PDA

View Full Version : Rampage for the TLG!

Dark Star Gear
01-23-2017, 10:50 AM
John asked me if I was interested in participating and since Todd had a significant role in opening a market that's helped me a great deal it's a no-brainer.

We worked up a standard holster, in orange of course, with minimal options. (http://darkstargear.com/product/brtlg/) 15% of the total sales will go to Rampage for the Cure. Truth be told that's a little weak so we/I will kick in more.

The lead time may not be entirely clear but we're running these in batches. Hoping to keep things rolling and not miss a beat but

Given how folks have been I must make a disclaimer that Todd didn't use my holsters. We did however talk and along the way of developing quite a few different designs his input was certainly helpful.

Also given how folks have been I will "open my books" to allow for verification of the donation amount. I suspect Tom Jones will be the guy.

Also check out the Volund Gearworks belt. (http://store.volundgearworks.com/index.php/rampage-for-the-tlg-slim-cobra-belt.html)

SLG
01-23-2017, 11:53 AM
I don't know what you mean by "how folks have been" and it doesn't matter to me. I mention that just because I want to make sure you have the right charity link. Before Todd died, they switched their donations a little bit and if you want to donate to the charity that Todd would want, you have to go to the site that is linked in the sign up for the memorial shoot.

Does that make sense? Some people didn't know this and have been linking to the old Rampage site.

orionz06
01-23-2017, 12:18 PM
I don't know what you mean by "how folks have been" and it doesn't matter to me.

Not you, that's for certain.

I mention that just because I want to make sure you have the right charity link. Before Todd died, they switched their donations a little bit and if you want to donate to the charity that Todd would want, you have to go to the site that is linked in the sign up for the memorial shoot.

Will adjust to http://kccure.org/

Does that make sense? Some people didn't know this and have been linking to the old Rampage site.

Yup.

SLG
01-23-2017, 01:18 PM
Awesome thanks!

SLG
01-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Off topic, but is http://rampageforthecure.com/ still a good URL to use?

Afaik, yes.

Dark Star Gear
02-21-2017, 11:18 PM
First wave out the door, second wave will head out this weekend. Nice to see some familiar email addresses.

Maple Syrup Actual
02-22-2017, 01:49 AM
Great concept!

I apologize for the drift but I really like the different options you've been offering, vis-a-vis the "any subdued colour" etc. For a lot of us it's very much a matter of "whatever is closest, as long as it works" and I'm totally like that.

And this is, of course, icing on the cake.

Dark Star Gear
02-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Great concept!

I apologize for the drift but I really like the different options you've been offering, vis-a-vis the "any subdued colour" etc. For a lot of us it's very much a matter of "whatever is closest, as long as it works" and I'm totally like that.

And this is, of course, icing on the cake.

Thanks! The any subdued color came about when I had a few guys call about some left handed orders, strangely enough all the exact same thing. They wanted our holster but color didn't matter so much. I ran a batch of 10 in grey and had leftovers and was able to work from stock.

Jason F
02-22-2017, 01:48 PM
First wave out the door, second wave will head out this weekend. Nice to see some familiar email addresses.

Awesome!! Can't wait to get it. I was just thinking about this over lunch and wondering when in March the holsters would show up... sounds like it'll be in February! Woot woot!

Dark Star Gear
03-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Last day! We have enough premade to support a solid burst in sales to get these out buy the weekend.

Maple Syrup Actual
03-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Very worth owning! Made it just in time to make this issue, too, which goes to press Friday. One of a very small number of holsters I actually bought rather than wait for someone to offer me one in exchange for publicity. Money well spent.

I also notice that my collection of DSG kydex is slowly growing...

Dark Star Gear
03-17-2017, 07:42 AM
Thanks to all that helped! We submitted a donation of $1000 to KCure yesterday morning.

Paul Sharp
03-20-2017, 06:21 PM
Link is dead. Will you be doing this again Tom?

Dark Star Gear
03-20-2017, 10:00 PM
Link is dead. Will you be doing this again Tom?

The end date was the 16th. We'll likely do something next year if asked and it sounds like some cool stuff is in store already.