PDA

View Full Version : I need a J frame dog

Poconnor
12-30-2016, 11:48 AM
We already have j frame life style thread but at this point in my life I need another dog. My hearing is poor and I really miss the four legged alarm. My favorite breed is the bull terrier. Little big dogs, 75 pounds, short hair, little to no grooming and a very large bite and the right attitude for protecting the family. Wife says no more big dogs. Small grand children and bull terriers think they are lap dogs. Time for a small dog.
Any suggestions? I'm thinking jack Russell or a minature bull terrier but I don't think the wife will go for another bully . She knows me too well. ( they said it was a minature, how was I supposed to know it wasn't? )

blues
12-30-2016, 12:01 PM
How small are you thinking?

My buddy Jerry Halfrich, a knife maker and guide in San Marcos, TX, lost his Jack Russell in the Texas floods a year or two back when Jerry's home was destroyed. He has had dogs all his life and said that little Jack Russell, "Bandit", was the best dog he had ever had. Naturally, it goes without saying, it was devastating.

JHC
12-30-2016, 12:08 PM
We already have j frame life style thread but at this point in my life I need another dog. My hearing is poor and I really miss the four legged alarm. My favorite breed is the bull terrier. Little big dogs, 75 pounds, short hair, little to no grooming and a very large bite and the right attitude for protecting the family. Wife says no more big dogs. Small grand children and bull terriers think they are lap dogs. Time for a small dog.
Any suggestions? I'm thinking jack Russell or a minature bull terrier but I don't think the wife will go for another bully . She knows me too well. ( they said it was a minature, how was I supposed to know it wasn't? )

We are a boxer family (our 6th presently) but I've always wanted a bull terrier. I'm referring to the "Spuds MacKenzie" American Bull Terrier. Is that the same as you are referring to?

blues
12-30-2016, 12:11 PM
We are a boxer family (our 6th presently) but I've always wanted a bull terrier. I'm referring to the "Spuds MacKenzie" American Bull Terrier. Is that the same as you are referring to?

Since my wife and I rescued "Skyler", who appears to be Boxer / Staffie near as we can figure...she's had a love affair going on with Bull Terriers, Pits and Staffies...and Boxer's too.

But, if a J frame dog means a smaller and calmer dog...maybe terriers and Boxers won't be the best fit.

Totem Polar
12-30-2016, 12:12 PM
Our last dog was mostly Amstaff. I will be of no help to you in this thread. :)

MVS
12-30-2016, 12:21 PM
We went with a mini Schauzer mostly due to my daughters allergies. It is a very good watch dog without being too yippy. If that is too small, the standard schauzer is a compact yet powerful dog well suited to what you are looking for.

RevolverRob
12-30-2016, 12:21 PM
Jack Russels are high energy and can be nippy with young children. But they are trainable if you work with them. I still prefer dogs in the hound group. Daschunds are great family pets but stubborn as hell and can be difficult to train. Beagles, very trainable, good size, good health, and good alert dogs.

blues
12-30-2016, 12:23 PM
We went with a mini Schauzer mostly due to my daughters allergies. It is a very good watch dog without being too yippy. If that is too small, the standard schauzer is a compact yet powerful dog well suited to what you are looking for.

My parents had a mini Schnauzer years ago. He had the good sense to bite every one of my two sister's boyfriends but no one else. :p

A very smart, clever dog if a bit yippy as you say.

RevolverRob
12-30-2016, 12:25 PM

Schnauzers and mini-Schnauzers are great dogs, just be aware that they get cantankerous as hell the older they get. My sister has had one for a dozen years now. He's a lovely little alert dog and terrorizes strangers regularly. Also great with other pets. But he wasn't socialized with children as a puppy, so he was nippy with my nephews when they were young. Now that they are older (4 and 7) no issues. They have another dog that he tolerates and previously she had a Maine Coon Cat that was the dog's best friend.

blues
12-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Jack Russels are high energy and can be nippy with young children. But they are trainable if you work with them. I still prefer dogs in the hound group. Daschunds are great family pets but stubborn as hell and can be difficult to train. Beagles, very trainable, good size, good health, and good alert dogs.

