PDA

View Full Version : New Model Requests

Dark Star Gear
02-27-2017, 08:21 AM
Been getting emails and messages here and elsewhere about some lefty stuff and new models we don't currently support.

Thus far we're gonna be doing the G17 IWB/AIWB for sure in left handed. Also adding G19 length for right handed folks. The G43 and Shield are coming this week in right handed, dual attachment and lefty will follow soon after.

A mag pouch that plays well with a Clinch Pick is also in the works. They exist but they'll be orderable shortly.

blues
02-27-2017, 09:09 AM
Tom, if you ever decide to build an L frame which would accommodate a 3" S&W 686+ I'd be interested.

I already know it can be carried AIWB because I have done so with a leather Triple K #314 and it's really not bad at all to carry in that manner...surprisingly enough.

luckyman
02-27-2017, 09:13 AM
Any news on an AIWB LCR model?

Rick62
02-27-2017, 09:22 AM
As a lefty, I'm glad to hear the G17 AIWB is a go.
I'd love to see the same built to accommodate a WML, but I realize that's pretty far down the path of catering to a niche market. There's probably not a lot of business sense in it, but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Star Gear
02-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Tom, if you ever decide to build an L frame which would accommodate a 3" S&W 686+ I'd be interested.

I already know it can be carried AIWB because I have done so with a leather Triple K #314 and it's really not bad at all to carry in that manner...surprisingly enough.

We still need to arrange a weekend to press off the list Trajan presented.

Any news on an AIWB LCR model?
Shouldn't be too far off. I need to arrange hands on with a live gun to test fit.

As a lefty, I'm glad to hear the G17 AIWB is a go.
I'd love to see the same built to accommodate a WML, but I realize that's pretty far down the path of catering to a niche market. There's probably not a lot of business sense in it, but still...

WML's are tricky. Poke around enough and you'll see very few folks carrying WML's, even those who've purchased the latest and greatest design. Among a few groups it's common to see folks give a good holster more than a fair shake but months later they're back to a G19 without a light. Busting my ass to make someone's next "old" holster when there's still room to make someone's next holster they'll use for years on end is a tough call for me. Lots of folks do wind up using the WML holsters but it seems that they're well in the minority.

I do have a few features that have been shown to work well, it's just a matter of machine time and priority.

CCT125US
02-27-2017, 10:09 AM
I'd still be down for a P2000 PTD / metal clip combo, with RCS claw.

Rick62
02-27-2017, 11:34 AM
WML's are tricky. Poke around enough and you'll see very few folks carrying WML's, even those who've purchased the latest and greatest design. Among a few groups it's common to see folks give a good holster more than a fair shake but months later they're back to a G19 without a light. Busting my ass to make someone's next "old" holster when there's still room to make someone's next holster they'll use for years on end is a tough call for me. Lots of folks do wind up using the WML holsters but it seems that they're well in the minority.

That makes a lot of sense. I get that the investment of resources to satisfy a statistically tiny group of potential customers (AIWB, WML- not to mention left handed) is a tough sell. That being said...

I do have a few features that have been shown to work well, it's just a matter of machine time and priority.

If you find yourself with the manufacturing capacity for a small run or a one off production- I'm a willing guinea pig.

Dark Star Gear
02-27-2017, 11:39 AM
To do a proper WML AIWB it'll need to be CNC. It is on the list, even if people decide they suck and I never sell one I am still making one. Got too much time tied up in T&E'ing little features to not finish it.

Cecil Burch
02-27-2017, 12:00 PM
A mag pouch that plays well with a Clinch Pick is also in the works. They exist but they'll be orderable shortly.

And why have you held that info from me???

Dark Star Gear
02-27-2017, 12:01 PM
And why have you held that info from me???

I am terrible at marketing and selling shit. It just doesn't feel right to be all spammy. Paul Sharp has one, he said he liked it.

Rick62
02-27-2017, 12:02 PM
To do a proper WML AIWB it'll need to be CNC. It is on the list, even if people decide they suck and I never sell one I am still making one. Got too much time tied up in T&E'ing little features to not finish it.

