexican President, etc. Someone very close to Trump is poisoning him in a political sense.

You may be exactly right. I don't buy into "deep state" but there are a lot of players with grievances. And there's going to be more info coming out I'm sure.

I just saw Trump added a phone call to the King of Jordan to his agenda today. Dohpe!

LittleLebowski
05-16-2017, 09:36 AM

I think it is someone close to him and I do think it's the "deep state."

Stephanie B
05-16-2017, 10:08 AM
There's ZERO evidence that Trump did any such thing

Well, other than Trump tweeting that he did it (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-defends-release-of-classified-information/ar-BBBchy7), you mean?

This followed the Trump Trajectory:

1. Media claims he did something.
2. White House staff denies he did it.
3. Conservative media screams "fake news".
4. Trump confirms that he did indeed do it.

TAZ
05-16-2017, 10:13 AM

Or. The MSM is pulling crap out of their asses and flinging it about like the retarded monkeys they are and attributing it to mysterious, unnamed sources.

Zincwarrior
05-16-2017, 10:15 AM
Yea, there's that. :rolleyes:

I don't think there's anything deep state about this administration.

Zincwarrior
05-16-2017, 10:18 AM
Or. The MSM is pulling crap out of their asses and flinging it about like the retarded monkeys they are and attributing it to mysterious, unnamed sources.

Well as noted in the post above, he said he did it.

Bob Corker, - notorious lefty - now saying the admin has to get its &%^$ together.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/05/16/gop-senator-accuses-white-house-of-being-in-downfall-after-wapo-report-n2327469

SecondsCount
05-16-2017, 10:21 AM
Oh for the love of government.

Mr. Trump- Please get back to work fixing Obamacare and balancing the budget, and securing the borders. I realize it is a huge task but that is why you were voted in.

ETA: If you can repeal or loosen up the NFA restrictions, that would be helpful too.

Stephanie B
05-16-2017, 11:19 AM

Please explain how this is different from, well, every other administration in living memory. They all leak and every president rails about it. Every senior staffie (and many junior ones) sees it as in their own interest to be viewed by a few reporters as a "reliable source."

Stephanie B
05-16-2017, 11:32 AM
From Erick Erickson (https://www.salon.com/2017/05/16/erick-erickson-says-he-knows-who-leaked-on-donald-trumps-meeting-with-russia/), who's not exactly a liberal:
What sets this story apart for me, at least, is that I know one of the sources. And the source is solidly supportive of President Trump, or at least has been and was during Campaign 2016. But the President will not take any internal criticism, no matter how politely it is given. He does not want advice, cannot be corrected, and is too insecure to see any constructive feedback as anything other than an attack.

So some of the sources are left with no other option but to go to the media, leak the story, and hope that the intense blowback gives the President a swift kick in the butt. Perhaps then he will recognize he screwed up. The President cares vastly more about what the press says than what his advisers say. That is a real problem and one his advisers are having to recognize and use, even if it causes messy stories to get outside the White House perimeter.

ranger
05-16-2017, 11:37 AM
From Erick Erickson (https://www.salon.com/2017/05/16/erick-erickson-says-he-knows-who-leaked-on-donald-trumps-meeting-with-russia/), who's not exactly a liberal:

Erick Erickson is Never Trump quasi conservative. Unfortunately he is on the Atlanta talk radio station I listen to for traffic and news. He is not a credible source for Trump discussion - might as well ask John McCain or Lindsey Graham.

LockedBreech
05-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Why do so many people buy into the "everyone is lying about Trump and trying to discredit him" thing when there are literally dozens of examples of the man going directly back on his word or tweeting in direct contradiction to himself?

The leader of the anti-Trump conspiracy is one Donald J. Trump.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Hil-Dawg ain't president, but Trump has the presidential dignity, thoughtfulness, and gravitas of a Kardashian, and the continued refusal by the hard right to acknowledge a single mistake, lie, or broken promise smacks of Obama's Nobel Prize: utterly unearned and blinded by bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hambo
05-16-2017, 12:42 PM
I watched McMaster's conference and it did leave one nagging question in my mind. Why isn't he president instead of Trump?

