PDA

View Full Version : Let's Not Cause The Murderers Any Discomfort...

blues
04-24-2017, 02:12 PM
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Two Arkansas killers set to die Monday in the nation's first double execution in more than 16 years acknowledge they're guilty but fear the lethal injections could subject them to excruciating pain due to their various health problems.

Seriously, WTF?

I guess we need to provide them with a menu of options: Firing squad, Sledge Hammer, Ice Pick, Hanging, Electric Chair, Stoning, Guillotine...I really don't give a rat's ass as long as we take the trash out sooner rather than later. This hanging around, (unfortunately not literally), for years after they've been sentenced to be executed is a mockery of justice.

Link (https://apnews.com/f5105c1f0d4e4accab1130e0fe4d7ef3/Arkansas-prepares-for-1st-double-execution-in-US-since-2000) to article.

voodoo_man
04-24-2017, 02:39 PM
Have you been paying attention the last fifteen or so years?

This is not a new thing, this is a direct result of leftist policies and their knighthood of criminals while they damn law enforcement.

Someone in the political sphere, just as in the judicial arena, should let their balls drop and refuse to hear this nonsense.

blues
04-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Have you been paying attention the last fifteen or so years?

This is not a new thing, this is a direct result of leftist policies and their knighthood of criminals while they damn law enforcement...

Nope. I just woke up out of a coma and noticed this for the first time. Thank you for clearing this up for me as I sure never saw this coming.

Erik
04-24-2017, 02:53 PM
Coma, eh? Just so you know, that whole Trump as president thing is real...

blues
04-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Coma, eh? Just so you know, that whole Trump as president thing is real...

St. PFestivus says...

"There's gonna be hell to pay! I'm just sayin'."

critter
04-24-2017, 02:57 PM
What's truly ridiculous is that reading the quote in the first post cracked me up. It's like, this type of farcical absurdity has normalized to the point of chuckling at the irony rather than even slightly raising an eyebrow.

Peally
04-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Break out the electric chair, and set it to a slow burn so we're not ruining the environment.

blues
04-24-2017, 03:01 PM
What's truly ridiculous is that reading the quote in the first post cracked me up. It's like, this type of farcical absurdity has normalized to the point of chuckling at the irony rather than even slightly raising an eyebrow.

Yeah, it's reached the point where "you can't make this shit up" has simply become the menu du jour.

voodoo_man
04-24-2017, 03:19 PM
St. PFestivus says...

"There's gonna be hell to pay! I'm just sayin'."

Old age does not seem to suite you, clearly you are delusional.

You mistaken my lack of caring for weakness, pity that your life has resolved to this.

Just a damn shame.

Sherman A. House DDS
04-24-2017, 03:28 PM
A Dentist invented the Electric Chair.

Another Dentist invented cotton candy (ironically originally called, "Candy Floss").

Vigorous use of the latter almost ensures the need for dental restorative work, while the former guarantees elimination of any kind of work at all. Save for the mortician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blues
04-24-2017, 03:28 PM
Old age does not seem to suite you, clearly you are delusional.

You mistaken my lack of caring for weakness, pity that your life has resolved to this.

Just a damn shame.

If someone can translate this into something coherent...I'm apparently too old and addle minded to make sense of it.

BTW, VDM, the post of mine you quoted and responded to was not a reply to anything you posted.
It was in reply to the message above my post stating that Trump had become president. (Which really should have been made obvious by the fact that I had quoted the post.) You really should learn to pick your battles or at least how to read.

voodoo_man
04-24-2017, 03:42 PM
If someone can translate this into something coherent...I'm apparently too old and addle minded to make sense of it.

BTW, VDM, the post of mine you quoted and responded to was not a reply to anything you posted.
It was in reply to the message above my post stating that Trump had become president. (Which really should have been made obvious by the fact that I had quoted the post.) You really should learn to pick your battles or at least how to read.

Easy to say after the fact, and sad that you have to in order to defend yourself.

Just so sad.

Erik
04-24-2017, 03:45 PM

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute! That was in response to me??? So now I have to post something incoherent and tangentially-related at best? Thanks a lot man. Shit. At least that's in my wheel house.

