PDA

View Full Version : Selecting competition pistol

Thor
03-21-2017, 05:24 AM
Currently I am in the market for a competition pistol.

I have been using my HK VP9 which is a great gun but want to get a pistol dedicated to competition.

I will be shooting local IDPA and 3 gun matches with it. I prefer to keep the caliber 9mm, I am not interested in .40.

After reading through bunches of rule books, it looks like I can use either of the models I am looking at: Glock 34 or an STI DVC Limited.

I realize these are hugely on opposite ends of the price scale. If I go with the G34, I am looking at going with Taran Tactical to get all the modifications up front rather than start with a base and part it together. I could also get a standard 34 and add arts that I would like to change, Glock upgrades with the exception of milling slides and cutting barrels are not out of my realm of ability.

For the STI, I like the idea of getting a gun that I can easily grow into and don't have to go through several guns to get a highly competitive pistol.

Any suggestions for those of you who may have gone down this path already? I appreciate any helpful guidance and input.

NerdAlert
03-21-2017, 06:21 AM
CZ shadows are very popular for competition as well. A little cheaper than the STI and arguably easier to shoot well than a glock. It's personal preference really and dedication to learning will take you further than your pistol choice any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke
03-21-2017, 06:35 AM
Which type of event do you want to be competitive in? That is very important

JHC
03-21-2017, 06:48 AM
I would definitely have a CZ on my list.

dsb
03-21-2017, 07:34 AM
Just went through this... read the rule book and thought a 4" commander in 9mm would be a fun gun for CCP. A week after I bought the gun IDPA came out with the rule rule book (2017 v2), and now the commander is too tall for CCP, so now I have to shoot it in ESP. I definitely wouldn't have chosen a commander to shoot ESP, but there you have it. I'd suggest you buy what you want, as long as there's a division to shoot it in, and consider what else you would do with it. I won't be having any dedicated IDPA guns in the near future, once bitten and all that.

busdriver
03-21-2017, 07:38 AM
First, what Luke said. Do you ever plan to shoot USPSA?

Second, DON'T buy all that Glock crap. Sights $80, magwell $80, light weight competition springs for trigger $10. No matter what you bolt on to it, it will still be a Glock.
The least expensive TTI package plus a new G34 would put you around $1200, for that you can get a CZ or a Tanfo and do your own trigger job and have a much nicer gun.

GuanoLoco
03-21-2017, 07:46 AM
What about USPSA? Pick your sports, then hardware division, then gun. Not all divisions are created equal.

1986s4
03-21-2017, 08:03 AM
If you are shooting IDPA then your VP9 is a great choice. There are several types of 3 gun competition out there, some clubs have their own rules/brand. Read their rules and choose accordingly. Some might be capacity limited, 10 rounds, etc.
It has been my observation that many serious 3 gunners gravitate towards a 1911 of some sort. If there are sponsored shooters where you are look at what they use, the shooters who can choose what they shoot, not the ones required to use what the sponsors make...

JHC
03-21-2017, 08:12 AM
First, what Luke said. Do you ever plan to shoot USPSA?

Second, DON'T buy all that Glock crap. Sights $80, magwell $80, light weight competition springs for trigger $10. No matter what you bolt on to it, it will still be a Glock.
The least expensive TTI package plus a new G34 would put you around $1200, for that you can get a CZ or a Tanfo and do your own trigger job and have a much nicer gun.

I'm jonesin' for a CZ Shadow Tac II which is a custom option they list for around $1300. But not for any particular sport. Just for a great shooting all steel gun. Never seen one though.

nwhpfan
03-21-2017, 08:15 AM
It doesn't take much to make a Glock good to go IMO. Light striker spring and heavy trigger return spring. I do go wtih the ejector blocks with the overtravel stop. So for $30 you'll have a super nice trigger and that's all I run. Add in sights first and you are done.

Thor
03-21-2017, 11:15 AM
I would definitely have a CZ on my list.

great choice but nah....

taadski
03-21-2017, 11:39 AM
There are a number of fellows that shoot the VP9 at quite a high level in the shooting sports. That pistol is not going to become your limiting factor. So unless you're just using this purchase as the opportunity to try something new, I'd recommend dipping your toes in the water with the pistol you already own. It'll make a great SSP or Production pistol. And it'll give you a good baseline with which to compare past/current/future performance.

