PDA

View Full Version : Rogue One’ Actor: If You Don’t Put Muslim Actors On TV, Muslims Will Join ISIS

Ed L
03-04-2017, 04:38 PM
I could not write Comedy better than this. You have a Muslim actor, Riz Ahmed, who starred in a comedy about incompetent Islamic terrorists in the UK, titled The Four Lions, who is now warning that Muslims will be drawn to Islamic terrorism if they did not receive more movie roles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew-SrlQ9tlI

Really, I can see some trainiees having a discussion about it in an ISIS training camp:
"So why'd you join?
"Got passed over for a role in Silver Linings Playbook to Bradly Cooper."
"Yeah, I got passed over for for Brad Pitt's role in Fury. Gonna smite those unbelievers."

As well as being an actor, Riz Ahmed is also a rapper who did a music video titled Post 911 Blues. Could his warning that lack of acting roles is driving Muslims to ISIS be any more Ironic? I don't think he was serious, I think it was a bizarre form of performance art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKTsJpfC0IQ

Anyway, here is a link to the news item:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/14062/rogue-one-actor-if-you-dont-put-muslim-actors-tv-ben-shapiro

BehindBlueI's
03-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Attention seeking and getting his name in front of people. Nothing more, nothing less. Women can have wardrobe malfunctions, sex tapes, public feuds, and manufactured controversy. Men must, mostly, rely on the last two.

Casual Friday
03-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Yeah, well, fuck that guy and his stupid face.

Wondering Beard
03-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Instapundit just commented on this: HOLLYWOOD: YOU WILL NEVER FIND A MORE WRETCHED HIVE OF SCUM, VILLAINY AND ISIS RECRUITMENT STATIONS.

GardoneVT
03-04-2017, 05:34 PM
"If we fail to represent, we are in danger of losing people to extremism. In the mind of the ISIS recruit, he’s the next James Bond, right? Have you seen some of those ISIS propaganda videos, they are cut like action movies? Where is the counter narrative? Where are we telling these kids they can be heroes in our stories, that they valued?....People are looking for the message that they belong, that they are part of something, that they are seen and heard and that despite, or perhaps because of, their experience, they are valued. They want to feel represented. In that task we have failed. If we don’t step up and tell a representative story…we are going to start losing British teenagers to the story that the next chapter in their lives is written with ISIS in Syria."

I'm posting his direct quote for context. Frankly I think he's got a point. It's not another SJW waaambulance trip about too many white people in Category X.

How many of us looked up to John Wayne, Joe Friday, etc as positive media role models growing up ? In the black community there's Samuel L Jackson, Denzel Washington and so forth. Where's the Muslim equivalent?

Before we discount the effect of positive role models in the media ,note that bad guys in Isis and American street gangs use the same board recruitment approach- get them in young by selling their group as a noble tribe that will give them purpose. Having a prominent member of the targeted group say that gangs and terrorists suck and working hard doesn't can go a long way on impressionable youth.

voodoo_man
03-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Never cared what celebs had to say.

Ain't gana start now.

Ed L
03-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Actually, I find the whole thing amusing as hell for the reasons I stated in my initial post. If it weren't some guy who had stared in a comedy about incompetent Jihadis it would be less funny.

Franklly, I surprised that the real Jihadis did not declare a Fatwa against him for making fun of Islamic terrorists.

It is not like the entertainment world has ignored Muslims. They even made a movie titled Looking for Comedy In The Muslim World, staring Albert Brooks, who is Jewish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Jq1BxHkPs

Rich@CCC
03-04-2017, 10:39 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That right there looks funny. I don't care who you are.