That's awesome to hear. You can consider one sold...assuming there's a wrong-handed variant.

Cecil Burch
02-27-2017, 12:11 PM
I am terrible at marketing and selling shit. It just doesn't feel right to be all spammy. Paul Sharp has one, he said he liked it.

So now I am ticked at two friends? WTF?

:)

hiro
02-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Tom, I'm not sure this counts as a new model request, more a different style.

As you know I have your current model AIWB/IWB holster for a Glock 17. As you may not know, I'm 20lbs more than I want to be. I'm working on changing that but it's not going as quickly as I'd like. It's true that being overweight is more likely to get me killed on the streets than most other things...

Have you thought of doing a holster similar to the JMCK Wing Claw 2?

I have a funny feeling you'll say "just buy the Wing Claw 2", which I will and is honest of you. Which is a good reason to want to buy your version.

Dark Star Gear
02-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Tom, I'm not sure this counts as a new model request, more a different style.

As you know I have your current model AIWB/IWB holster for a Glock 17. As you may not know, I'm 20lbs more than I want to be. I'm working on changing that but it's not going as quickly as I'd like. It's true that being overweight is more likely to get me killed on the streets than most other things...

Have you thought of doing a holster similar to the JMCK Wing Claw 2?

I have a funny feeling you'll say "just buy the Wing Claw 2", which I will and is honest of you. Which is a good reason to want to buy your version.

Not sure there's much difference between the two models, other than attachments.

hiro
02-27-2017, 01:11 PM
Not sure there's much difference between the two models, other than attachments.

It's where the attachments mount, towards the edges of the holster away from the thickest part, the slide. Reduces the overall thickness of the holster and hopefully helps for those of us wearing 36" pants.

Dark Star Gear
02-27-2017, 01:18 PM
That moves only the front loop though. In the interest of keeping RMR compatibility the front loop is where it is. We have made some tweaks on position to balance holster stability and loop printing though. Ultimately with the attachments we use I'm not sure that position is needed. It helps a little with the RCS clips in some cases but depending on how the claw works for the user, and their size/shape/etc the attachment may print the same there as well.

It's really all just a balance with some subjectivity worked in, in our case the attachments haven't forced that position to be needed, if that makes sense.

hiro
02-27-2017, 01:29 PM
It's really all just a balance with some subjectivity worked in, in our case the attachments haven't forced that position to be needed, if that makes sense.

It does make sense, yes.

I'm still playing with the holster, trying to make as best a guess as I can on ways to wear it to make it comfortable/accessible. I'll try one of the JMCK to compare, just as you said, I will end up with a box of holsters!

Mike C
02-27-2017, 01:46 PM
I'd still be down for a P2000 PTD / metal clip combo, with RCS claw.

This and the same for VP9.

Dark Star Gear
02-27-2017, 02:05 PM
This and the same for VP9.

We've made a few VP9's already.

Mike C
02-28-2017, 09:35 PM
We've made a few VP9's already.

I guess I should put an order in then huh? I'll be visiting your site then in the next day or so if your still in the mood to make one.

WobblyPossum
03-01-2017, 07:34 AM
With all the Beretta PX4 love on the forum for the last year or so, have you thought about offering the wing claw AIWB holster for those models?

Dark Star Gear
03-01-2017, 07:36 AM
With all the Beretta PX4 love on the forum for the last year or so, have you thought about offering the wing claw AIWB holster for those models?

You've got no idea what's in store for those...

WobblyPossum
03-01-2017, 07:40 AM

Oh c'mon man! You've got to stop doing that to me. I'm still waiting for what you had in store to replace my Dr. Scholl's heel pad for the G17 holster. ;)

Dark Star Gear
03-01-2017, 07:47 AM
Oh c'mon man! You've got to stop doing that to me. I'm still waiting for what you had in store to replace my Dr. Scholl's heel pad for the G17 holster. ;)

Soon™

Actually working on that now.

JHC
03-01-2017, 08:45 AM
Any 1911 newness for 2017?

