PDA

View Full Version : Star of “American Guns” reality TV show convicted on 10 felony counts

HCM
03-12-2017, 03:25 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/10/american-guns-reality-tv-show-richard-wyatt-convicted/

Star of “American Guns” reality TV show convicted on 10 felony counts
Gunsmoke Guns owner Richard Wyatt was accused of conspiracy, fraud and tax evasion to keep the shop open during Discovery Channel show

A federal jury has convicted a Wheat Ridge gun dealer who became a Discovery Channel reality TV star on 10 felony counts related to conspiracy, fraud and tax evasion.

Poconnor
03-12-2017, 07:50 AM
So let me get this straight; he gave up his license to sell guns then does a tv show of him selling guns? I refuse to watch reality shows because they "aren't real" but this fake tv, fake celebrity fake news bullshit needs to shop. No wonder people are confused. They can't tell fiction from reality anymore.

hufnagel
03-12-2017, 09:22 AM
So let me get this straight; he gave up his license to sell guns then does a tv show of him selling guns? I refuse to watch reality shows because they "aren't real" but this fake tv, fake celebrity fake news bullshit needs to shop. No wonder people are confused. They can't tell fiction from reality anymore.

If you read 1984, you'd get that that's a feature and not a bug.

RevolverRob
03-12-2017, 11:51 AM
What a fucking moron. He could have literally sold the store to someone with a valid FFL and done business right there on the property and never had this issue, ever. Some people are born stupid and get smarter, others have no chance.

Hambo
03-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Greed overcomes ethics, morality, common sense, and fear of prison. Happens every day.

modrecoil
03-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Great. Another self-appointed pop-gun-culture "ambassador" crashes and burns. Antis already citing this case to help propel local anti gun shop crusades. "A culture of lawlessness".

22 year LE veteran? Chief of Police? I get greed, compulsion, and narcissism but still having trouble wrapping my brain around this one. Did he actually believe he could get away with it or just decided that basic cable fame is worth the prison time and destruction of his family and business?

Corey
03-12-2017, 01:43 PM
I watched exactly 2 episodes of the show. Based on that I am not at all surprised by this outcome.

SeriousStudent
03-12-2017, 03:17 PM
I watched exactly zero episodes of this show. Based on that I am not at all surprised by this outcome.

(Not mocking Corey at all, I have very great respect for him. Just none for the "star" of that television abomination.)