Thor
03-21-2017, 11:41 AM
If you are shooting IDPA then your VP9 is a great choice. There are several types of 3 gun competition out there, some clubs have their own rules/brand. Read their rules and choose accordingly. Some might be capacity limited, 10 rounds, etc.
It has been my observation that many serious 3 gunners gravitate towards a 1911 of some sort. If there are sponsored shooters where you are look at what they use, the shooters who can choose what they shoot, not the ones required to use what the sponsors make...

i have heard all good thing about the reliability of the VP9

Sal Picante
03-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Dude, just buy the G34, some mags and you're good to go in 3-gun, IDPA, USPSA, etc...
They're glocks. They good. You should have one.

As to the people who were saying "don't bolt all that stuff on", yeah, they're pretty much right. Buy more ammo and range time after you change the sights.
I don't regret largely learning how to be competitive with a Glock, and I'm the biggest Beretta fan boy out there... (I still have a G17. I changed the sights...)

cheby
03-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Dude, just buy the G34, some mags and you're good to go in 3-gun, IDPA, USPSA, etc...

As to the people who were saying "don't bolt all that stuff on", yeah, they're pretty much right. Buy more ammo and range time after you change the sights.
I don't regret largely learning how to be competitive with a Glock, and I'm the biggest Beretta fan boy out there... (I still have a G17. I changed the sights...)

This.

BJJ
03-21-2017, 01:42 PM

Les is a USPSA GM. You should probably listen to him.

orionz06
03-21-2017, 01:58 PM
I'm jonesin' for a CZ Shadow Tac II which is a custom option they list for around $1300. But not for any particular sport. Just for a great shooting all steel gun. Never seen one though.

I've been wanting a cool ass blaster for some time and snagged those Shadow 2's (https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-factory/cz-shadow-2-black-polycoat.html), worth looking into. They satisfy the whole I want a gun that has some intangible BS that makes me happy and can serve as a confidence booster when I have a bad day with Glocks because no matter how utilitarian people lead off I think everyone should have something that's just flat out cool.

This falls in line with what I feel should be a standard suggestion for any new shooter: Buy a G19 (or 17) and use the hell outta it until you find something it doesn't do for you. At that point you'll know enough to swap the right parts or if you're at the point where a different gun is in order. Pro tip: Usually the G19/17 will still do the trick with a simple mod.

Not that my opinion carries any weight relative to Les.

Gio
03-21-2017, 03:15 PM

This. It's more important that you train and stick with what you pick than what you actually pick. You can take a G34 as far as you want to go in the shooting sports. It's the Indian, not the arrow, as long as the arrow is reliable and shootable.

DAB
03-21-2017, 03:28 PM
matches what i've heard other, better shooters advise newer shooters. pick a gun, even the gun you carry presently, and spend time and money on ammo and range time. i've dabbled with 1911 types, striker fired types, DA/SA types, and i've found that i shoot them all about equally well. well, there's a hint: it's my limitations, not the gun. i compete with a 92, carry a Px4. same operating systems, just different sizes.

RJ
03-21-2017, 03:35 PM
i have heard all good thing about the reliability of the VP9

3,000 though mine, 0 issues.

I'm a noob, and have yet to take a training class For Reals. I am pretty sure the limiting factor in my starting to get off the dime of being a U USPSA shooter is not going to be my VP9.

I think this Pepperoni guy is right, too. :cool:

Zincwarrior
03-21-2017, 03:38 PM

Is an STI DVC legal in IDPA?

Sal Picante
03-21-2017, 03:41 PM
I think this Pepperoni guy is right, too. :cool:

Broken clock is right twice a day, bro!

DAB
03-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Is an STI DVC legal in IDPA?

don't know that gun, but worse case, you'll likely be in either ESP or NFC (not for competition). NFC is a catchall so peeps can shoot, assuming the gun is otherwise safe, as is the shooter, with whatever they have. talk to your local match director (MD) ahead of time. you can also check the online rulebook to see if it conforms.

Sal Picante
03-21-2017, 03:46 PM

You're correct: 2011's a the heat in 3-gun, Hayes Custom (great dudes in Austin, TX! Some REALLY nice guns!) is a big name, but those are $5,000+ guns.

