PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of the Glock trigger "bump"?

flux
03-13-2017, 09:19 AM
Is there any setup that eliminates this bump in the trigger. It doesn't affect my ability to shoot the gun, but compared to the SIG P320 trigger, this bump is more pronounced. Have tried the - connector already.

spinmove_
03-13-2017, 09:31 AM
Could you be more precise in what you're referring to as the "bump"?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

octagon
03-13-2017, 10:55 AM
I'm curious what bump the OP means exactly as well. If it is the center trigger safety lever in the middle of the trigger face then the options I have used or could work are shaving the center plastic safety lever to match the contour of the trigger face. Stock they are flat and stick out a little which some people find more uncomfortable. By contouring it to match the triger face contours this goes away. However you must be cautious not to remove too much material as it can affect the functioning of that safety. It only takes a very small amount and it sets flush with the rest of the trigger. Along the same lines I prefer the smooth face stock Glock triggers to the grooved trigger face.

Another option of the trigger face safety is what the OP is referring to is to try aftermarket flat face or stock contour curved face triggers(shoes or trigger bar but I would prefer trigger bar assembly) Most of these use a smooth trigger face and the safety lever in the center of the trigger matches the contours of the rest of the trigger.

The OP mentions having tried a connector so if they are referring to the take up pressure, to wall to break pressures as a bump then there are other ways of adjusting those.

flux
03-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Sorry, yes I meant the wall after the take up. The P320 is much smoother.

Totem Polar
03-13-2017, 11:10 AM
That wall/bump/staplegunny trigger feel is Gaston's way of telling you that you are loved and he doesn't want you to shoot your dick off. See:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?24752-Striker-design-considerations-and-safety

LOKNLOD
03-13-2017, 11:12 AM
I believe he means the crunch when the trigger breaks. More trigger pull feel than physical bump in the trigger itself.

My method for minimizing the impact of the break/crunch is going to a smooth minus connector and an NY1 spring. It makes the break mushiness and the takeup heavier to make it easier to roll through the break cleanly.

It's not perfect, but I like it better.

jeep45238
03-13-2017, 11:48 AM
The bump/wall happens when you're cocking the striker. 320 doesn't have that, as its striker is fully cocked beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saur
03-13-2017, 12:01 PM
I believe Dave Spaulding has talked about the Ghost Evo connector helping with that

JonInWA
03-13-2017, 12:03 PM
I don't view the Glock bump/wall as described as objectionable-quite the opposite. And I like the way that it's actually more pronounced on my Gen4 G22. I do apply grease (Lucas Red & Tacky #2, or TW 25B) to the connector/triggerbar interface surfaces, but that's about it. 500 rounds of dry- or live-fire pretty much nicely burnishes the surfaces.

If you want less of a bump/wall, perhaps a HK VP is a better selection-or the SIG P320 mentioned...

Best, Jon

Flintsky
03-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Is there any setup that eliminates this bump in the trigger. It doesn't affect my ability to shoot the gun, but compared to the SIG P320 trigger, this bump is more pronounced. Have tried the - connector already.

You could just get a 320 to eliminate your "bump" problem.

flux
03-13-2017, 01:14 PM
You could just get a 320 to eliminate your "bump" problem.

Not a problem. Just asking if there is a way to reduce it.

SLG
03-13-2017, 01:34 PM
The M series has much more roll and much less "bump."

LOKNLOD
03-13-2017, 01:43 PM

Any particular reason to which to attribute that? The new firing pin block safety design perhaps?

45dotACP
03-13-2017, 03:59 PM
Never been that upset by it. Gen 4s have a more rolling break than the gen 3s so I put the Lone Wolf connector in the gen 2/3s. Makes the break more of a roll, but all told, you really just roll through the trigger stroke in one continuous motion and your shooting ought to be fine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jeep45238
03-13-2017, 04:06 PM
Any particular reason to which to attribute that? The new firing pin block safety design perhaps?
I think this has more to do with how the trigger spring is worked. My understanding is the 19M/43/42 all use the first picture, which like the NY1/NY2 springs have the spring at rest when the trigger is forward.

https://looserounds.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/img_8240.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/www.activeresponsetraining.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Glock-trigger-spring-assortment.jpg

With the standard spring, it's under tension and you are releasing the spring - there is a difference in feel from when you are adding/releasing tension from coil springs. Maybe that's the difference all along.

