PDA

View Full Version : Walter Mitty just tried to sell me Solar Panels in my driveway.

JohnO
04-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Perfect weather today and I was lounging in the sun with my dog. Up the driveway comes a guy wearing a Trinity Solar shirt and a desert camo Boonie hat with sergeant's chevrons pinned on.

The constant stream of malarkey was over the top. He told me how he had been attached to a SF unit then said it was Delta Force but they actually go by Naval Dev Group. A 50 something year old pot bellied Walter Mitty who told me he was about to be re-deployed. I almost felt sorry for the guy. I think I hurt him a little when I shook his hand.

Kyle Reese
04-14-2017, 06:21 PM
I don't feel sorry for these folks, not one iota. Did you thank him for his service?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Mike C
04-14-2017, 07:35 PM
Perfect weather today and I was lounging in the sun with my dog. Up the driveway comes a guy wearing a Trinity Solar shirt and a desert camo Boonie hat with sergeant's chevrons pinned on.

The constant stream of malarkey was over the top. He told me how he had been attached to a SF unit then said it was Delta Force but they actually go by Naval Dev Group. A 50 something year old pot bellied Walter Mitty who told me he was about to be re-deployed. I almost felt sorry for the guy. I think I hurt him a little when I shook his hand.

You didn't hurt him enough. Fuck those guys.

Lester Polfus
04-14-2017, 07:39 PM
I used to be polite to those guys, but after ten years of working with real veterans who have been blown up; shot; burned; have fucked up backs, knees and every joint imaginable; wake up with nightmares and roll around in wheelchairs, I now get right up in their grill. I have called two men a "bitch" right to their face and one of them was one of these guys.

None of them have ever had the balls to hit me though.

11B10
04-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Check out Don Shipley's "Phony Seal of the Week" on YouTube.

Joe in PNG
04-15-2017, 04:45 PM
Ran into one at a lunch at my Church a few years ago. He started out talking about how he was blowed up real good in Iraq, and by the end of the dinner, he was getting ready to go and rescue some kidnapped schoolkids in Central America. He had a Class III permit after all.

Kyle Reese
04-15-2017, 06:52 PM
Ran into one at a lunch at my Church a few years ago. He started out talking about how he was blowed up real good in Iraq, and by the end of the dinner, he was getting ready to go and rescue some kidnapped schoolkids in Central America. He had a Class III permit after all.

Lomshek
04-15-2017, 10:41 PM

My personal favorite.
http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/photo-2.jpg

Peally
04-15-2017, 11:38 PM
He came up your driveway? If my dog didn't scare him away first he'd be getting a "turn around"