If you're starting out, DON'T look at what sponsored shooters are shooting. They've got a different motive than a guy just starting out. You can get REALLY competitive just shooting a Glock in any venue if you focus on the craft vs the gear...

DAB
03-21-2017, 04:04 PM
it struck me that if you want to know what is a good gun type to compete with, don't focus on sponsored shooters. they get paid to run their guns. I don't. so i pick something that works for me and my abilities and preferences. I'm sure Mr. Vogel is a really nice man, but he's also made an agreement to shoot a certain type of pistol. the only money i have on the line is MY money, so I get to choose what I shoot. not Gun, Inc.

Leroy
03-21-2017, 04:25 PM
it struck me that if you want to know what is a good gun type to compete with, don't focus on sponsored shooters. they get paid to run their guns. I don't. so i pick something that works for me and my abilities and preferences. I'm sure Mr. Vogel is a really nice man, but he's also made an agreement to shoot a certain type of pistol. the only money i have on the line is MY money, so I get to choose what I shoot. not Gun, Inc.

There are very few shooters who get free guns, most "sponsored" shooters get small discounts, and the majority of people wearing jerseys are not sponsored. Vogel might be getting Taran Tactical stuff now but won Nationals and Worlds while not being sponsored buy a gun manufacturer/custom shop.

Since the OP hasn't chose divisions that really means he doesn't know exactly what he wants to do. I would recommend shooting the VP9 until you know what division you want to shoot. If you have to buy something get a G17 or G34 cause you should own one anyway. I do think that dropping below a 4.5" barrel starts to create hardware disadvantages that at the higher levels of competition you will not be able to overcome, but that is years away. VP9 will work for now.

DAB
03-21-2017, 04:28 PM
well, he ran a picture of his jersey (with sponsors visible) and his rig and pistol right after he won.

i don't know his agreement with his sponsors, what they provide him, what they expect of him, but if you want to get an idea of what a common man/woman shoots, don't look at those with fancy vests and shirts full of logos.

okie john
03-21-2017, 05:00 PM

I have been using my HK VP9 which is a great gun but want to get a pistol dedicated to competition.

I will be shooting local IDPA and 3 gun matches with it. I prefer to keep the caliber 9mm, I am not interested in .40.

After reading through bunches of rule books, it looks like I can use either of the models I am looking at: Glock 34 or an STI DVC Limited.

I realize these are hugely on opposite ends of the price scale. If I go with the G34, I am looking at going with Taran Tactical to get all the modifications up front rather than start with a base and part it together. I could also get a standard 34 and add arts that I would like to change, Glock upgrades with the exception of milling slides and cutting barrels are not out of my realm of ability.

For the STI, I like the idea of getting a gun that I can easily grow into and don't have to go through several guns to get a highly competitive pistol.

Any suggestions for those of you who may have gone down this path already? I appreciate any helpful guidance and input.

Based on having shot IDPA for a couple of years, I'd say stick with your VP9 and put your gun budget into ammo and training. 90% of the shit people bolt onto Glocks has the end goal of making it what the VP9 is out of the box.

Can't comment on USPSA or STI guns.

Okie John

GuanoLoco
03-21-2017, 09:08 PM
Anyone halfway good is going to kick you ass with a crappy gun.

#ItsNotTheGunStupid (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=ItsNotTheGunStupid)

That said, if a particular gun motivates you to dry fire/live fire/train more, have at it.

1986s4
03-22-2017, 07:29 AM
I can recall reading Brian Enos's book on competitive shooting. He mentions the old adage: It's not the bow, it's the Indian. But then follows it up with "but who wants a crappy bow?" Which is one reason to query the top shooters; there's a reason they use what they use, sometimes it's helpful to know why. But while you gather intelligence use that VP9, by all accounts it's a good pistol.

orionz06
03-22-2017, 07:41 AM
I can recall reading Brian Enos's book on competitive shooting. He mentions the old adage: It's not the bow, it's the Indian. But then follows it up with "but who wants a crappy bow?" Which is one reason to query the top shooters; there's a reason they use what they use, sometimes it's helpful to know why. But while you gather intelligence use that VP9, by all accounts it's a good pistol.

This is something that matters as well though choice of games mentioned in the OP do provide guidance that might make the Glock a solid choice. Works for lots of really killer shooters.