Nephrology
03-13-2017, 04:15 PM

I find you can get this result by putting a 3rd generation trigger into a 4th generation gun, no other modifications required.

GuanoLoco
03-13-2017, 04:42 PM
I believe Dave Spaulding has talked about the Ghost Evo connector helping with that

http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_EVO_ELITE_3_5/EVO-ELITE-35.html

The EVO ELITE fixes the Glock bump or glitch, this is the pre-travel resistance you feel and must overcome when the trigger bar bumps into the connector. This bump causes you to apply excessive force and will move the pistol off target.

I've installed one and it appears to work as advertised.

kitten_frenzy
03-13-2017, 06:29 PM
Ghost Pro 3.3 and Evo connectors.
I have a Pro 3.3. No wall, just pressure then it breaks. Kind of like an NY but 4lb or so.

MGW
03-13-2017, 07:15 PM
In a Gen 4 19 I installed a Taran Tactical connector, Gen 3 Glock 17 trigger bar, reduced power safety plunger spring, and put a light polish on the safety plunger.

This pistol has a really nice roll to the trigger. Nice as far as Glocks go anyway.

I got the idea from Todd's writings about the trigger work on the Glock 19's he had.

kitten_frenzy
03-13-2017, 07:55 PM
In a Gen 4 19 I installed a Taran Tactical connector, Gen 3 Glock 17 trigger bar, reduced power safety plunger spring, and put a light polish on the safety plunger.

This pistol has a really nice roll to the trigger. Nice as far as Glocks go anyway.

I got the idea from Todd's writings about the trigger work on the Glock 19's he had.

I've never fired a Glock with a TT connector but it still has the wall before the rolling break, right?

MGW
03-13-2017, 09:22 PM
A little I guess. I shoot a 1911 a lot and co pared to that it feels like more roll than wall. Honestly during live fire the only thing I notice is the break feels less abrupt compared to a stock minus connector.

Bill
03-14-2017, 09:05 PM
The best results I've had with Glock triggers, while maintaining all the drop safeties, is the overwatch precision trigger bow/bar and the aforementioned Ghost evo elite. The trigger bar reduces just a bit of the pretravel, just before the fpsp is engaged by the trigger bar, and the evo elite does give a smooth press and then a let off with no wall or hump perceived at all. Even pressure and then click. I run the geissele super dynamic 3-gun in my rifle and the trigger feel is very very similiar.

If removing the bump is what you're after, that is the setup I'd recommend. Be mindful that its not a solution for bad trigger control, and the lack of a wall can actually require a bit of a learning curve because you can no longer (as easily) stage the trigger against that wall (i.e. prepping the trigger). Without the spongey takeup however, the trigger sits almost at a wall at the beginning of the travel, so instead of touch, prep, break, one step is removed. The touch is the prep, then the trigger pull itself is almost "all creep" as some people have explained it, and then breaks. I really like. Some people hate it/think its mushy. YMMV.

kitten_frenzy
03-14-2017, 10:54 PM
The best results I've had with Glock triggers, while maintaining all the drop safeties, is the overwatch precision trigger bow/bar and the aforementioned Ghost evo elite. The trigger bar reduces just a bit of the pretravel, just before the fpsp is engaged by the trigger bar, and the evo elite does give a smooth press and then a let off with no wall or hump perceived at all. Even pressure and then click. I run the geissele super dynamic 3-gun in my rifle and the trigger feel is very very similiar.

If removing the bump is what you're after, that is the setup I'd recommend. Be mindful that its not a solution for bad trigger control, and the lack of a wall can actually require a bit of a learning curve because you can no longer (as easily) stage the trigger against that wall (i.e. prepping the trigger). Without the spongey takeup however, the trigger sits almost at a wall at the beginning of the travel, so instead of touch, prep, break, one step is removed. The touch is the prep, then the trigger pull itself is almost "all creep" as some people have explained it, and then breaks. I really like. Some people hate it/think its mushy. YMMV.

Agreed. I run similar setups in two of mine.
G26: Ghost Pro 3.3 and TAC
G43: Ghost Edge Pro and TAC
From what I've read, the Pro 3.3 is a hair lighter than the Evo. The only complaint I have is the reset is longer than I'd like (about 1/8"). The overall travel is around 6.5mm.
http://i.imgur.com/ndatsqR.jpg