TAZ
05-16-2017, 02:03 PM
Well as noted in the post above, he said he did it.

Bob Corker, - notorious lefty - now saying the admin has to get its &%^$ together.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/05/16/gop-senator-accuses-white-house-of-being-in-downfall-after-wapo-report-n2327469

Not to be nit picky, but his tweet stated that he shared facts not I shared classified information that could hinder future intelligence operations as being claimed. Now I am willing to concede, that maybe his version of what is a fact and what is information harmful to national security and ongoing operations are different than ours.

I'm not a hard core Trump guy, nor am I a never Trumpet, but am somewhat in the middle. However, I am sick and tired people slinging poop to see what sticks. People in this country are innocent until proven guilty by factual evidence and NOT innuendo.

GuanoLoco
05-16-2017, 02:17 PM
But the President will not take any internal criticism, no matter how politely it is given. He does not want advice, cannot be corrected, and is too insecure to see any constructive feedback as anything other than an attack.

I used to work for an asshole almost exactly like that - and the behavior between his behaviors and Trump's behaviors correlates eerily well.

Some things can't be fixed internally.

Chuteur
05-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Well, he's confirmed it. One of the biggest no, no's, in the unwritten intelligence etiquette handbook. I, and anyone I worked with, would have been shafted from here to the edge of the galaxy for doing what he did. Stupid %&$% trying to make himself sound important to the Sov's with a typical 5 year olds playground statement.

Hearing this from Sean is sufficient basis (alone) for not jumping to any conclusions until all the facts are out. (If any are forthcoming.)

When it comes to matters of intelligence, national security and defense it's best to hear from those we trust who have had personal knowledge and skin in the game.

In the current circumstances I don't think enough is known to determine what, if any, fallout may be engendered as a result of any classified info shared. I think "wait and see" is the proper course at this juncture.

Wait and see will result in nothing as he can, at the wave of his magic wand, declare that he has presidential authority to de-classify whatever he feels like. The bigger question is: How willing will partners be to share sensitive intel with the the usual US Three Letter Acronym agencies if they cannot trust that it will not be tweeted to the world.

blues
05-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Well, he's confirmed it. One of the biggest no, no's, in the unwritten intelligence etiquette handbook. I, and anyone I worked with, would have been shafted from here to the edge of the galaxy for doing what he did. Stupid %&$% trying to make himself sound important to the Sov's with a typical 5 year olds playground statement.

Wait and see will result in nothing as he can, at the wave of his magic wand, declare that he has presidential authority to de-classify whatever he feels like. The bigger question is: How willing will partners be to share sensitive intel with the the usual US Three Letter Acronym agencies if they cannot trust that it will not be tweeted to the world.

That's the problem and what I was "waiting to see". And having worked with classified material myself over the years, (sometimes in concert with, sometimes against the agendas of three letter agencies), I concur that we'd have been down the slippery slope in the bat of an eye...but we don't have that executive privilege.

RevolverRob
05-16-2017, 03:05 PM
Well, other than Trump tweeting that he did it (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-defends-release-of-classified-information/ar-BBBchy7), you mean?

Yea he did it.

And?

Boom, the only answer necessary.

POTUS is Constitutionally the CINC and CINC can share/downgrade anything he wants at any given time in the interest of national security. Trump may not be the smartest POTUS we've ever had, but he's not some lowly clerk selling secrets to the Russians. He has the Constitutional authority to do what needs to be done.

Anybody who doesn't like that can go submit their constitutional amendment. When I was at the National Archives last 4th of July, there was an amazing exhibit two floors long with every constitutional amendment to have ever been submitted. The list goes along the floor, up the 10-ft wall, and across the ceiling doubling-back on itself, several thousand proposed Constitutional Amendments. Of them a grand total of 27 have been ratified. - Point is, some people want to change the process and people in hell want ice water. Not everyone gets what they want.

I HATE defending the doofus in charge, but he did nothing wrong here, period.

Default.mp3
05-16-2017, 03:18 PM
I HATE defending the doofus in charge, but he did nothing wrong here, period.Nothing illegal is not the same as nothing wrong.