The Beagles around here tend to howl quite a bit. It gets old. Family down the road has Dachshunds and they love 'em. Yappy little suckers but amusing when I pass them walking down the hill to the mailbox.

Kanati
12-30-2016, 12:26 PM
We "rescued" (some low life dumped her a few winters ago, she spent a few nights enduring a significantly high suck factor....their loss, our gain) a Puggle a few years back, and she fits to a T what you're looking for. She's on the big side for the breed (she's 33-35lbs), but is orders of magnitude more manageable than our 85lb Border Collie / Newfoundland mix. She's fantastic with the family, great energy with kids, and is VERY protective of her family and her home; best 4 legged alarm we've yet had. She's a decided snuggler, has more than enough energy to run her way thru a 7-8 mile hike, and is very intelligent. All that said, if a strong magestic looking dog is high on your list of priorities, ya may want to skip Puggle's. Ours decidedly went several rounds with the ugly stick, and had her ass handed to her.

JAD
12-30-2016, 12:36 PM
Terrier mixes are awesome; the second and third best dogs I've had (number one is my present lab/GSD mix) were such. Fritz is a really good example. He was probably something like Schnauzer + 57. Didn't shed, very obedient, very smart, a really good size for kids and couches at about 20#. Never had a health issue; he was 8 when I lost him in a divorce ten years ago and it wouldn't shock me if he was still kicking.12715

Go adopt something that's a year old and fits your size requirements.

RevolverRob
12-30-2016, 12:37 PM
The Beagles around here tend to howl quite a bit. It gets old. Family down the road has Dachshunds and they love 'em. Yappy little suckers but amusing when I pass them walking down the hill to the mailbox.

Beagles are howlers.

I've had probably a dozen dogs over the years, mutts and pure-breds, etc. The best I've had were definitely daschunds. Defiantly stubborn, arrogant, and when they want to be, mean, little bastards. I've seen Dachs make bigger dogs their personal bitches, humans too. There is something to appreciate about a small dog with that much heart. They just aren't afraid of much and are ready to die fighting for those they are loyal to.

But even the daschund fails in comparison with the 20-pound tomcat we have now. He will attack, with great anger and vegenance anyone/anything he views as a threat. To date, he has successfully scared my mother-in-law, who is an ER RN. Three vets, half a dozen vet techs, and dozens of large dogs. He was a stray rescue who was ~2 years old when caught. He is the sweetest animal to those he loves. And will murder with 20-claws and three fangs (we had one removed years ago due to an infection) anyone/thing he doesn't. He is basically the cat equivalent of a daschund.

JTQ
12-30-2016, 01:01 PM
My favorite breed is the bull terrier. Little big dogs, 75 pounds, short hair, little to no grooming and a very large bite and the right attitude for protecting the family. Wife says no more big dogs.
Did you know they now have the compact version of the Bull Terrier?

AKC recognized breed and everything... http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/miniature-bull-terrier/

JTQ
12-30-2016, 01:08 PM
Other small, short haired recognized breeds...

Basenji http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/basenji/

Manchester Terrier http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/manchester-terrier/

Smooth Fox Terrier http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/smooth-fox-terrier/

You can search for others at the AKC link. The only real advantage of a purebred dog is you can pretty much guarantee the size and coat of the adult dog, which is often a problem with a mixed breed dog. You don't want to end up with a 100 lb dog that the guy at the pound told you was a Beagle/Dachshund mix. Otherwise, the pound is a really good place to find a dog.

JTQ
12-30-2016, 01:34 PM
The Miniature Bull Terrier link reminded me, my neighbors have a pair of rescue Boston Terriers. They are pretty neat little dogs. They'll bark, but aren't yappy. They aren't guard dogs, but they are small, friendly, and have short, easy to care for coats.

Boston Terrier http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/boston-terrier/

Dagga Boy
12-30-2016, 01:43 PM
The Miniature Bull Terrier link reminded me, my neighbors have a pair of rescue Boston Terriers. They are pretty neat little dogs. They'll bark, but aren't yappy. They aren't guard dogs, but they are small, friendly, and have short, easy to care for coats.

