PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Hernandez hung himself...

hufnagel
04-19-2017, 08:49 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/us/aaron-hernandez-suicide/index.html
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-nfl-star-aaron-hernandez-dead-after-hanging-self-in-cell/ar-BBA1S3v?li=BBnb7Kz

I'm sorry, I gotta call shenanigans on this being a "suicide." The guy just won a case on another accused murder, and i'm hearing rumors (no data yet for it, sorry) that he's got an appeal going on the life sentence that actually stands a chance of winning.

I've no love (or hate for that matter) for the guy, but it seems oddly timed.

Peally
04-19-2017, 09:10 AM
I'm only sorry the motherfucker didn't do it way, way earlier in life. Could have saved a whole lot of money.

BobLoblaw
04-19-2017, 09:33 AM
Good. Au revoir, shithead.

JDM
04-19-2017, 09:35 AM
"You can have all the money in the world playing a kids game and all you have to do is not kill anyone."

"Nope. Can't do it. I have to murder"

I'll never understand this shit.

voodoo_man
04-19-2017, 09:48 AM
And yet...not a single fuck was given...

Arbninftry
04-19-2017, 10:43 AM
WELL,.... BYE!

Good riddance. All that talent wasted on a thug.

Rex G
04-19-2017, 12:34 PM
Presumably, this person was was a former professional athlete? Elongated, pointy-ended ball, or round ball?

Vinnie Bagadonuts
04-19-2017, 12:40 PM
Presumably, this person was was a former professional athlete? Elongated, pointy-ended ball, or round ball?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19191248/former-new-england-patriots-te-aaron-hernandez-found-dead-prison-cell

That would be pointy ended, elongated variety.

Peally
04-19-2017, 12:40 PM
NFL, Patriots. Effectively a free ride to the good life, and still decided to be a steaming piece of murdering shit.

JohnO
04-19-2017, 12:46 PM
I'm only sorry the motherfucker didn't do it way, way earlier in life. Could have saved a whole lot of money.

Was thinking the exact same thing. Why was this guy on trial for murder when he was in jail for life (no parole possible) for another murder in a non-death penalty state? That sounds like misuse of public funds.

My hypothesis has always been that a significant percentage of professional athletes in certain sports would be incarcerated if not for their sport and fat paycheck. This guy lends credence to my theory.

BobLoblaw
04-19-2017, 12:49 PM
Linky: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?19857-Make-me-laugh-the-PF-memes-thread-EASILY-BUTTHURT-KEEP-OUT&p=592063#post592063

blues
04-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Was thinking the exact same thing. Why was this guy on trial for murder when he was in jail for life (no parole possible) for another murder in a non-death penalty state? That sounds like misuse of public funds.

My hypothesis has always been that a significant percentage of professional athletes in certain sports would be incarcerated if not for their sport and fat paycheck. This guy lends credence to my theory.

I've been harping on that very observation for years and it is what has largely turned me off much of professional sports, specifically the NFL and NBA moreso than baseball and (lagging far behind) hockey. Funny that hockey used to have the violent and brawling reputation but they are by and large the most gentlemanly of the professional athletes. (Of course, I am biased as it's the sport I'm most passionate about.)

txdpd
04-19-2017, 01:14 PM
I wondered how he must have felt after not only being found not guilty, but that the state didn't have a solid case on him to begin with, only to realize that he's serving a life sentence for killing a witness/co-conspirator that he didn't need to kill in the first place. If he wasn't already in prison, that case wouldn't have gone to trial.

That's must a tough pill to swallow.

RevolverRob
04-19-2017, 01:21 PM
I'm sorry, I gotta call shenanigans on this being a "suicide.".

Reports are that he piled stuff against the door of the cell to keep it from being opened. He was in the cell by himself. How do you hang a guy, pile stuff against the door and close it behind you?

It's hard to know, but he has had a daughter since in jail. Maybe he realized that no matter whether he beat the wrap or not, his daughter would be constantly caught up in his trail of shit. Hanging himself now and ending it, keeps his daughter from spending her childhood going in and out of courtrooms hearing about what a piece of shit murderer her father is. Sure, she'll STILL have to deal with that reality in the future, but she won't be traumatized by the constant court battles and constant flow of contrary information regarding her father. She's young enough, she'll likely forget most of what has transpired early on and though her father is dead, she won't have to be one of those kids reading the books about, "My daddy is in jail and never getting out."

