PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest reason for having to downsize my NPE gun.

Eli
05-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Whores.

Dirty, filthy, whores.

I'm literally the ONLY male nurse in my facility. I mostly work third shift, which tends to attract a...different, shall we say, personality group. Several of my CNAs and a couple of my fellow nurses have made pretty obvious advances. This has ranged from "Excuse me Miss, but I believe that you've rubbed your ass on my penis.", to "She can touch you. You can't touch her. It's $40 per song."

As the banner under my name states, I'm the token fat guy. Not to put too gross an image in you mind, but to rub my junk, you have to MEAN to...it isn't something that you can physically get to by accident.

At the last place I worked, I carried a 19 in a Phlster Skeleton, right at 12 o'clock. For an absolute real fear of someone "feeling my gun", I've swapped to my 43 moved closer to 2 o'clock, in one of the new Phlster Skeleton Gen2s.

Two points that everyone is going to make...

1) No, I'm not going to stop carrying at work. That's just not who I am as a person.
2) Yes, this is absolutely inappropriate behavior, I agree. No I'm not going to report it. Partly because It's only about 62% unwelcomed, but also because without absolute proof, nothing would get done about it....other than just making my life a little harder.

Bottom line is, this is a very stupid problem to have...and I'm not really sure that I'm mad that I have it.

*end of rant/brag

That Guy
05-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Carry a BFR. You'll soon have either your personal space back or some _very_ good friends.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk

breakingtime91
05-12-2017, 12:50 PM
As someone who works in a profession dominated by women, mostly attractive women, I feel your pain. Difficult waters to wade through, also did I mention, I love my wife and how she simply laughs at girls hitting on or flirting with me?

FNFAN
05-12-2017, 12:56 PM
As someone who works in a profession dominated by women, mostly attractive women, I feel your pain.

You could have saved us all an extra click posting a link to your 'about me.';)

45dotACP
05-12-2017, 01:49 PM
I get where you are coming from...being a nurse is pretty cool...except that 62% that's unwelcome...yeah that's the 80something ladies with CO2 levels in the 90s trying to grab my junk...Or dudes coming off of ETOH withdrawal who don't understand that I'm a dude...but then they just try to grab my tatas or slap my ass... definitely won't get made.

Buut..I don't carry where I'm not allowed. No carry signs here carry force of law and I've had to wrestle patients before...my gun pops out, I don't just get fired, I go to jail and lose my license.

As the token fat guy, have you considered bra carry? (I kid, I kid)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chuck Haggard
05-12-2017, 02:14 PM
You said harder......

AIWB is the carry of choice of NYPD UC guys back in the day, due to "bump frisk" habits the hookers had to try and ID cops....

DallasBronco
05-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Carry a BFR. You'll soon have either your personal space back or some _very_ good friends.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
Two words "flare gun".

Eli
05-12-2017, 03:38 PM
I've had to wrestle patients before...my gun pops out, I don't just get fired, I go to jail and lose my license.

I understand, and if I were in your shoes I might go the same way. In the 6 months that I've been working at my job, we've had to call the police twice and pray that they arrived at the facility before a resident's family member did. In both instances, the family members were pissed when they found out that "momma's money" wasn't going exclusively into their bank account anymore. Their response was to call the facility while high/drunk and inform the receptionist that they were going to stop by and kill everyone.

Local cops arrested both of them in the parking lot. One had a shovel, the other had a break-action 20 gauge, but no shells.

45dotACP
05-12-2017, 03:40 PM
Holy shit...yeah I'd be carrying too bro.

Mitch
05-12-2017, 03:43 PM
I'd be looking for a new place of employment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST911
05-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Whores.

Dirty, filthy, whores.

I'm literally the ONLY male nurse in my facility. I mostly work third shift, which tends to attract a...different, shall we say, personality group. Several of my CNAs and a couple of my fellow nurses have made pretty obvious advances. This has ranged from "Excuse me Miss, but I believe that you've rubbed your ass on my penis.", to "She can touch you. You can't touch her. It's $40 per song."

As the banner under my name states, I'm the token fat guy. Not to put too gross an image in you mind, but to rub my junk, you have to MEAN to...it isn't something that you can physically get to by accident.

Bottom line is, this is a very stupid problem to have...and I'm not really sure that I'm mad that I have it.

Do you have a blog I can subscribe to?

Bigghoss
05-12-2017, 07:00 PM
If they're into fat dudes, send 'em out my way. I got a belly they can rub up on.

Kidding. I would probably feel the same way if I were in that situation.

TGS
05-12-2017, 08:34 PM
I'd be looking for a new place of employment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What he described is pretty much the norm for 3rd shift in hospitals.

Paul D
05-12-2017, 09:15 PM
Fannypack. Solves 2 problems: allow you to carry and to repel them ladies.

El Cid
05-12-2017, 09:21 PM
I was going to suggest Smart Carry or Thunderwear but if they are rubbing against your junk that won't work.

Maybe get this? Lol! ;)
http://img.ifcdn.com/images/270ebcbb327cf3057927695777c2d95b546b7f1097b9f0646f 9024771e47da8c_1.jpg

voodoo_man
05-13-2017, 06:15 AM
What he described is pretty much the norm for 3rd shift in hospitals.

Can confirm, have spent many a 3rd shift with prisoners in hospitals, that type of conduct is not limited to just nurses. We regularly have to watch out for "incidental contact"

Chance
05-13-2017, 08:04 AM
I thought this sort of thing was why men became nurses.

45dotACP
05-13-2017, 10:08 AM
I thought this sort of thing was why men became nurses.
Well for me it was because I couldn't hack med school and wanted to marry a hot doctor...

NEPAKevin
05-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Had to go to the local ER late night/early morning for my mom and commented to my wife that it would be nice if it were a little more ER or Chicago Hope and less Gray's Anatomy.

Chance
05-13-2017, 07:29 PM
Austin Powers: I shagged her rotten, baby, yeah!
Vanessa Kensington: Did you at least use protection ?
Austin Powers: Of course. I had my 9mm automatic.
Vanessa Kensington: You know I meant, did you use a condom?
Austin Powers: No, only sailors wear condoms baby.
Vanessa Kensington: Not in the '90s Austin.
Austin Powers: Well they should, those filthy beggars. They go from port to port.