PDA

View Full Version : New revolvers imported from Central Europe

TicTacticalTimmy
03-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Colt? Awesome.
Kimber? Worth a look.
Czech..point? Alfo Proj? Did CZ's disgruntled workers team up with some out of work luxury car engineers to start making revolvers? 2017 will either be the year of the revolver or the year of the revolver flop

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/czechpoint-3531?l=1

It looks like this brand new firearms company "Czechpoint" will be importing revolvers, in addition to poly pistols and several other guns

The .357 in the link is actually in stock if anyone wants to take a chance

At under $500 for full size wheelguns with adjustable sights these could be a real game changer if the quality is equal to that of every other Czech gun I have owned/shot.

The 3" 9mm looks interesting, let's hope they are compatible with common grips and holsters

mtnbkr
03-08-2017, 05:29 PM
The sideplate seams looked sloppy. Makes me wonder what the insides look like.

Chris

Eastex
03-08-2017, 09:07 PM
I'm always on board with new revolvers. They seem to be zeroed in on that sweet spot 3 inch barrel length too.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

fauxpa46
03-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Not in love with only a two-year warranty. Doesn't necessarily have to be life-time, but at least a 5-year would give me more confidence.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Stephanie B
03-08-2017, 09:40 PM
The sideplate seams looked sloppy. Makes me wonder what the insides look like.

It looks odd. There doesn't seem to be a lot of metal surrounding the bottom of the forcing cone. I have an urge to snark that it looks as though it was built by the people who washed out of S&W's apprentice program, or something. I'm not in love with recessed cylinders on anything other than rimfires. (Yes, I know that heresy in S&W land, Tango Sierra.) On the other hand, the front sight appears to be pinned, which would make changing it out not a bad endeavor. Or sending the blade off for the installation of a tritium capsule.

Dunno. I'd like to see one. And I'd really like to read a review by someone who got to put a couple of thousand rounds through one-- especially if they were light, high-speed magnums.

But $465 for an unknown quantity? When if I'm patient, I might find a serviceable Model 66 for that (ok, not a 3"). And when I just lucked into a Model 65 for $35 more?

Nah.

Willard
03-08-2017, 10:41 PM
But $465 for an unknown quantity? When if I'm patient, I might find a serviceable Model 66 for that (ok, not a 3"). And when I just lucked into a Model 65 for $35 more?

Nah.

Not to mention a very nice pre-mim and pinned barrel S&W model 10 can be had for less money with a little patience. Particularly if one can forego the magnum chambering, which also provides the benefit of easier cylinder clean up on magnum guns shot with .38 special ammo. Non-starter for the informed / patient IMHO.

SeriousStudent
03-08-2017, 11:06 PM
Pray tell, what speedloaders do they use?

Totem Polar
03-08-2017, 11:24 PM
I'm not in love with recessed cylinders on anything other than rimfires.

Nah.

Everyone has an opinion: mine is that recessed cylinder chambers screw up speed loading. At any rate, I applaud almost any entry into the medium frame revolver marketplace; good for them. I'm sure they will give Taurus a run for the money.

Stephanie B
03-09-2017, 07:50 AM
At any rate, I applaud almost any entry into the medium frame revolver marketplace; good for them. I'm sure they will give Taurus a run for the money.
That's a very good point.

Hambo
03-09-2017, 08:19 AM
That looks like a 2" ejector rod in a 3" gun.

jh9
03-09-2017, 08:29 AM
The VZ-58 guys have been importing these for years. Never seen one in person.

fauxpa46
03-09-2017, 08:52 AM
That's a very good point.
Not with a Taurus life-time warranty they won't.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1986s4
03-09-2017, 09:13 AM
The new Colt Cobra has my interest, now if Colt brings out a 3" version...

Rosco Benson
03-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Fugly.

Jim Watson
03-09-2017, 09:34 AM
The darling of the lineup appears to be the 9mm clipgun, on the rare occasion they actually have some to sell.
And a source of a medium size .32 if you swing that way.
Too many sound second hand American revolvers in .38 or .357 to take a flyer on the Czech.

Wendell
03-09-2017, 03:07 PM
You get what you pay for (or less).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIT-i5VSwYk

Stephanie B
03-10-2017, 09:29 AM
So is Czech Point the Hi-Point of revolvers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamara
03-10-2017, 12:02 PM
I'm not sitting through nine minutes of shoddy video to get a precis that could be delivered in a paragraph or two of text.

OlongJohnson
03-10-2017, 12:04 PM
I'm not sitting through nine minutes of shoddy video to get a precis that could be delivered in a paragraph or two of text.

Multiply that by five, and you have why I don't bother with Nutnfancy.