Almost all the time you hear some dude online rambling about it's the shooter/guitarist/driver/rider/photographer not the gun/gear/car/bike/camera and lens and then you go on to see they have a $5000 pair of STI's, Gibson and Mesa, 911, $30k Panigale, or $20k in glass. Tools matter. The same people parroting "indian not the arrow" won't shoot a match with a Sigma will they? PT1911 instead of an STI? Hell, if we're talking M&P 1.0 in 9mm the gun might not even be capable of an A-zone hit. Sure as shit the gear matters. How much is the trick. Fortunately things balance out to where the G17/34 or VP9 will be just fine.

TCB
03-22-2017, 08:49 AM
If you want to stay with 9 you're best bet is Production in USPSA. The VP would be fine. I used a VP40 for Limited division for a while but that really is a 2011 or fancied up Glock game. Single Stack is fun and you get to make fun of people in the other divisions when you beat them with a 1911. For USPSA unless you're in Production or Carry Optics you really want to be shooting .40 so you can make Major, for 3 Gun 9 seems to be the way... The Glock family seems to be the best bet if you want to jump around to different games while not having to jump to different platforms, or the 1911/2011 if $ isn't an object.

Peally
03-22-2017, 08:55 AM
If you want to shoot production just save your money and git gud with the VP9 first. I can guarantee it's not your limiting factor unless you are somewhere in GM class looking for tiny improvements.

If you absolutely need a new production pistol get a Glock, CZ, Tanfo, etc if you desire what's most popular (for good reason, they work).

If you want to shoot limited go shoot some STIs and whatnot and buy one of those.

But most of all, if you have to ask the "which gun?" question you need to shoot more and shop around less. Experience will tell you exactly what you need.

MGW
03-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Most of the factory HK shooters have been shooting VP9's. I think that's a pretty good indication that they will work just fine for whatever you want to do with them.

YVK
03-22-2017, 09:26 PM
I do go wtih the ejector blocks with the overtravel stop.

What are those?

Talionis
03-22-2017, 10:01 PM
If you want to get a new gun, by all means do so. I like getting new guns myself, and do so from time to time. However, if you're looking to be more competitive by going from a VP9 to either the Glock or the STI, you are barking up the wrong tree. Pick one (my preference for the VP9 is probably fairly clear) and get good with it. Your VP9 is perfectly competitive for your intended purposes, but if you feel more inspired by the other options, by all means go there. Do understand that if you want to be good, you would probably be best served by committing to one pistol for a while, whichever you choose.

nwhpfan
03-22-2017, 10:49 PM
What are those?

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Zev-Technologies-EJECTOR-HOUSING-W-OVERTRAVEL-STOP-P2509.aspx

Nephrology
03-30-2017, 11:58 AM
If you want to get a new gun, by all means do so. I like getting new guns myself, and do so from time to time. However, if you're looking to be more competitive by going from a VP9 to either the Glock or the STI, you are barking up the wrong tree. Pick one (my preference for the VP9 is probably fairly clear) and get good with it. Your VP9 is perfectly competitive for your intended purposes, but if you feel more inspired by the other options, by all means go there. Do understand that if you want to be good, you would probably be best served by committing to one pistol for a while, whichever you choose.

I think the biggest motivation to get the Glock would be if the OP decides he really likes USPSA and wants to make the move into limited. The Glock 35 will give you a lot more aftermarket options for mag extensions, magwells, etc, and then a Glock 34 could be bought to use the same holsters/support gear and stay competitive in production too.

Otherwise I agree I don't think buying a new FS 9mm will yield any substantial improvements until you're ready to break into A class.

pastaslinger
04-07-2017, 03:46 PM
If you want to shoot production just save your money and git gud with the VP9 first. I can guarantee it's not your limiting factor unless you are somewhere in GM class looking for tiny improvements.

If you absolutely need a new production pistol get a Glock, CZ, Tanfo, etc if you desire what's most popular (for good reason, they work).

If you want to shoot limited go shoot some STIs and whatnot and buy one of those.

But most of all, if you have to ask the "which gun?" question you need to shoot more and shop around less. Experience will tell you exactly what you need.

Just because you can use a VP9 to win doesn't mean it is the best option. How many GM's shoot HK's? On the other hand, how many shoot Glocks and CZ/Tanfos? The dumbest things I see about the VP9 are the paddle release and the size being somewhat compact somewhat fullsize versus a G34 which gives you a good bit more sight radius.

