PDA

View Full Version : Week 210: 10-20-30

Mr_White
03-30-2017, 08:27 PM
Week 210: 10-20-30

Results may be posted until May 1st, 2017.

Designed by: Gabe White, inspired by nwhpfan
Range: 20 yards
Target: USPSA Metric or IDPA
Start Position: Facing downrange, hands hanging naturally
Rounds Fired: 30 or more

This will be a simple drill to practice drawing and firing multiple accurate rounds at a reasonably hard target.

Set up your target at 20 yards. First determine your par time by reacting to the start signal and drawing and firing three shots to the lower A/-0 zone. If you don't get all three in the lower A/-0 zone, repeat until you do. Round your time down to the nearest half second under your actual time, and use that as your par time. Examples: If you got all three hits in 4.94 seconds, then your par will be 4.5 seconds. If you got all three hits in 3.1 seconds, then your par will be 3.0 seconds.

Repeat nine times, for a total of ten attempts/30 total scoredshots (including the initial repetition at the beginning where you shot three A/-0 hits to establish your par time.) Your score is the number of A/-0 zone hits obtained under the par time. You have three points for free, in effect, from establishing your par time at the beginning, and 27 more potential points, for a total possible score of 30.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Equipment used: gun, holster, concealment (optional)
Par time
Total number of A/-0 zone hits under the par time
Observations: anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.

DG12
04-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Equipment used: P30 V2, AIWB Kydex, T Shirt
Par time: 4.37 Rounded to 4.00
Total number of A/-0 zone hits under the par time: 15 (if hits on the line count)
Observations: Awesome drill. I think I lucked out early getting three hits in 4.37 resulting in a 4.00 second part time (shot cold sort of, I missed one on the first try). That's better than I can do ten times as evidenced by my score. I shot all strings under the part time, but felt like I was flying. This tells me I need to practice simply shooting faster more often. I wish I would have scored higher, but on the up side, this is the first time in a long time that while shooting I knew when I had a bad trigger press almost every time. As soon as I was done I thought to myself, "I probably missed half of them" and sure enough that was pretty close. I felt like about half the trigger presses were bad. Thanks Gabe and nwhpfan, I really liked this one.

Crappy target I know! It was blowing down the range when I got there...

That Guy
04-09-2017, 12:32 PM
I shot this drill with my Beretta PX4 full size 9mm, JMCK IWB holster, using an unzipped sweater as a concealment garment.
My par time was 5.5s
Total number of hits under par time: 23
Observations: I tended to shoot much faster than my glacially slow par time would have allowed.

MVS
04-11-2017, 09:20 PM
G17 MOS w/DPP, Raven Eidolon AIWB, Pullover concealment
Par time was 3.5 rounded down from 3.98
25 A zone hits.

This is a really good set up for me and the dot gun. All of my misses were just right into the C zone (Lefty)

scw2
05-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Shot this on 4/23 with a G19, from a JMCK aiwb with a polo for concealment.

Part time was 8.00, with the black of B8 target at the A zone.

Managed 18 total hits, out of a possible 30.

Observations:
Super slow time, even with a tighter target.
Tended to hit high right, which I've seen on other drills such as Sweet 16, and consistency really falls apart around 16 o 17 yards, so shooting at 20 yards was a bit more fo the same. Generally I seem to really struggle at distance with my gun. Not sure if switching to different ammo will help a bit, but I think it's mostly me + the sights + gun. I seem to need to aim a few inches low to get hits at 15-20 yards (pumpkin on fencepost type sight picture.

16177a

Mr_White
05-02-2017, 11:29 AM
I shot this on 4/30 before class, but I'm posting late, so Tom please feel free to not count this post for Giveaway entries.

Gen3 G34, concealed in a Keeper under a polo shirt
Par set to 3 seconds
21 points
Lots of close Cs!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4191/34250144672_88b1707195_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/UbyWKJ)20170430_070123 (https://flic.kr/p/UbyWKJ) by OrigamiAK (https://www.flickr.com/photos/52790396@N08/), on Flickr