RevolverRob
04-24-2017, 03:47 PM
Seriously, y'all...

https://www.amazon.com/Midol-Complete-Caplets-40-Count/dp/B00WJZB2AQ/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1493066802&sr=1-2&keywords=Midol

Midol can be ordered under Amazon Pantry, so it is delivered to you regularly. No need to ever run out.

trailrunner
04-24-2017, 04:01 PM
If they think lethal injection "could subject them to excruciating pain," then they should be executed in the same manner that they killed their victims. In fact, one guy raped three women before he killed them, so he should also get raped that many times. The other guy killed a lady by strangling her with an electrical cord.

They couldn't possible claim that being executed that way would be unfair, could they?

RevolverRob
04-24-2017, 04:08 PM
If they think lethal injection "could subject them to excruciating pain," then they should be executed in the same manner that they killed their victims. In fact, one guy raped three women before he killed them, so he should also get raped that many times. The other guy killed a lady by strangling her with an electrical cord.

They couldn't possible claim that being executed that way would be unfair, could they?

Cruel and Unusual Punishment.

Which is, alas, Constitutionally verboten.

The real issue, in my mind, is that the drugs used in lethal injection (namely pentobarbital and pancuronium bromide) are both in short supply and stocks of them are degrading, making them less effective. The manufacturers of these drugs refuse to sell them to institutions that perform lethal injection executions and thus are making it more unsafe to do lethal injection executions.

I still have yet to find a compelling reason why a firing squad isn't sufficient. Or frankly even a gas chamber.

blues
04-24-2017, 04:09 PM
Easy to say after the fact, and sad that you have to in order to defend yourself.

Just so sad.

Well, bring it then, VDM. I'll be happy to joust with you anytime you feel the need to be unseated.

blues
04-24-2017, 04:11 PM
Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute! That was in response to me??? So now I have to post something incoherent and tangentially-related at best? Thanks a lot man. Shit. At least that's in my wheel house.

Well, at least you validated my perspective. ;)

blues
04-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Seriously, y'all...

https://www.amazon.com/Midol-Complete-Caplets-40-Count/dp/B00WJZB2AQ/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1493066802&sr=1-2&keywords=Midol

Midol can be ordered under Amazon Pantry, so it is delivered to you regularly. No need to ever run out.

Thanks. Do you take the suppositories?

RevolverRob
04-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Thanks. Do you take the suppositories?

No.

I recommend you wrap them in your tampons.

blues
04-24-2017, 04:19 PM
No.

I recommend you wrap them in your tampons.

Those are so two weeks ago.

Erik
04-24-2017, 04:20 PM
Or two weeks from now.

ssb
04-24-2017, 04:21 PM
I don't understand the fascination with making death a clinical procedure. Given all of the hand-wringing about lethal injection (along with, more importantly, the potential risk to bona fide anesthesia drugs from foreign manufacturers), I don't know why the states haven't dodged this problem entirely and reverted to another method.

I'm agnostic about the death penalty -- I view it as a complicated catch-22 that maybe sort of kind of provides something that sort of looks a bit like justice ten or twenty years after the act (after almost everybody moves on). If it must be done, I'm in favor of judicial hanging. When executed properly and according to well-established protocol it is efficient, economical, at a low risk for human error to involve itself, and above all else humane. As a bonus, it's something that we've historically reserved for criminal nobodies: unlike, say, the firing squad or beheading, the method carries no dignity about it. Efficiency and humanity should be the primary goals for the method, in my view -- not the amount of suffering the inmate goes through. Capital punishment is taking out the trash, not some sort of state-sanctioned revenge fantasy.

As an upthread aside, the past few days have been pretty instructional as to which companies I may choose to spend my money at...

blues
04-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Or two weeks from now.

What's the date?

ssb
04-24-2017, 04:23 PM
I still have yet to find a compelling reason why a firing squad isn't sufficient...

Human error.

...Or frankly even a gas chamber.

Nobody wants to watch the inmate die in his own vomit, along with some very negative historical connotations.

blues
04-24-2017, 04:23 PM
When executed properly and according to well-established protocol it is efficient, economical, at a low risk for human error to involve itself, and above all else humane.

I see what you did there...

voodoo_man
04-24-2017, 05:21 PM
Well, bring it then, VDM. I'll be happy to joust with you anytime you feel the need to be unseated.

Cute.