PDA

View Full Version : Still not missing my Pandora account after 3 years of subscription

LittleLebowski
05-04-2017, 09:02 PM

blues
05-04-2017, 09:06 PM
I've been very happy with Spotify the last few years. Pandora paled in comparison.

LOKNLOD
05-04-2017, 09:43 PM
I'm in a mood, so hell I just deleted my whole account. And I've been using it for going on 8 years now. Bummed they didn't have any kind of "why?" comment box so I could tell them to F-off.

Coyotesfan97
05-04-2017, 11:15 PM
Mine was deleted the first day they posted that

Suvorov
05-04-2017, 11:53 PM
I too have been without Pandora since that add. Wife gets on me now and then about it but we listen to the non-political (I'm sure they are a bunch of pinkos they just are smart enough not to alienate anyone) user funded classical station most of the time anyhow. The suck of it is that pretty much all the tech companies - Google, Facebook, Mozilla, et all - are staffed and run by a majority of SJW bleeding hearts that agree 100% with Pandora's message. If one were to truly boycott all the tech companies that overtly support a leftist agenda - we'd be using #2 pencils again.

Jay Cunningham
05-05-2017, 04:56 AM
I had no idea that I was supposed to boycot, divest, and sanction Pandora until I read this.

Thanks PF!!

hufnagel
05-05-2017, 05:42 AM
Me neither.
Of course killing my account wouldn't do anything, as it's a non-paying account. In fact you could say I'd be helping them out, as they have to pay for the listens.

Suvorov
05-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Me neither.
Of course killing my account wouldn't do anything, as it's a non-paying account. In fact you could say I'd be helping them out, as they have to pay for the listens.

No - they run adds. The fewer listeners the less add revenue. To go add less you need to subscribe.

Clusterfrack
05-08-2017, 12:29 PM
I was done with Pandora before that. I was listening to the Primus channel, and WTF do they play? The Beatles. I fucking hate the Beatles, so I clicked on "don't play that shit again". What came up next? The Grateful Dead, which I hate even more than the Beatles. Pandora App == Delete.

Luke
05-08-2017, 12:44 PM
I listen to pandora a lot. Idc what they think

Lunker
05-08-2017, 01:02 PM
I listen to pandora a lot. Idc what they think

This isn't a free speech thing. Pandora can support any group they like. It is that my/your support of Pandora helps fund their support of BLM. If you are good with that, then listen on. I am not, and will be deleting my account today.

hufnagel
05-08-2017, 03:06 PM
No - they run adds. The fewer listeners the less add revenue. To go add less you need to subscribe.

.... the APK on my phone doesn't play ads, ever, and my account is not a paid subscriber. neither does the gadget applet on my Windows 7 desktop.

Suvorov
05-08-2017, 03:29 PM
.... the APK on my phone doesn't play ads, ever, and my account is not a paid subscriber. neither does the gadget applet on my Windows 7 desktop.

Maybe they changed but when I used the service last year they definitely were running adds. It may have been a matter of opting for adds so the player wouldn't stop every so often. Since I don't use it anymore I guess it doesn't really matter.

LOKNLOD
05-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Maybe they changed but when I used the service last year they definitely were running adds. It may have been a matter of opting for adds so the player wouldn't stop every so often. Since I don't use it anymore I guess it doesn't really matter.

I was getting an add at least once every 5-10 songs and any time I changed stations or used a skip. Plenty of ads.