LittleLebowski
05-16-2017, 03:34 PM

Tell us what he confirmed.

LittleLebowski
05-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Please explain how this is different from, well, every other administration in living memory. They all leak and every president rails about it. Every senior staffie (and many junior ones) sees it as in their own interest to be viewed by a few reporters as a "reliable source."

The nonstop witch hunt.

Zincwarrior
05-16-2017, 03:43 PM
The nonstop witch hunt.

less witch hunt, more daily self inflicted stabbing.
Now they are speeding up. I fully expect us to break the once a day crisis barrier within the next three weeks. :rolleyes:

Here are the following crisises in the last what 7 days that would not have occurred had Trump just well thought for more than five minutes or if some Secret Service dude took one for the team and fell on his twitter phone.
*Comey firing methodology
*Conflicting story from same guy's mouth on above.
*Threats against Comey to shut his face or snitches get stitches time.
*Spilling secrets to da Rooskies.
*Trying to defend himself about spilling secrets to da Rooskies.

I wonder what he will twitter tomorrow? Maybe he'll mention bacon while in SA and start a holy war.

LittleLebowski
05-16-2017, 03:53 PM
less witch hunt, more daily self inflicted stabbing.
Now they are speeding up. I fully expect us to break the once a day crisis barrier within the next three weeks. :rolleyes:

Here are the following crisises in the last what 7 days that would not have occurred had Trump just well thought for more than five minutes or if some Secret Service dude took one for the team and fell on his twitter phone.
*Comey firing methodology
*Conflicting story from same guy's mouth on above.
*Threats against Comey to shut his face or snitches get stitches time.
*Spilling secrets to da Rooskies.
*Trying to defend himself about spilling secrets to da Rooskies.

I wonder what he will twitter tomorrow? Maybe he'll mention bacon while in SA and start a holy war.

I agree on the Comey stuff (except for the recordings), I think the Russian stuff is entirely made up.

Zincwarrior
05-16-2017, 03:58 PM
I agree on the Comey stuff (except for the recordings), I think the Russian stuff is entirely made up.

Which Russian stuff are you referring to LL?

As an aside, its kind of refreshing to be able to have persons with differing views discuss this in a calm manner without flaming.*

*Unless someone is a cat person in which case you clearly need an intervention. Someone get that person a cute puppy and stat!

LittleLebowski
05-16-2017, 04:11 PM
Which Russian stuff are you referring to LL?

As an aside, its kind of refreshing to be able to have persons with differing views discuss this in a calm manner without flaming.*

*Unless someone is a cat person in which case you clearly need an intervention. Someone get that person a cute puppy and stat!

I think this whole recent Russian debacle is manufactured BS. I also think that he wasn't ever working with the Russians during the campaign. I believe the writers of the book "Shattered" in that the Dems never thought to blame Russia and thereby attempt to link Trump to Russia until the day Hillary lost.

LittleLebowski
05-16-2017, 04:20 PM

Exactly.

Zincwarrior
05-16-2017, 04:24 PM
I think this whole recent Russian debacle is manufactured BS. I also think that he wasn't ever working with the Russians during the campaign. I believe the writers of the book "Shattered" in that the Dems never thought to blame Russia and thereby attempt to link Trump to Russia until the day Hillary lost.

There is no evidence he has non business relationships with Russia. Two of his campaign/administration people (Manafort/Flynn) did but there s no evidence of his knowledge of that or further nonbusiness connections. Which is why the Comey thing was stupid. He got mad, wacked him, but now it looks like there is something there. He may have been a good business man 20 - 30 years ago, but he doesn't act like one now.

Business connections, I have no idea. There has been smoke around that, but evidence one way or another (his financial statements primarily) are hidden.

Stephanie B
05-16-2017, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Stephanie B
Please explain how this is different from, well, every other administration in living memory. They all leak and every president rails about it. Every senior staffie (and many junior ones) sees it as in their own interest to be viewed by a few reporters as a "reliable source."The nonstop witch hunt.
You mean like all of the nonexistent Clinton scandals in the 1990s? Or all of the allegations about Obama, none of which were ever substantiated?