That Guy
03-10-2017, 02:18 PM
What's even worse is that after spending nine minutes of my life watching that video, I'm not too sure I even trust that reviewers knowledge of revolvers enough to take his opinion seriously...

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk

LockedBreech
03-10-2017, 02:26 PM

"Here's 53 minutes on what shade of FDE I like best. Here's a gun on the table. I won't touch it until minute 18. Listen to my opinions on things first."

Tamara
03-12-2017, 12:17 AM

I feel like I should watch at least one Nutnfancy video so I could at least get some of the jokes. :/

HopetonBrown
03-12-2017, 01:37 AM
I feel like I should watch at least one Nutnfancy video so I could at least get some of the jokes. :/
It's not worth it.

Totem Polar
03-12-2017, 03:43 AM

You know those summer nights when you're in that hip food district and you've had 2 too many craft IPAs, and you get home and you're too wrecked to do anything productive? Yeah? Well, do yourself a favor and read "cyanide and happiness" or "the oatmeal" online instead.

LockedBreech
03-12-2017, 05:59 PM
The main C&H dude and his fiancee are friends, I have to tell him he came up on a gun forum conversation, I think he'll get a kick.

You know those summer nights when you're in that hip food district and you've had 2 too many craft IPAs, and you get home and you're too wrecked to do anything productive? Yeah? Well, do yourself a favor and read "cyanide and happiness" or "the oatmeal" online instead.

Totem Polar
03-12-2017, 06:49 PM
^^^we've got a multi-page thread dedicated to C&H in the private section of a watch forum I belong to. That guy cracks me up all the time.

Tom Givens
03-12-2017, 07:45 PM
The pictured .357 revolver appears to be a direct copy of a Charter Arms, right down to serial number placement and shitty crane. No thanks.

Wendell
03-12-2017, 07:50 PM

You could do worse than this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8OK4WdoW0

TheNewbie
03-12-2017, 07:51 PM
The pictured .357 revolver appears to be a direct copy of a Charter Arms, right down to serial number placement and shitty crane. No thanks.

I want charter arms and Taurus to be good companies. I also want a hacienda in Chile with beautiful Latin women to tend to the estate. I don't get what I want.

My biggest beef in the revolver market is that S&W will not make more lockless revolvers. Yes I know the lawyer argument , but surely their sales would increase if you could get one without a lock.

TheNewbie
03-12-2017, 07:54 PM
You could do worse than this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8OK4WdoW0

I would bet he is a nice guy who would go out of his way to help a new shooter. However his videos make me want to drink drano.

ReverendMeat
03-12-2017, 07:58 PM
I want charter arms and Taurus to be good companies. I also want a hacienda in Chile with beautiful Latin women to tend to the estate. I don't get what I want.

My biggest beef in the revolver market is that S&W will not make more lockless revolvers. Yes I know the lawyer argument , but surely their sales would increase if you could get one without a lock.

The lawyer argument is BS anyway. They still do a couple of their models without the lock, and packaging cable locks with their revolvers like they do their autos would satisfy the lawyers just as well. The only argument that makes sense is that, indeed, we suck and S&W hates us.

Stephanie B
03-12-2017, 08:33 PM
I would bet he is a nice guy who would go out of his way to help a new shooter. However his videos make me want to drink drano.

I'm not clicking on a 45-min YouTube video by, well, anyone.

Nephrology
03-12-2017, 09:36 PM

What's even more amazing is he will make that 45 minutes feel like 450, yet deliver deliver less information than the 15 second YouTube ad that preceded it.

Seriously only start watching one of his videos if you're at least 2 beers deep and have little else to do, because you will finish that 6 pack.

Hemiram
03-17-2017, 01:19 AM
I want one of the SAR revolvers, like this one:

Sigfan26
03-17-2017, 01:27 AM
What's even more amazing is he will make that 45 minutes feel like 450, yet deliver deliver less information than the 15 second YouTube ad that preceded it.

Seriously only start watching one of his videos if you're at least 2 beers deep and have little else to do, because you will finish that 6 pack.

Trying to figure out if you are encouraging me to watch, or not watch?...

Nephrology
03-17-2017, 04:52 AM
Trying to figure out if you are encouraging me to watch, or not watch?...

Listen, I don't tell anyone how to live their life. Just don't click play on one of his videos until you've got 2 beers in you and a healthy supply left in the fridge, or it will make you feel like a hangover would be a welcome change of pace.

ca survivor
03-17-2017, 09:59 AM
looks like a mix of Charter Arms and a Rossi and for $465.00 I'll get an S&W for a few $ more.

DAL357
03-17-2017, 01:20 PM

You got that right! Nut could, and should, avail himself of an objective editor. The first thing I look at on YouTube video is the length; almost anything longer than 6-8 minutes is self-indulgent and practically assured to be boring; exceptions to this are rare.