Boston Terrier http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/boston-terrier/

Bostons are a breed I have found very few people who own them don't like. Jack Russels are so damn smart they can be a pain. They will lay around scheming vengeance when not happy. I don't want a dog that smart. I can give a hearty endorsement of boxers as dumb but sweet and puppies their entire lives. A bit bigger but are still couch dogs. Another thing I have had great luck with are some of the Heinz 57 rescues....some of the best dogs are a personality and not a breed.

Sherman A. House DDS
12-30-2016, 02:09 PM
We have a Mini-Weimaraner named, "Grace." She has all the features of a regular Weimaraner, except she's 35 pounds.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161230/5200767306e995cacaec18c8db941ee2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHC
12-30-2016, 02:15 PM
Since my wife and I rescued "Skyler", who appears to be Boxer / Staffie near as we can figure...she's had a love affair going on with Bull Terriers, Pits and Staffies...and Boxer's too.

But, if a J frame dog means a smaller and calmer dog...maybe terriers and Boxers won't be the best fit.

Our last few have been adult rescues and they have all been pretty chill. My eldest son learned that lesson getting TWO boxer pups. Two years in and they're still whirling balls of furry playing fury.

blues
12-30-2016, 02:16 PM
Never heard of a mini Weim but as someone totally in love with the breed, I'm all in favor.

I don't mind saying that I have never shed as many tears over another life, human or animal, as I did for months after I had to let my boy "Smoky" go to his reward. I didn't think my heart would ever heal and it never fully has.

blues
12-30-2016, 02:18 PM
Our last few have been adult rescues and they have all been pretty chill. My eldest son learned that lesson getting TWO boxer pups. Two years in and they're still whirling balls of furry playing fury.

Skyler is four years old, (estimated, we rescued her at one), and she is one whirling dervish of athleticism and go! Pound for pound I'd put her up against any dog I've ever known. My Weimaraner wouldn't have known whether to shit or go blind around her.

Sherman A. House DDS
12-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Never heard of a mini Weim but as someone totally in love with the breed, I'm all in favor.

I don't mind saying that I have never shed as many tears over another life, human or animal, as I did for months after I had to let my boy "Smoky" go to his reward. I didn't think my heart would ever heal and it never fully has.

I don't think mini Weim is a real breed, but we just ended up that way. We were looking forward to having a 60 pound beast, but we lucked out because even at (only) 35lbs., she's a rocket. I'm 250 and she can take me for a walk or knock into me pretty sharply.

ranger
12-30-2016, 03:22 PM
We had a Jack Russell "rescue" - wife found him starving in our yard. Even when it was very old - it was still high energy. If you like "bird dogs", we had two Boykin Spaniels - they are very smart and very loving to the family - they are a "not too big, not too small" bird dog. We are now a Dachshund family - we have one and often keep our daughter's so I refer to my wife as "Mother of Daschunds" off the Game of Thrones. Daschunds are smart and stubborn but can be barkers - they see and hear EVERYTHING. They are tough too for a small dog - any dog that goes down a hole after a badger better have some attitude!

Crawls
12-30-2016, 03:26 PM
I'm at the same point. I love my current GSD but I'd liken her to trying to AWIB a double stack race built 1911 in 10mm. She is complete overkill for everything I need right now. Since my better half detests this dog, she also causes a ton of stress between my wife and me.
The dog is young enough that planning my next pooch seems rather treasonous but given my work schedule, my wife's health issues and our two young kids, a small to medium sized dog with a moderate energy level would be a huge stress relief -- almost like going on vacation. I've occasionally found myself reading about terriers with great interest. Staffordshire and Irish Terriers seem particularly appealing to me.

orionz06
12-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Bostons are a breed I have found very few people who own them don't like. Jack Russels are so damn smart they can be a pain. They will lay around scheming vengeance when not happy. I don't want a dog that smart. I can give a hearty endorsement of boxers as dumb but sweet and puppies their entire lives. A bit bigger but are still couch dogs. Another thing I have had great luck with are some of the Heinz 57 rescues....some of the best dogs are a personality and not a breed.

My Boston in an amazing little guy. Spunky but loves to hang out and relax too.