Dark Star Gear
03-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Any 1911 newness for 2017?

We have our clip-on with a claw for most 1911's (Springfield Rail) and are working on the new Colt Railgun (M45A1/CCU). Also have a universal 1911 holster in the works.

WobblyPossum
03-03-2017, 01:00 PM

So hypothetically, if someone was seriously considering carrying a PX4 instead of his/her Glocks, when could this hypothetical person expect such a product to be available? Asking for a friend.

Dark Star Gear
03-05-2017, 11:50 PM
So hypothetically, if someone was seriously considering carrying a PX4 instead of his/her Glocks, when could this hypothetical person expect such a product to be available? Asking for a friend.

Still up in the air a little. At least a month.

Up1911Fan
03-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Do you have a pic of the CP sheath/mag pouch set up?

RJ
03-06-2017, 07:39 AM
If suggestions are being taken, I wanted to mention one "outside the box".

Not being rail thin, I've struggled with A/IWB holsters ever since I started carrying. My solution ended up being a high-riding, OWB leather holster by Mitch Rosen.

For my short-barrel, G26-sized subcompact, it works fantastically well. I get a holster I can conceal in a XL T shirt or polo, the neutral cant OWB constructions means I have a fairly smooth run of my belt with more contact area on my pants, which reduces needed belt tension as well as slipping. The position just forward of strong side hide near the inguinal crease is comfortable standing, sitting or driving.

With fixed loops, I don't have to fiddle with clips or thread PTD loops. Just thread the open tail of the belt through and buckle. It also works well when nature calls, which is a worthwhile feature.

My only concern is the longevity of the unreinforced leather mouth for repeated draws. Say for a class, or in competition. As in, one holster to use for carry as well as gaming.

Just a suggestion, but this approach has worked so well for me that I think a Kydex version of this design approach (OWB, high riding, neutral cant) in compact and subcompact pistols (e.g. G19, G26) would be worth considering in future plans. Especially for the aging geezer market segment looking for more comfort. :cool:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170306/eeec8d4ddb46b9a3cc27a4d27e36de7d.jpg

MR OWB leather holster showing neutral cant and high-riding construction.

Dark Star Gear
03-09-2017, 10:27 AM

Things have just become accelerated. If you absolutely needed a holster within a set time frame JM is the way to roll but we're on it.

Do you have a pic of the CP sheath/mag pouch set up?
Not yet. It's really just a trim pouch that sits deep enough and doesn't interfere with the CP.

If suggestions are being taken, I wanted to mention one "outside the box".

Not being rail thin, I've struggled with A/IWB holsters ever since I started carrying. My solution ended up being a high-riding, OWB leather holster by Mitch Rosen.

For my short-barrel, G26-sized subcompact, it works fantastically well. I get a holster I can conceal in a XL T shirt or polo, the neutral cant OWB constructions means I have a fairly smooth run of my belt with more contact area on my pants, which reduces needed belt tension as well as slipping. The position just forward of strong side hide near the inguinal crease is comfortable standing, sitting or driving.

With fixed loops, I don't have to fiddle with clips or thread PTD loops. Just thread the open tail of the belt through and buckle. It also works well when nature calls, which is a worthwhile feature.

My only concern is the longevity of the unreinforced leather mouth for repeated draws. Say for a class, or in competition. As in, one holster to use for carry as well as gaming.

Just a suggestion, but this approach has worked so well for me that I think a Kydex version of this design approach (OWB, high riding, neutral cant) in compact and subcompact pistols (e.g. G19, G26) would be worth considering in future plans. Especially for the aging geezer market segment looking for more comfort. :cool:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170306/eeec8d4ddb46b9a3cc27a4d27e36de7d.jpg[/IMG]

[i]MR OWB leather holster showing neutral cant and high-riding construction.

I'll have to look but I think our current OWB's can be set close to that height. What we lean towards is a slightly lower than average pancake that is narrow and fits tight but we've got some versatility in loops and spacing.

I would be concerned that at some point a belt-holster-gun combo that short might start to roll outward a little.