LittleLebowski
05-16-2017, 04:27 PM
You mean like all of the nonexistent Clinton scandals in the 1990s? Or all of the allegations about Obama, none of which were ever substantiated?

And you saw how many networks and media sources relentlessly pushing these in an number equivalent to nowadays?

ranger
05-16-2017, 04:52 PM
I believe the Clinton scandals were substantiated but the liberals were ok with a blatant womanizer in the White House then. Kind of a double standard.

LittleLebowski
05-16-2017, 04:55 PM
I believe the Clinton scandals were substantiated but the liberals were ok with a blatant womanizer in the White House then. Kind of a double standard.

Remember the nonstop IMPEACH OBAMA stuff coming out of every network but Foxnews over the Obama administration leaking details about DEVGRU and assigning someone to "advise" the director of Zero Dark Thirty? Yeah, me neither.

Drang
05-16-2017, 04:58 PM
I believe the Clinton scandals were substantiated but the liberals were ok with a rapist in the White House then. Kind of a double standard.

FIFY.

Glenn E. Meyer
05-16-2017, 04:58 PM
The Clinton harassment scandals were prime examples of tribal politics excusing the bad behavior of your chosen one. In the current election, younger feminist writers were very critical of the Clintons. The same was true of younger African-American activists. They had no real use for them. Voting patterns might have been driven by lesser of two evils principle. That's how most people decided in 2016, unless you were delusional about your candidate.

ranger
05-16-2017, 04:59 PM
Former President Clinton is way delinquent on his SHARP training!

LittleLebowski
05-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Obama Admin Admits Info Released to Zero Dark Thirty Filmmakers Might Pose a ‘security and counterintelligence risk’ (http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/obama-administration-admits-information-released-to-zero-dark-thirty-filmmakers-might-pose-an-unnecessary-security-and-counterintelligence-risk/)

Navy SEAL who wrote bin Laden raid book must pay government at least $6.8 million (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/08/19/navy-seal-who-wrote-bin-laden-raid-book-must-pay-government-at-least-6-7-million/?utm_term=.a0f38aa0004c)

blues
05-16-2017, 06:42 PM
The score so far...

RevolverRob
05-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Nothing illegal is not the same as nothing wrong.

This...is a valid point.

I suppose my perspective on this is, it is the president's prerogative to downgrade security on information at will. So, it's hard to fault him if he felt it was necessary and important. - Of course the question is - do we trust that he knows what is necessary and/or important? And the feeling I'm getting from most people here, including pro (leaning?) Trump folks is..."meh...maybe??".

peterb
05-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Knowing when to stop talking has not been one of his strong points so far.

Sensei
05-16-2017, 07:53 PM
Knowing when to stop Tweeting has not been one of his strong points so far.

Wrong gerund...;)

Tamara
05-16-2017, 08:17 PM
And you saw how many networks and media sources relentlessly pushing these in an number equivalent to nowadays?

Did you not have a television? Else how would we know about them?

Tamara
05-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Obama Admin Admits Info Released to Zero Dark Thirty Filmmakers Might Pose a ‘security and counterintelligence risk’ (http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/obama-administration-admits-information-released-to-zero-dark-thirty-filmmakers-might-pose-an-unnecessary-security-and-counterintelligence-risk/)

Navy SEAL who wrote bin Laden raid book must pay government at least $6.8 million (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/08/19/navy-seal-who-wrote-bin-laden-raid-book-must-pay-government-at-least-6-7-million/?utm_term=.a0f38aa0004c)

When I was a kid, the "But my sister did it too!" excuse wasn't worth spit.

LittleLebowski
05-16-2017, 08:29 PM

That was in response to the argument that the media had it out for the Dems like they do Trump.

TAZ
05-17-2017, 10:01 PM
Did you not have a television? Else how would we know about them?

I will admit to maybe not being as in tune to the political landscape back then, but are you saying that the amount of coverage and poo slinging was the same then as it is against Trump today. Honest question not trying to be a smart ass.