I think the biggest motivation to get the Glock would be if the OP decides he really likes USPSA and wants to make the move into limited. The Glock 35 will give you a lot more aftermarket options for mag extensions, magwells, etc, and then a Glock 34 could be bought to use the same holsters/support gear and stay competitive in production too.

Otherwise I agree I don't think buying a new FS 9mm will yield any substantial improvements until you're ready to break into A class.

I think limited is much more amenable to guns other than the 40 Glocks. If I was to do it from the OP's perspective and had any interest in ever running an optic I would get a G34/17 MOS or a Sig RX/X5 then use them in both production and CO.

If you want to stay with 9 you're best bet is Production in USPSA. The VP would be fine. I used a VP40 for Limited division for a while but that really is a 2011 or fancied up Glock game. Single Stack is fun and you get to make fun of people in the other divisions when you beat them with a 1911. For USPSA unless you're in Production or Carry Optics you really want to be shooting .40 so you can make Major, for 3 Gun 9 seems to be the way... The Glock family seems to be the best bet if you want to jump around to different games while not having to jump to different platforms, or the 1911/2011 if $ isn't an object.

I would add that 45 is competitive in single stack/classic as well

Peally
04-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Pro tip: they can win with anything you put in their hands be it HK, Tanfo, CZ, Glock. It literally does not matter. DA metal guns is not a classic tradition, it is a rather recent thing you can thank people like Stoeger for.

Unless you're already a high end GM (in which case you wouldn't be asking questions) the gun you use has maybe a 1% effect on your skill when you compare it to how often and how quality your training is.

It's your money and you can buy whatever makes you feel great inside, and that's fine, but if I were in your shoes I'd think it'd be a big waste of money.

ranger
04-07-2017, 04:04 PM
I think the Glock 34 with replacement sights, kydex OWB holster and mag pouches, and many case of 9mm ammo is the ticket for an entry competition shooter. You can get your feet wet and compete in USPSA, IDPA, 3 Gun, Steel, etc.

GuanoLoco
04-07-2017, 04:17 PM
I think the Glock 34 with replacement sights, kydex OWB holster and mag pouches, and many case of 9mm ammo is the ticket for an entry competition shooter. You can get your feet wet and compete in USPSA, IDPA, 3 Gun, Steel, etc.

Add a dry fire / competition book or 3, and preferably some training and I would agree. You could get by with less hardware.

pastaslinger
04-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Pro tip: they can win with anything you put in their hands be it HK, Tanfo, CZ, Glock. It literally does not matter. DA metal guns is not a classic tradition, it is a rather recent thing you can thank people like Stoeger for.

Unless you're already a high end GM (in which case you wouldn't be asking questions) the gun you use has maybe a 1% effect on your skill when you compare it to how often and how quality your training is.

It's your money and you can buy whatever makes you feel great inside, and that's fine, but if I were in your shoes I'd think it'd be a big waste of money.

I guarantee that an M shooting a Glock will not be an M shooting a Hipoint
Likewise, a GM shooting a Hipoint won't be a GM

Some guns are legitimately better than others. In some cases, yes, the differences are more preferential and the changes are more lateral than pure upgrades, this can include ergonomic differences. On the other hand there are performance differences eg the accuracy from 1st gen M&Ps and things like heel mag releases...

Also, DA metal guns have been on the scene for a while now, and especially not just in the US.

JustOneGun
04-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Do you carry a gun for defense? If so, just having One Gun will allow for efficient training and stay away from possible screw ups stemming from different platforms. If it's a HK then I would say you are already down that road a bit, why not stick with that?

Peally
04-07-2017, 05:53 PM
I guarantee that an M shooting a Glock will not be an M shooting a Hipoint
Likewise, a GM shooting a Hipoint won't be a GM

Some guns are legitimately better than others. In some cases, yes, the differences are more preferential and the changes are more lateral than pure upgrades, this can include ergonomic differences. On the other hand there are performance differences eg the accuracy from 1st gen M&Ps and things like heel mag releases...

Also, DA metal guns have been on the scene for a while now, and especially not just in the US.

Replace HiPoint with a non-joke brand. If you believe Vogel can't wipe the floor with everyone here with a Glock as much as a random ass Walther...