WobblyPossum
03-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Things have just become accelerated. If you absolutely needed a holster within a set time frame JM is the way to roll but we're on it.

I placed an order for a JM wing claw 2.5 yesterday. I'm looking forward to seeing your version too.

RJ
03-09-2017, 01:04 PM
I'll have to look but I think our current OWB's can be set close to that height. What we lean towards is a slightly lower than average pancake that is narrow and fits tight but we've got some versatility in loops and spacing.

I would be concerned that at some point a belt-holster-gun combo that short might start to roll outward a little.

Thanks Tom. I'll look at the DSG web site and see if it looks like it might be suitable. The max depth "below" the line of the belt of the MR UL is around 1".

Reference rolling outward, I've found Melody Lauer's Appendix Hack of a size M ladies Dr. Scholl Gel pad to be just the solution for me:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170309/54402db6ed072513f22d74dfda5b1f64.jpg

Dark Star Gear
03-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Reference rolling outward, I've found Melody Lauer's Appendix Hack of a size M ladies Dr. Scholl Gel pad to be just the solution for me:

Then stay tuned for more new stuff!

Duces Tecum
03-09-2017, 01:25 PM
My body disagrees with AIWB carry. Things are fine when standing, but when sitting the combination of the butt riding up to overlay my ribs plus a situationally gibbous abdomen pushes the butt out and causes printing. The root cause, I think, is the idea that the pistol must ride high enough to get a firing grip before the draw.

How hard would it be to develop an AIWB holster that rides low enough that the butt lies behind and is restrained by the waistband / belt? Would probably require a slower pinch-grip to draw so it may not interest those in permissive environments, but -- who knows -- the California / New York / Maryland, etc contingent might be drawn to it.

blues
03-09-2017, 01:38 PM
My body disagrees with AIWB carry. Things are fine when standing, but when sitting the combination of the butt riding up to overlay my ribs plus a situationally gibbous abdomen pushes the butt out and causes printing. The root cause, I think, is the idea that the pistol must ride high enough to get a firing grip before the draw.

How hard would it be to develop an AIWB holster that rides low enough that the butt lies behind and is restrained by the waistband / belt? Would probably require a slower pinch-grip to draw so it may not interest those in permissive environments, but -- who knows -- the California / New York / Maryland, etc contingent might be drawn to it.

That's some poetry there, brother. Much appreciated by the amateur astronomer that I am.

RJ
03-09-2017, 02:25 PM

FWIW I found a high-riding fixed loop OWB holster to be the solution for me (daily CCW in cargo shorts, loose polo or XL,T shirt.) Especially combined with a leather belt.

Duces Tecum
03-09-2017, 04:09 PM

LOL! Just to be clear, the "butt" refers a part of the pistol. Sorry for any confusion.

blues
03-09-2017, 05:14 PM
LOL! Just to be clear, the "butt" refers a part of the pistol. Sorry for any confusion.

That was clear. I was just illustrating a gibbous "moon" created by virtue of the portion of the disk hidden by the trousers. ;)

Dark Star Gear
03-27-2017, 02:23 PM
G19 version of the G17 holster should be cut by the end of the week. Been working on a new gun more but should finally have it.

CZ P-09 coming soon as well.

Mirolynmonbro
03-27-2017, 04:19 PM
P09 is coming? Aw geez. I might have to sell some stuff now

Dark Star Gear
03-28-2017, 03:54 PM
P09 is coming? Aw geez. I might have to sell some stuff now

I think you'd be more excited about a purpose built silicone holster pad instead but hey, to each their own.

Hot Sauce
03-28-2017, 09:27 PM
I think you'd be more excited about a purpose built silicone holster pad instead but hey, to each their own.A better wedge solution, and the PX4 AIWB Claw, will both make me a very happy man.

joshs
04-03-2017, 03:59 PM

Awesome, full size compact or both?

LesPaul
04-11-2017, 01:43 PM
Soon™

Actually working on that now.