Hopefully, her mother doesn't marry some other piece of shit and have a ruinous stepfather for her daughter.

PS: I'm not sympathetic to Hernandez. My wife told me about this, this morning, when I was still half asleep and my only response was, "Good. Glad he saved the taxpayers some money."

octagon
04-19-2017, 01:44 PM
I've been harping on that very observation for years and it is what has largely turned me off much of professional sports, specifically the NFL and NBA moreso than baseball and (lagging far behind) hockey. Funny that hockey used to have the violent and brawling reputation but they are by and large the most gentlemanly of the professional athletes. (Of course, I am biased as it's the sport I'm most passionate about.)

Hockey does have a violent reputation it just happens to be with men who accept the nature of the game and happens on ice instead of to the girlfriend in an elevator who is half the size of her boyfriend. :)

Peally
04-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Hockey is pretty tame nowadays, the age of drafting enforcers on your team to start fights is long past. Plus Canadians are naturally polite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcqQC02YbY

blues
04-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Hockey is pretty tame nowadays, the age of drafting enforcers on your team to start fights is long past. Plus Canadians are naturally polite.

https://youtu.be/CpeJ3UFXp4Y

JohnO
04-19-2017, 02:06 PM
It looks like HERNANDEZ'S MURDER CONVICTION LIKELY TO BE TOSSED.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_AARON_HERNANDEZ_LEGAL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-04-19-14-05-31

Let this serve as an example to everyone incarcerated who wants to clear their name and win their appeal. Kill yourself.

Coyotesfan97
04-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Every NHL hockey player I've met has been a gentleman and most seem to be very down to earth people. I've had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Shane Doan several times. I went to my sons driving school parents night and his daughter was in the same class. I think I was the only one (with the exception of staff) who knew who he was.

I've met Tyson Nash, who had to be one of the chippiest players around, and he was funnier than crap and a great guy to talk to.

Hernandez saved society a bunch of money.

muzzleblast
04-19-2017, 02:14 PM
Cheers to the rope..., er, uh, ...bed sheet!

richiecotite
04-19-2017, 02:27 PM
It's hard to know, but he has had a daughter since in jail. Maybe he realized that no matter whether he beat the wrap or not, his daughter would be constantly caught up in his trail of shit. Hanging himself now and ending it, keeps his daughter from spending her childhood going in and out of courtrooms hearing about what a piece of shit murderer her father is. Sure, she'll STILL have to deal with that reality in the future, but she won't be traumatized by the constant court battles and constant flow of contrary information regarding her father. She's young enough, she'll likely forget most of what has transpired early on and though her father is dead, she won't have to be one of those kids reading the books about, "My daddy is in jail and never getting out." "

Highly doubt that. ESPN (or one of the other sports mags) did a pretty in depth piece about him and the mess he made. Apparently he's always been a selfish psychopath

blues
04-19-2017, 02:32 PM
Every NHL hockey player I've met has been a gentleman and most seem to be very down to earth people. I've had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Shane Doan several times. I went to my sons driving school parents night and his daughter was in the same class. I think I was the only one (with the exception of staff) who knew who he was.

I've met Tyson Nash, who had to be one of the chippiest players around, and he was funnier than crap and a great guy to talk to.

Hernandez saved society a bunch of money.

I've met several as well. One of my old partners worked for the league at night as a part time job. When we'd go to the Panthers games we'd go down and meet players from both teams. The '96 run in FL was a complete blast but for losing to the Avalanche that year in the finals.

My wife had a similar experience to yours. She was on the elevator with one of our sisters-in-law at the Lowe's Hotel in Miami Beach. Jim Kelly, the former QB of the Bills was on the elevator with them. As they're getting off the elevator my wife turns to him and says, "she doesn't know who you are but I do." He got such a kick out of it as he didn't expect either of these women to have a clue as to his identity.

Stephanie B
04-19-2017, 04:48 PM
It looks like HERNANDEZ'S MURDER CONVICTION LIKELY TO BE TOSSED.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_AARON_HERNANDEZ_LEGAL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-04-19-14-05-31

Let this serve as an example to everyone incarcerated who wants to clear their name and win their appeal. Kill yourself.

The same thing happened when one of the Enron crooks croaked while his appeal was still in play.