We have a Mini-Weimaraner named, "Grace." She has all the features of a regular Weimaraner, except she's 35 pounds.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161230/5200767306e995cacaec18c8db941ee2.jpg

You never said she was mini... I'll be right over!

JAD
12-30-2016, 04:00 PM
Since my better half detests this dog.

You might consider letting her pick the next dog...

Hambo
12-30-2016, 04:51 PM
I live a service pistol life with service pistol dogs: Labradors. Also, since two is one, and three is whatever, I keep two spare Labradors and two spare pistols.

RJ
12-30-2016, 04:54 PM
We got a mini-Schnauzer last year from a rescue group out of Miami.

She's about 7 or 8, has a great personality and is very loving. Very smart dog, too. For us, being around 18 lbs, she's the perfect size for cuddling. She likes her walks, but sleeps a good bit too. She does fantastic when we travel in the truck long distances, and is perfectly comfortable snoozing in her bed in back.

Schnauzers have some type of fur (hair?) which is both hypoallergenic and non-shedding. Meaning when (not if :cool:) they get up on the couch, you don't have dog hair all over the place.

Plus that face. :)

RJ
12-30-2016, 04:57 PM
We had a Jack Russell "rescue" - wife found him starving in our yard. Even when it was very old - it was still high energy.

I "use to" have JR Terrorizers. Key words there are "used to." :cool:

They are ah...a handful. Not for everyone. One I had, Gromit, I am pretty sure he could understand spoken English. It was like, "I know you are talking about me..."

Poconnor
12-30-2016, 06:04 PM
They lady I bought my first bull terrier (spuds Mackenzie ) from bred white, colored, and minatures varieties. She charged the same price for any of them , no pet vs show. Put your name on a list and come and look at a litter and pick one. If you didn't pick one come again next time. She breed bull terriers for decades but is sadly retired. This my female daisy

David S.
12-30-2016, 06:33 PM
Please, for the love all that is holy, stay away from Chihuahuas.

SeriousStudent
12-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Please, for the love all that is holy, stay away from Chihuahuas.

LOL. I had a Chihuahua named Piglet. Four pounds of fighting fury!

She would try and sneak out of the house at night, just to hunt down drug dealers.

Talk about your mouth writing checks your body cannot cash. She was absolutely fearless.

mmc45414
12-30-2016, 07:20 PM
Seth:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161231/07fd3a4407eb7c12be783117d1397827.jpg

His predecessor Astro:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161231/a118eae7c4863461a3a7fa4431a29392.jpg

We are big fans, they hang with you and don't run away.

ETA, they are really not J-frame, more like Commander or G19.

Willard
12-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Seth:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161231/07fd3a4407eb7c12be783117d1397827.jpg

His predecessor Astro:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161231/a118eae7c4863461a3a7fa4431a29392.jpg

We are big fans, they hang with you and don't run away.

ETA, they are really not J-frame, more like Commander or G19.

Beautiful poodle. It is probably just the lighting/angle or perhaps the cut, but Seth looks like he has a tumor on his ribcage. Just wanted to point it out in case there is actually something there that had gone unnoticed...not being a wise guy in any regard. Again, nice dog and I love standard poodles. Especially with a normal pet cut.

mmc45414
12-30-2016, 08:03 PM
Beautiful poodle. It is probably just the lighting/angle or perhaps the cut, but Seth looks like he has a tumor on his ribcage. Just wanted to point it out in case there is actually something there that had gone unnoticed...not being a wise guy in any regard. Again, nice dog and I love standard poodles. Especially with a normal pet cut.
Yeah, it is like a fatty bubble that has been diagnosed. They say it is nothing to worry about. [emoji3]

That was an especially good haircut for Seth, it was fresh that day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Isaac
12-30-2016, 08:16 PM
Mini poodles are stout for their size, not to be confused with toy poodles. But I think you want a maintenance free coat.

A female red nose pit is pretty small, and you could save one from the pound. Think of them as the 640 pro :-D

Willard
12-30-2016, 08:21 PM
Yeah, it is like a fatty bubble that has been diagnosed. They say it is nothing to worry about. [emoji3]

That was an especially good haircut for Seth, it was fresh that day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Good to hear. Hope he is your companion for many years. Handsome, smart looking dog.

