PDA

View Full Version : Suggested posting format for your Reloading Journal

LittleLebowski
02-28-2017, 08:28 AM
To aid in the collation of statistical and searchable data, not to mention to aid in reading format; it is suggested to use our "Suggested Reloading Journal Post Format Template" as seen below. Simply follow the below screenshots and your template will appear, fill out the fields.

GuanoLoco
02-28-2017, 08:40 AM
To aid in the collation of statistical and searchable data, not to mention to aid in reading format; it is suggested to use the below or a variant of when posting your Reloading Journal entries. You don't always have to define what press you are using but please let us know if you change presses.

To use the suggested format, simply highlight all of the text in the below box, copy, and paste it into your post/thread.

Reloading press used (list modifications if relevant)
Caliber
Bullet (Weight, Coating, Profile, Manufacturer)
Powder manufacturer, type and charge; volume, type (ball, stick, flake), base
Dies used
Primers used
Cartridge Overall Length (COAL)
Chronograph data (if possible)
Goals intended with this load
Results - accuracy, smokiness, clean burning, flash, temperature, smell, brass deformation, etc.
Problems encountered and fixes applied
Anything of interest

[/noparse]

Copy/paste not working on iPad in that code block, but reply with quote works OK if you edit/remove the code and noparse tags.

JAD
02-28-2017, 08:52 AM
I am not code-y enough to understand what I'm talking about, but I wonder if it is possible within the VB platform to have what would effectively be a shared database. I would very much like us to be able to enter data into a sortable table, instead of having a massive discussion thread to page through.

LittleLebowski
02-28-2017, 09:02 AM
Copy/paste not working on iPad in that code block, but reply with quote works OK if you edit/remove the code and noparse tags.

On my iPad, I was just able to copy the block of text from the OP, paste into a new post, click Go Advanced in order to preview, and it worked perfectly.

Hambo
03-06-2017, 07:11 AM
I'll be installing a post/PM template system that will allow there to be shared templates as well as individual (private/not shared) templates.

Soon?

LittleLebowski
03-06-2017, 08:22 AM
It's been installed for days. I thought LittleLebowski was going to create the template (since I know nothing about reloading), but I can do it later today.

I am, I just need to come back to work in order to get some time to do it :D

LittleLebowski
03-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Updated, should be working, please check first post in this thread, and start your Reloading Journals!

Luke
03-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Just tried to start my journal, the drop down box is empty.

LittleLebowski
03-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Just tried to start my journal, the drop down box is empty.

Try again if you have the time. Let me know.

Luke
03-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Try again if you have the time. Let me know.

Still nothing.

Luke
03-06-2017, 09:46 AM
That page is probably cached for you. Either clear the cache or reload the page while holding down the shift key.

I'm on an iPhone dear sir. I will have to download a shift key from the App Store.

Luke
03-06-2017, 10:12 AM
It worked, but I was too dumb to figure it out :( went rogue and do my own. I'm so sorry

LittleLebowski
03-06-2017, 10:21 AM
It worked, but I was too dumb to figure it out :( went rogue and do my own. I'm so sorry

"Suggested," don't worry about it. I am more curious as to if there's a problem with the setup.

Luke
03-06-2017, 10:49 AM
I could see a couple spots where I thought my text should go but after trying one and hitting preview thread it was never the right spot. It was all in the same bold as well so it was hard to tell what was my text or the template, I had plans to change my response to red but never got that far.

Luke
03-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Because I'm dumb, like I previously mentioned lol.

Can we take the 60 minute edit window off the reloading journals?

GuanoLoco
03-06-2017, 11:29 AM
That is the one thing that drives me crazy about PF. I usually write badly the first time (lots of typos, sometimes confusion from experimental wordings) and then edit to make my posts pretty later.

Often more than 60 minutes later....