Maybe now with Mueller assigned as special prosecutor there will appear a stained dress as evidence of some wrong doing and someone will get tossed in jail if laws were broken. I just hope the obstructionist DNC don't go crying foul if the investigation uncovers dirt on both sides of the aisle. I can honesly see the poo flinging accusations start mounting against the investigation if they begin to uncover the leakers and recipients of classified information being DNC Obama-ites.

BaiHu
05-17-2017, 11:44 PM

I'd agree with you if there was consistent accountability. BUT, there isn't, so it matters to plebes like me that the dems can exist in a wild and fantastical state of constant hypocrisy seemingly forever, meanwhile, a republican is lucky to survive, in a hypocritical state, for longer than a minute.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

peterb
05-18-2017, 05:35 AM
Sounds familiar........

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2017/05/18/trump-conservatives-cannot-give-whataboutism/

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/17/520435073/trump-embraces-one-of-russias-favorite-propaganda-tactics-whataboutism

Hambo
05-18-2017, 07:45 AM
Trump has brought a lot of the coverage on himself with his constant tweeting and his inability to STFU.

LittleLebowski
05-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Trump has brought a lot of the coverage on himself with his constant tweeting and his inability to STFU.

Undeniably, but I do agree that no other President has been under an all out media assault like this. For me, there's no discernible barrier between the Democratic Party and most of the media.

Sensei
05-18-2017, 04:44 PM
I agree that the MSM is overtly hostile to Trump in a manner never before seen. In past administrations, it was more of a Cold War. However, things got hot with this administration with both sides escalating the tension; the media playing loose with facts and anonymous sources, and Trump being quick to scream fake news. Add in the fact that Spicer has the interpersonal skills of Rocket the Racoon and it's no wonder that there is a hot war.

Ultimately, I think that Trump's decision to directly battle the media was a mistake. He simply does not have the credibility to pull it off due to his own misstatements. A better strategy would have been to use humor or wit but sadly Reagan's charm is rare in politics.

Hambo
05-18-2017, 04:46 PM
Undeniably, but I do agree that no other President has been under an all out media assault like this.

No other president has managed to have a special investigation just four months in. The media didn't cause that to happen.

NEPAKevin
05-18-2017, 05:13 PM
President Trump was constitutionally elected by the people. No-one voted for the main stream media or its agendas.

Drang
05-18-2017, 06:24 PM
Guests Remind NBC, CNN: Obama Gave Classified Intel to Russia (http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2017/05/16/guests-remind-nbc-cnn-obama-gave-classified-intel-russia)

Obama Forced U.S. To Share Intelligence With Castro's Regime In Cuba (http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/16/obama-ordered-u-s-intelligence-community-share-intel-cuba/)

The Obama administration put some flesh on the bones of the October 2016 directive by signing a January 2017 law enforcement agreement (https://cu.usembassy.gov/united-states-cuba-sign-law-enforcement-memorandum-understanding/) with Cuba officially committing the U.S. to sharing sensitive intelligence with the island nation’s communist regime.

SunTzu
05-18-2017, 09:21 PM
https://youtu.be/MpQ6X4ojHws

AMC
05-19-2017, 04:17 AM
I agree that the MSM is overtly hostile to Trump in a manner never before seen. In past administrations, it was more of a Cold War. However, things got hot with this administration with both sides escalating the tension; the media playing loose with facts and anonymous sources, and Trump being quick to scream fake news. Add in the fact that Spicer has the interpersonal skills of Rocket the Racoon and it's no wonder that there is a hot war.

Ultimately, I think that Trump's decision to directly battle the media was a mistake. He simply does not have the credibility to pull it off due to his own misstatements. A better strategy would have been to use humor or wit but sadly Reagan's charm is rare in politics.

The comparison of Spicer to Rocket Racoon is completely unfair. Rocket, at least, knows how to handle a gun and doesn't hide in the bushes during a fight. And my 10 year old daughter thinks he's adorable.

Nephrology
05-19-2017, 05:42 AM
I'd agree with you if there was consistent accountability. BUT, there isn't, so it matters to plebes like me that the dems can exist in a wild and fantastical state of constant hypocrisy seemingly forever, meanwhile, a republican is lucky to survive, in a hypocritical state, for longer than a minute.