He actually put time into getting good. The Glocks he used were completely irrelevant.

It's your money. All I'm saying is I'd be kicking myself for ever bubbling up the logic of bothering to buy a "competition" specific gun. But I also couldn't care less about shooting open or limited division where that's actually required to compete at a respectable level.

pastaslinger
04-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Replace HiPoint with a non-joke brand. If you believe Vogel can't wipe the floor with everyone here with a Glock as much as a random ass Walther...

He actually put time into getting good. The Glocks he used were completely irrelevant.

It's your money. All I'm saying is I'd be kicking myself for ever bubbling up the logic of bothering to buy a "competition" specific gun. But I also couldn't care less about shooting open or limited division where that's actually required to compete at a respectable level.

The Walther fits in (mostly) with lateral move on my list (I still consider it inferior to the Glock for a few reasons though)

Smith and Wesson is a non joke brand and they have been uncompetitive. Same for Springfield XD's minus in the hands of a single person.

There is also something to be said about buying a competition gun that is purely for competition- they tend to be fun to shoot. You are way more likely to have fun shooting your comp gun at a match than to need your carry gun so I think there is an argument to be made as to value in terms of usage. I am saying this and I am not even a fan of USPSA guns that lack "real world" utility, however I do understand fun.

Peally
04-07-2017, 06:27 PM
If it motivates you to train on it I'm all for it ;)

Salamander
08-26-2018, 12:04 AM
Almost all the time you hear some dude online rambling about it's the shooter/guitarist/driver/rider/photographer not the gun/gear/car/bike/camera and lens and then you go on to see they have a $5000 pair of STI's, Gibson and Mesa, 911, $30k Panigale, or $20k in glass. Tools matter.

I'll run with that photography metaphor, since I was a pro photographer in high school and college. You know those pistols so worn there's no finish left? I owned cameras like that. Here's how I'd sum it up: Quality gear matters because when you're shooting 60,000 frames a year, crappy gear will break. That's why top pro cameras are so expensive, they're strong and better sealed against the elements. The fancy features are largely irrelevant. The other thing that matters is the lens, because you can soften a sharp image, but can do only so much to improve a not-sharp one.

I'll let someone else figure out exactly how that translates to guns, but pretty sure most everyone here understands about the reliability thing. Beyond that, good tools maybe make the job a little easier for someone who already knows how to use them.

rob_s
08-26-2018, 06:46 AM

What’s your current IDPA qualification? Where are you typically finding yourself in. The overall division rankings at your local match?

Bucky
08-26-2018, 07:52 AM
I've been wanting a cool ass blaster for some time and snagged those Shadow 2's (https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-factory/cz-shadow-2-black-polycoat.html), worth looking into. They satisfy the whole I want a gun that has some intangible BS that makes me happy and can serve as a confidence booster when I have a bad day with Glocks because no matter how utilitarian people lead off I think everyone should have something that's just flat out cool.

I love my Shadow 2, but I don’t think it’s legal in IDPA, which is one of the sports mentioned by the OP.

rob_s
08-26-2018, 08:18 AM
What’s your current IDPA qualification? Where are you typically finding yourself in. The overall division rankings at your local match?

This should have said “classification” but i posted before coffee and now I’ve missed the edit window.

Duelist
08-26-2018, 08:28 AM

Necro thread, dude. Thor hasn’t been here since 3/2017.

Sal Picante
08-27-2018, 08:18 AM

I was baffled - I got likes on my advice to "just buy the Glock" - I was scratching my head, thinking, "wasn't that thread from 2 years ago?".
It is still good advice, tho...

Buy the Glock. Get out there. Learn. Do your best.

Duelist
08-27-2018, 08:34 AM
I was baffled - I got likes on my advice to "just buy the Glock" - I was scratching my head, thinking, "wasn't that thread from 2 years ago?".

I’ve been debating buying a (full-size, as opposed my my G26) Glock, and I probably will - but for now, I’m going to buy ammo, and shoot my Beretta.

rob_s
08-27-2018, 09:05 AM

Whoops. Looks like Salamander bumped it for some reason to talk about cameras and I missed that it was old.

Same thing for me, both in terms of "buy the Glock" but also in terms of my question for anyone considering changing guns for competition, which is "what is your current classification?" and "where are you currently placing in your overall division standings?"