PDA

View Full Version : Deer spotted chewing on human bones

LittleLebowski
05-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Yeah, it's that weird.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/05/deer-eating-human-forensics-decomposition/

SeriousStudent
05-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Fair is fair.

As long as they don't grow opposable thumbs and start shooting back, I'm not fretting yet.

Matt O
05-08-2017, 09:35 PM
I wonder if Hornady will start marketing their Zombie Max ammo to hunters now. ;)

LockedBreech
05-09-2017, 12:21 AM
Fair is fair.

As long as they don't grow opposable thumbs and start shooting back, I'm not fretting yet.

QUIET YOU DAMN FOOL YOU'LL GET US ALL KILLED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totem Polar
05-09-2017, 02:17 AM
Fair is fair...

Yup.

JHC
05-09-2017, 06:42 AM
Imagine the game animal the whitetail would be if it had the disposition of the cape buffalo?

Eastex
05-09-2017, 06:47 AM
I'm a little surprised this was in Texas, I was really expecting Florida Man was involved with that headline

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

Peally
05-09-2017, 08:53 AM
"Florida man's pet deer eats body"

Glenn E. Meyer
05-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Wow, where I live - we are swamped by deer. I hope my wife drags me inside when I kick off working on the house. Or not, might be cheaper and more friendly to the environment.

Duelist
05-09-2017, 10:47 AM
IIRC, the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation's magazine had a photo spread a few years ago of elk eating bones. The explanation was that they are after the calcium.

Does seem a bit weird, but rodents do it, too.

41magfan
05-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Deer are opportunistic carnivores and it's not uncommon for them to eat small game like birds and mice.

LittleLebowski
05-09-2017, 11:11 AM

This is likely to happen, not kidding.

Totem Polar
05-09-2017, 11:19 AM
This is likely to happen, not kidding.

Yup.

John Hearne
05-09-2017, 06:43 PM
Everybody loves protien, not everyone can catch it. Deer will totally eat baby birds in a nest if they come across them.

Hambo
05-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Fuck you guys. Bambi would never eat me.

I thought the weird part was "body farms" that leave human corpses to decompose. :confused: That's walking dead shit, there.

HCM
05-09-2017, 09:15 PM
Wow, where I live - we are swamped by deer. I hope my wife drags me inside when I kick off working on the house. Or not, might be cheaper and more friendly to the environment.

I wouldn't worray about the deer. We have no shortage of Coyotes or buzzards.

Glenn E. Meyer
05-10-2017, 11:31 AM
That's true. We still get coyotes walking around. Once a squirrel was run over in the middle of our street and a flock of buzzards descended on it. In about 15 minutes they just left a skeleton.

Alembic
05-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Imagine the game animal the whitetail would be if it had the disposition of the cape buffalo?

I've spent many weeks in the backcountry on Kodiak and in east Africa. You pucker up when your guide picks up scat and starts getting nervous. Esp. when your guide is a Samburu warrior with just two spears and a stick... I truly believe he would have layed down his life for us, but man, you could tell he was scared shitless when it came to Cape Buffalo.

It's a whole different world when you're not the top of the food chain.

Glenn E. Meyer
05-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Years ago, I was in the doc's office waiting. They had some outdoors magazine and I read a story about a buffalo hunt. Guy goes on the hunt with the great white hunter. The buffalo is in the brush, hidden by some foliage. The GWH tells the client to wait and he will look. Well, surprise - the buffalo comes charging out of the foliage with the GWH impales on its horns. One in the chest and the other in the genitals. The local support folks take a look and run for their lives, leaving the client watching the buffalo and hunter recede into the distance. To the client's credit, he trails the buffalo and puts it down. He drags or carries the GWH to a village where he is evacuated to help. Don't know if this is true but it was an impressive story.

BJXDS
05-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Everybody loves protien, not everyone can catch it. Deer will totally eat baby birds in a nest if they come across them.

Several years ago one of the outdoor mags, can't remember which one, had an article with pics about this.

jwperry
05-12-2017, 11:01 AM

In these parts we refer to him as Flori-duh man.