Hah, i feel his pain... i see your posts talking about this way back and i've only been learned & waiting for a few days. Eager to see what you have in store for us.

jwperry
04-12-2017, 08:38 AM
What do you need to support new models? Do you mold off actual firearms or do you buy the plastic molds?

Drew78
04-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Aiwb ruger lcr .357

BobLoblaw
04-14-2017, 04:49 PM
Subscribed for PX4 CC goodness.

JHC
04-25-2017, 10:44 AM
I need a straight drop clip model in "safety yellow" for the new Springfield Armory pistol. I know you know. ;)

JHC
04-28-2017, 09:19 AM
I need a straight drop clip model in "safety yellow" for the new Springfield Armory pistol. I know you know. ;)

eerrr . . . nevermind.

jwperry
04-28-2017, 09:21 AM
eerrr . . . nevermind.

I've now had to retract my "Like" as I misread thinking you wanted one for your new Springfield Armory pistol. I had my hopes up and everything..

JHC
04-28-2017, 09:28 AM
I've now had to retract my "Like" as I misread thinking you wanted one for your new Springfield Armory pistol. I had my hopes up and everything..

Ha! I like what they did for the market but its not my cup of tea this year.

Dark Star Gear
05-15-2017, 11:20 PM
LCR: On the way for 2.5" barrels.

Left handed G17's: On the way, perhaps by the weekend.

G19's: same as 17's

G42 Hitchhikers: (dual attach IWB/AIWB) Soon

G43 Hitchhikers: Right handed models are shipping now
Shield 9/40 Hitchhikers: Right handed models shipping now

Lefty folks for the 17's will carry the $20 off we offered when the right handed model was finalized and out.

Rick62
05-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Left handed G17's: On the way, perhaps by the weekend.

Lefty folks for the 17's will carry the $20 off we offered when the right handed model was finalized and out.

Awesome to hear! Looking forward to ordering.

Dark Star Gear
06-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Left handed G17's are live!
http://darkstargear.com/product/g17-aiwbiwb/

Dark Star Gear
06-08-2017, 08:30 AM
The new lefty will also get the $20 off intro but we will need to process that manually on the short term. Coupon software is slightly tricky.

Dark Star Gear
06-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Ruger LCR is nearly ready, we need to acquire a few guns to test fit still, about a week out from going live.

Dark Star Gear
09-12-2017, 10:08 AM
G42 Hitchhiker will be orderable by the weekend.

Dark Star Gear
10-13-2017, 06:04 PM
CZ P-09/07 or M&P's with thumb safety for the next round of Orion holsters?

backtrail540
10-13-2017, 07:08 PM
CZ P-09/07 or M&P's with thumb safety for the next round of Orion holsters?

2.0 compatible?

orionz06
10-13-2017, 09:42 PM
2.0 compatible?

Yup

Dark Star Gear
10-14-2017, 10:25 PM
https://snwcdnprod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/styles/product_main/public/firearms/images/11683_01_lg.jpg?itok=-JmoUpSd

Thus far this seems to be the favorite.

We'd make it 4.25" with a smoothed out thumb safety blocking and RMR compatible as an option as we do prefer the longevity with the extra material.

Dark Star Gear
10-30-2017, 11:03 PM
M&P will hit the CNC tomorrow.

Working on some pizza gun stuff now.

Shadow 2 gamer/range stuff also in the queue. And because it's a really cool gun we're gonna make an AIWB for the Shadow 2 as well. Highly impractical but fun as all hell. Why not?

Dark Star Gear
11-09-2017, 07:58 AM
M&P Orion's awaiting a few more people to get theirs to spread our sample size out to something more respectable. Fitment confirmed on 1.0, 2.0, 2.0C, 2.0TS, and 1.0TS. The next few days will be spreading the sample size out and we should hit the site by next week. We'll be having some worked ahead assuming minimal risk so if you want a color other than black shoot us an email and we can get them rolling ahead of time with the hopes to box up once our T&E models are confirmed good. Same release discount will apply.