Eastex
12-30-2016, 10:48 PM
I dream of the day when I get to actually go somewhere and pick out a dog. All of ours have been tossed out on our dirt road. Just a big old mess of brown dogs but they bark and live a life of dog Heaven out here, steady food, no fences, rabbits and possums and all the armadillos they can chase. Not much of a pedigree I guess you could say they're HiPoint dogs but we still love them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

idahojess
12-30-2016, 11:08 PM
My mom has a papillon -- very, very small dog but not terribly yappy. Weighs about 7 pounds. Her dog is quite spoiled, but it has a good watch sense and will alarm bark. It has a pretty interesting disposition for a small dog -- not like a chihuahua -- but a confident personality.

Too small for me -- but I always think the spaniel breeds have some interesting qualities for smaller dogs. American water spaniels have always seemed like neat dogs -- but I've only seen one actually hunted.

Lex Luthier
12-30-2016, 11:33 PM
Another Dachshund owner here- in this case a Standard Wire-Haired male. He's the second Wire hair I have had, and the fifth Dachs my wife has had. (Her family started owning Dachshunds in 1953.) Don't mistake the standard for anything like the little yippers- they are at minimum 25 lbs, and can get up to 40. they all have a pretty throaty bark for that size dog, and like has been mentioned, they hear everything.
Their nose is right up there with a good beagle. Also, that scissors bite is pretty fearsome.

Our guy is a very lean 32 lbs. It is true that they can be a PITA to train, but they are also good learners- our dog's dad has companion dog, earth dog, therapy dog, full obedience and agility titles, as well as heavy international showdog honors, and his mom has even more of the same.

His grandma, now nearly 8, is used by the breeder's husband as a deer tracking dog in British Columbia. Breeder's husband has trained her to stand still during stalking and rifle fire. Breeder feels ours is a good candidate for this, too.

His dad in a coursing trial, 2014

Our guy Kipper (with an unstripped coat) with our then 7-year-old granddaughter, about a year and a half back.

Some can be nippy with small kids; ours was a tad with the baby grandson, but now has proven to be very, very careful and watchful of them. He will get between them and anyone approaching aggressively.

HCM
12-30-2016, 11:36 PM
For small dogs, I would take a look at Boston Terriers or French Bulldogs depending on how active a dog you want.

Jim Watson
12-31-2016, 12:43 AM
I don't have a dog, but I have visiting privileges.
Neighbor on one side has a miniature Schnauzer that seems a reasonable dog and would be a good choice.
Guy on the other side had a miniature Dachshund, pretty worthless, although a collector of my acquaintance kept a series of standard Dachshunds that were definitely alert and he ruled them.
Gun dealer's girlfriend gave him a Jack Russell after his Labrador expired, which was a tremendous comedown, a nasty little beast.
The Sheltie who perished in my house fire was a sweetie and would woof a stranger, but was not what you would call protective.
Nicest dog I know is a friend's walk in German Shorthair. Normally calm, she lit off when I showed up in my Santa hat the other day. Too big for your specs, probably.

MichaelD
12-31-2016, 12:52 AM
My wife and I have a Chihuahua / Basenji mix. She's about 15 pounds, seldom barks, and a little on the willful side. She's playful yet loves being a bit of a lap dog as well. She's good with kids and loves to lick people. We've been on an average of a hike a week since getting her, and she's a little trooper; she'll ford streams and will do long hikes (10 miles) without complaint. Helluva little dog.

Duelist
12-31-2016, 03:02 AM

Where in the world did you get her?

SJC3081
12-31-2016, 07:20 AM
Try a Boston Terrier, study,compact, gentle with kids,easy to bath and groom,sedate and the best most loveing dog I've ever owned.

