PDA

View Full Version : Gun instructor has a Grebner. And NM & OH share reciprocity.

Shellback
12-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Sorry for the weird thread... I'm in a bit of a hurry and thought both would be of interest.

Apparently nuke security guys are actually switching from, get this, revolvers to semi-autos! http://caledonia.patch.com/articles/gun-instructor-accidentally-shoots-himself-in-the-leg

A man, who was training employees of the Zion Power Plant how to shoot semi-automatic guns, ended shooting himself in the thigh Thursday...

...the security company contracted by the Zion Power Plant to bring 30 employees to the facility to “get trained in what he described as a transition training,” which means they were going from using a revolver to semi-automatic guns.

And I know we have a few New Mexico shooters on the board... http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8120

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and New Mexico Department of Public Safety Cabinet Secretary Gorden E. Eden, Jr. have signed an agreement that permits reciprocity between their states for citizens who have valid concealed carry permits.

ToddG
12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
A detective with the Caledonia Police Department said the incident likely wasn’t the trainer’s fault because the group had been having problems with the new guns and the ammunition they were using at the time, according to a report by the Caledonia Police Department.

Unless it was a hang fire -- and even then, why holster with a busted primer in the chamber? -- I'm not sure how the detective came to that conclusion.

JDM
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Awesome. I actually have a bit of family in OH.

jthhapkido
12-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Unless it was a hang fire -- and even then, why holster with a busted primer in the chamber? -- I'm not sure how the detective came to that conclusion.

Probably because the detective either 1) has as little clue as the trainer, or 2) is covering for the obviously poor firearms training his department is getting.

Or possibly both.

Wes Peart
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM

Sounds like his "detecting" skills need a bit more work.