Wondering Beard
04-19-2017, 04:49 PM
Hockey does have a violent reputation it just happens to be with men who accept the nature of the game and happens on ice instead of to the girlfriend in an elevator who is half the size of her boyfriend. :)

In Europe, in the rivalry between rugby and football, there is a saying: football is a game of gentlemen played by hooligans while rugby is a game of hooligans played by gentlemen. I think the latter applies to Hockey as well.

Drang
04-19-2017, 07:05 PM
In Europe, in the rivalry between rugby and football, there is a saying: football is a game of gentlemen played by hooligans while rugby is a game of hooligans played by gentlemen. I think the latter applies to Hockey as well.

Man, don't you hate it when you read the entire thread and someone else posted what you were going to...?:p

BobLoblaw
04-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Cheers to the rope..., er, uh, ...bed sheet!

Luckily that bed sheet had more integrity than he did.

45dotACP
04-20-2017, 02:12 PM
So long shithead!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TGS
04-20-2017, 02:49 PM

I live in an apartment complex used by a few teams 1) during their training season, or 2) playing nearby at the same stadiums, and I agree.

This place is one big kettle of probable cause. If I had realized that beforehand and was okay with the way they live their lives and behave themselves, I would have saved $2000/month and lived in some shithole like Paterson or Newark where I'd at least expect to be around pieces of fucking shit like them.

Lon
04-20-2017, 03:08 PM

TDA
04-20-2017, 03:33 PM
It just keeps getting more odd.

I'll admit to thinking zombies were fighting over it before learning it was a legal battle.

Camovan
04-20-2017, 08:18 PM

Too soon?

Malamute
04-20-2017, 10:44 PM
It just keeps getting more odd.

I'll admit to thinking zombies were fighting over it before learning it was a legal battle.

Well, hopefully nobody re-uses it. We all know what happened what the Doc Goldstein (or something like that) used the wrong brain in his experiment.

RevolverRob
04-20-2017, 11:42 PM
They have officially ruled his death a suicide. His brain has been released to Boston University for investigation for that concussion thing they are always going on about. Supposedly, they found three notes inside of his bible in his cell. And he jammed cardboard into the tracks of the door to keep it from being pulled open.

ETA: Apparently, he wrote John 3:16 on his forehead and soaped the floor of the cell up, so if he lost his nerve he couldn't get out of hanging himself. Also, some folks are reporting he gave his stuff away to inmates over the last week.

I think ole' Hernandez did us and his family a genuine solid here. In death he relieved his family of future pain and the taxpayers a future burden. Best thing he ever did.

Joe in PNG
04-20-2017, 11:56 PM
Well, hopefully nobody re-uses it. We all know what happened what the Doc Goldstein (or something like that) used the wrong brain in his experiment.

That's Doctor Fr-AHn-ken-stEEn

Malamute
04-21-2017, 12:01 AM
That's Doctor Fr-AHn-ken-stEEn

Yes, that's the guy.

There was a documentary film about all that I think. A real mess.

Nephrology
04-21-2017, 07:35 AM
Looks like the Pats aren't going to be renewing their sponsorship with Sleepy's...

Stephanie B
04-21-2017, 07:54 AM

Too soon?

I am so stealing that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hufnagel
04-21-2017, 07:58 AM
if only his middle name was Sherman...

HCM
04-26-2017, 07:00 PM
https://wearemitu.com/things-that-matter/weve-literally-stopped-being-surprised-by-everything-happening-around-aaron-hernandezs-death/

Hernandez left three suicide notes.

One was to his fiancé, another to his daughter and a third to his prison lover, confirming suspicions that Hernandez was bisexual. During Hernandez’s first murder case, investigators speculated that Hernandez’s attempt to hide his sexuality may have played a part in the motive.

Apparently Hernandez was bi-sexual and had been paying a male lover from high school off to keep quiet. It is believed his sexuality may also be the motive behind the original murder case. It is also alleged Hernandez had a prison lover who he gifted a $50k watch.

hufnagel
04-26-2017, 07:32 PM
that explains the haircut.

TAZ
04-27-2017, 06:07 PM
Apparently Hernandez was bi-sexual and had been paying a male lover from high school off to keep quiet. It is believed his sexuality may also be the motive behind the original murder case. It is also alleged Hernandez had a prison lover who he gifted a $50k watch.

I think we call the watch a sphincter protection payment.

hufnagel
04-27-2017, 06:48 PM
I'm betting he was the catcher, not the pitcher.