Poconnor
12-31-2016, 10:26 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. My first wife had a chihuahua. Worthless dog. Only good thing it did was burrow under the blankets every night to sleep between us. Which is only good if you like that. Pissed every where. Had to replace the carpets with hardwood floors to get rid of the smell. Had too many dogs then. A bull terrier, a pit bull rescue from a cardboard box dropped off at work. And the chihuahua. (Which was free because it wasn't house broken) I have funny pictures of all three sleeping in a dog pile. The bully just wanted to be left alone, the pit was a puppy and could leave the bully alone no matter how many times she got grabbed by the neck and taken for ride. The pit would jump on the sleeping bully and then run; the race was on until the bully got a hold of the pit and would toss her head back and forth until she threw the pit. They never really fought because the bully was 80 lbs and the pit 50 lbs. but the pit never stopped rough housing with the bully. Wife caught me last night looking at dogs online and said no dogs. :(

LittleLebowski
12-31-2016, 11:01 AM
What is your weight limit?

Poconnor
12-31-2016, 11:14 AM
I was thinking a jack Russell but I don't need a psycho dog on speed. Maybe that's why they excel in those dog obstacle courses. High prey drive. I really want another bull terrier but I will have to get my wife on board. I think most terriers respond well to a lot of training. They like the activity and the attention. Otherwise they get bored and act out. I guess that's true of most dogs and kids now that I think about it. I thought a minature bull terrier was a good compromise.

That Guy
12-31-2016, 08:58 PM
Family down the road has Dachshunds and they love 'em. Yappy little suckers

Badly trained, then. (Which seems pretty common.) Ms. 1911 is on her second Dachshund and neither one barked/barks unless there's a real reason to. At least the current one is a great watch dog, too. (I didn't know her previous dog well enough to comment in detail on. I do hear Dachshunds often have a bit of guard dog instinct in them.)

Duelist
12-31-2016, 09:18 PM
If you want a dog that isn't too big, will bark when there is a need, won't shed (but will require regular grooming), takes training well, has terrier attitude without being a PITA about it, I can think of no better suggestion than the Miniature Schnauzer. I've had several, and love them.

I have a Brittany now because birds. She sheds, and is energetic, but is the most biddable, trainable dog I've ever had, and is a cuddle monster. And isn't a great big dog, like a GSP or (normal) Weimeraner. We wanted a bigger dog than the Schnauzer we had before, but not huge. Wife doesn't like the amount of fluffy shedding, so Next Dog(tm) might be something else. Vizsla, Kerry Blue Terrier, and others are on the table. But I really like this Brittany.

gtmtnbiker98
12-31-2016, 09:21 PM
Boxer!!!!!

blues
12-31-2016, 09:27 PM
https://pistol-forum.com/image.php?u=13538&dateline=1477774499&type=profile

"Awright! Move along...nuffin' to see 'ere."

RevolverRob
12-31-2016, 09:34 PM
Another Dachshund owner here- in this case a Standard Wire-Haired male. He's the second Wire hair I have had, and the fifth Dachs my wife has had. (Her family started owning Dachshunds in 1953.) Don't mistake the standard for anything like the little yippers- they are at minimum 25 lbs, and can get up to 40. they all have a pretty throaty bark for that size dog, and like has been mentioned, they hear everything.
Their nose is right up there with a good beagle. Also, that scissors bite is pretty fearsome.

Our guy is a very lean 32 lbs. It is true that they can be a PITA to train, but they are also good learners- our dog's dad has companion dog, earth dog, therapy dog, full obedience and agility titles, as well as heavy international showdog honors, and his mom has even more of the same.

His grandma, now nearly 8, is used by the breeder's husband as a deer tracking dog in British Columbia. Breeder's husband has trained her to stand still during stalking and rifle fire. Breeder feels ours is a good candidate for this, too.

His dad in a coursing trial, 2014

Our guy Kipper (with an unstripped coat) with our then 7-year-old granddaughter, about a year and a half back.

Some can be nippy with small kids; ours was a tad with the baby grandson, but now has proven to be very, very careful and watchful of them. He will get between them and anyone approaching aggressively.

Beautiful wire hair! My last was a smooth coat red, standard, named, Audie, after Audie Murphy. He came in at a lean 30-pounds and with a heart of absolute gold and no fear. I miss that dog.

My mother-in-law has a full, longhair Dach now. I think he is a standard-mini mix because he is about 25 pounds. Lovely and sweet pup, but has had to have back surgery after a fall down some stairs. She recently got what is clearly a Chi-Weenie mix from the pound. Also a lovely little dog, but the full on definition of "high energy".