Frankly I don't think that it is helpful to frame the woeful Trump presidency in the context of Red team/blue team politics. Trump isn't exactly much of a Republican to begin with, and the tenor and nature of the troubles of the two presidencies are entirely different. I certainly don't understand how Trump has earned much in the way of loyalty from, well, anyone.

Hambo
05-19-2017, 05:46 AM
The investigation is a good thing. If there's something to find, find it and deal with it and the people involved. If not, then we'll know for sure and both sides can STFU. My guess is that it will be a mixed bag.

BaiHu
05-19-2017, 06:57 AM
Frankly I don't think that it is helpful to frame the woeful Trump presidency in the context of Red team/blue team politics. Trump isn't exactly much of a Republican to begin with, and the tenor and nature of the troubles of the two presidencies are entirely different. I certainly don't understand how Trump has earned much in the way of loyalty from, well, anyone.
That hasn't stopped the MSM or the Democrats painting Trump like an ultra-right winger, so I'd say it's pretty relevant.

The bottom line for me is "they" (the regressive left/MSM/anti-Trumpers) have labeled Trump a walking hate crime. Once you label someone like that, he's no longer human. He can be aborted.

It's because of this that I cannot say whether Trump is as effective as I'd like him to be or he's not effective because he's spending more time trying to disprove negatives.

If Trump was so wrapped up in Russia, then why wouldn't Comey or Obama at least level the playing field during the election? It's all just a bit too convenient for me to see "impeach" written everywhere. Does no one see the future in all of this if we let this behavior slide as citizens of the US Constitution?

critter
05-19-2017, 08:56 AM

In the world of us peons, absolutely. In our system, it may indicate a precedent having been set.

Inkwell 41
05-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Here is the clear evidence of the Trump/Russia connection as reported by the New York Times...
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=2
Oh, wait... it was the Clintons who brokered that deal, while Hillary was Secretary of State. My bad.

Drang
05-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Here is the clear evidence of the Trump/Russia connection as reported by the New York Times...
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=2
Oh, wait... it was the Clintons who brokered that deal, while Hillary was Secretary of State. My bad.

Did I share these already?
Instapundit » Blog Archive » IT’S DIFFERENT WHEN THEY DO IT: Obama Gave Classified Intel to Russia. Chief executives share int… (https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/265104/)

Instapundit » Blog Archive » THAT’S DIFFERENT BECAUSE SHUT UP: Obama Ordered The U.S. Intelligence Community To Share Intel With Cuba… (https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/265081/)

TAZ
05-19-2017, 09:48 PM

You know Sensei, we may not agree on all things but this crap has to stop. Why must you attack Rocket Raccoon in such a manner. Just cause he's short and has a funny voice isn't a reason to put him in the same category as Spicer.

Trump needs to STFU and move along with the agenda he was elected to push. No need for press conferences. Hand out written statements or better yet tweet out links to a YouTube video of his weekly address to the people of America. We can get our info straight from the horses mouth instead of filters manned by retarded [emoji204]. I voted for Trump not the MSM. I'd rather watch a short weekly summary from him anyway.

The investigation is a good thing. Even Spicer can parrot the we don't comment on ongoing investigations line and STFU. They just have to make sure Mueller and his people keep their pie holes shut and effectively id and plug leaks as they appear.

Sensei
05-19-2017, 11:34 PM
It seems like my comparison of Spicer to Rocket has offended some of my fellow nerds. ;) Unfortunately, forum parameters prevent me from editing my post. Please accept my apologies and correction - Spicer has all the charisma of Taserface.

Those of you who do not know who Taserface is need to go see GOTG Vol. 2...like right now.

AMC
05-20-2017, 12:08 AM
It seems like my comparison of Spicer to Rocket has offended some of my fellow nerds. ;) Unfortunately, forum parameters prevent me from editing my post. Please accept my apologies and correction - Spicer has all the charisma of Taserface.

Those of you who do not know who Taserface is need to go see GOTG Vol. 2...like right now.

The charisma and the leadership capabilities. "It's metaphorical!"

Sensei
05-20-2017, 12:39 AM
#VeryWellPlayed (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=VeryWellPlayed)