Coal Train
11-18-2017, 05:14 AM
Working on some pizza gun stuff now.
So......which ones.......and when? ;)

blues
11-18-2017, 08:49 AM
So......which ones.......and when? ;)

For those of us wrapped in aluminum inside a time capsule, what is a pizza gun? A version of a BBQ gun? Does it come with anchovies?

Or is it clever slang for Berettas?

Guerrero
11-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Or is it clever slang for Berettas?

Ding! Winnah!

blues
11-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Ding! Winnah!

Thanks. I've learned to take little for granted. :cool:

Olim9
11-22-2017, 08:43 PM
For those of us wrapped in aluminum inside a time capsule, what is a pizza gun?

I think we've been over this

So Tom, any approximation on an ETA on the 92 holsters? I will gladly beta test one!

Dark Star Gear
02-14-2018, 09:17 AM
G17+XC1B?

CDFIII
02-15-2018, 12:10 PM
G17+XC1B?

Yes please;)

EVP
02-15-2018, 12:52 PM
P30L Rigel:D

I have already asked you about it but I figured maybe others could chime in for there support.

orionz06
02-15-2018, 01:58 PM
P30L Rigel:D

I have already asked you about it but I figured maybe others could chime in for there support.

There will be *a* model that fits.

Olim9
02-19-2018, 01:58 PM
"We support the Sig P226R and a few variants but will need to discuss the nuances of the model you have."

This doesn't mean an Orion for the P226R right? I would be lying if I said I haven't been considering on starting to carry my P226.

orionz06
02-19-2018, 02:02 PM
"We support the Sig P226R and a few variants but will need to discuss the nuances of the model you have."

This doesn't mean an Orion for the P226R right? I would be lying if I said I haven't been considering on starting to carry my P226.

Trying to get Sig to offer some support so we can envelope all 226 variants.

Olim9
02-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Trying to get Sig to offer some support so we can envelope all 226 variants.

I'm dense, what do you mean by Sig offering some support?

orionz06
02-19-2018, 02:07 PM
I'm dense, what do you mean by Sig offering some support?

Depending on how they've got things set up they likely have some of the 226 variants modeled in a CAD software package. That information, enveloped among the many variants, will allow us to produce a holster that can potentially work with a wider range of Sig's. As it stands they may be limiting. The Mk25 is a decent envelope to work with but now and again there is one that won't fit. It makes life difficult to offer a repeatable fit.

Olim9
02-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Depending on how they've got things set up they likely have some of the 226 variants modeled in a CAD software package. That information, enveloped among the many variants, will allow us to produce a holster that can potentially work with a wider range of Sig's. As it stands they may be limiting. The Mk25 is a decent envelope to work with but now and again there is one that won't fit. It makes life difficult to offer a repeatable fit.

If it helps, could there be some value if I were able to send you both a non railed P226 and a ~2005 produced P226R with a curved non-1913 rail to test for measurements?

jwperry
02-21-2018, 09:56 PM
If it helps, could there be some value if I were able to send you both a non railed P226 and a ~2005 produced P226R with a curved non-1913 rail to test for measurements?Owning those types and a Mk25, I can say my thermo-plastic, "clam shell" holsters made for the Mk25 will accommodate the other variants with some tightening of the retention screws. If it is native to a P226R, it'll normally fit a Mk25 with loosening of the retention screws.

P229/P228 variants? Yeah, that's a shit show to get things to fit.

I'd be interested in a Mk25 AIWB holster. I love mine for my G17, I just don't love my G17...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

dontshakepandas
03-07-2018, 08:08 PM
G17+XC1B?Any idea if/when this might happen?

I'm going back and forth on trying the XC1-B or the be TLR-7 and that would probably sway my decision.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dark Star Gear
03-07-2018, 09:18 PM
Any idea if/when this might happen?

I'm going back and forth on trying the XC1-B or the be TLR-7 and that would probably sway my decision.

Might have the first final shells pressed this weekend.

dontshakepandas
03-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Might have the first final shells pressed this weekend.

Awesome! I'll go ahead and order the light.

Are these going to be up on the site or will we need to email you to order them initially?

orionz06
03-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Awesome! I'll go ahead and order the light.

Are these going to be up on the site or will we need to email you to order them initially?

Not not muddy the waters but we will have them as a combo deal sitting around $330-340.

dontshakepandas
03-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Not not muddy the waters but we will have them as a combo deal sitting around $330-340.Even better. I'll hold out for that deal.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dontshakepandas
03-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Not not muddy the waters but we will have them as a combo deal sitting around $330-340.

Are you going to offer a holster in Glock 19 length also or just 17 length?

orionz06
03-08-2018, 02:53 PM
Immediately it will be 17 length. Immediately we would be able to do an open cut to 19 length, or flush with the light, but in all of the sampling done the light is the issue more so than the slide length and erring on the side of more models is how we chose.

dontshakepandas
03-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Immediately it will be 17 length. Immediately we would be able to do an open cut to 19 length, or flush with the light, but in all of the sampling done the light is the issue more so than the slide length and erring on the side of more models is how we chose.

17 length shouldn't be an issue since that's what I'm using now anyways. If for some reason it is, can it be trimmed to an open cut at a later time or does that have to be done initially?

I ended up trading for an XC1-B last night so I'm pretty stoked to pick one of these holsters up.

orionz06
03-09-2018, 11:56 AM
Trimming down will be easy after it's made, either on your own with some guidance on tools or sending it in.

Up1911Fan
03-09-2018, 12:28 PM
Tlr7 in the works?

Dark Star Gear
03-16-2018, 07:56 AM
Left Handed G43 Hitchhikers are ready! Email for an order if they're not on the page, we'll send an invoice. $20 off new model still applies.

Dark Star Gear
03-26-2018, 07:06 AM
17 length shouldn't be an issue since that's what I'm using now anyways. If for some reason it is, can it be trimmed to an open cut at a later time or does that have to be done initially?

I ended up trading for an XC1-B last night so I'm pretty stoked to pick one of these holsters up.

Depending on the exact holster configuration we may be able to accommodate this now.

Tlr7 in the works?
Yup. Just got our light last week. Working through the small light Rigel mold now for the XC1B and once that's tweaked to satisfaction we'll get to the TLR-7.

zephyr
04-24-2018, 10:35 PM
Any chance you could do a 3" K frame AIWB? I carry a S&W 65 3" quite often.

jeep45238
04-26-2018, 07:57 AM

I'd be interested in this as well. Right now it's a no-rail, but I do keep my eyes open for a rail version locally at the right price.

orionz06
04-26-2018, 08:21 AM
I'd be interested in this as well. Right now it's a no-rail, but I do keep my eyes open for a rail version locally at the right price.

Still kinda on the fence. We sent out a few models that worked with a Mk25 and had customers report issues. I've not had a chance to talk with a friend who has laser scans of a library of Sig 226's yet to see where something might be missed but it's in the works.

backtrail540
04-26-2018, 06:37 PM
Are you currently able to cover the 5" m&p's? I'd be interested in a 5" orion for an upcoming 2.0 purchase.

orionz06
04-29-2018, 07:52 PM
Are you currently able to cover the 5" m&p's? I'd be interested in a 5" orion for an upcoming 2.0 purchase.

Not yet but that's one we can mod our mold files for and set it up.

backtrail540
04-30-2018, 09:17 AM
Not yet but that's one we can mod our mold files for and set it up.

Great! I'll be first in line when they're ready. If you need an order first let me know.

Alembic
10-10-2018, 10:37 PM
Reading this thread, I have leaened you have bigger fish to fry than my one off Hidden Canyon. Anyway. Cheers, hope Life is good.6

LSP552
01-13-2019, 11:49 AM
Just checking if you have any plans to add the Beretta APX to your IWB line?

Thanks

orionz06
01-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Just checking if you have any plans to add the Beretta APX to your IWB line?

Thanks

Possibly. We're getting ready to release the 92 this week.

jetfire
01-14-2019, 10:41 AM
Possibly. We're getting ready to release the 92 this week.

I swear I'll send you an APX tomorrow if you want one. I have...several.