PDA

View Full Version : Quark 123 T

GJM
12-03-2011, 11:45 AM
After perusing an EDC thread here, I bought one. Got it yesterday, and couldn't get it into program mode despite reading the instructions, watching the video, and calling them. They are sending me a replacement. A buddy also got his yesterday, and same problem -- since he is smarter than me, I assume they may have a bad batch. Others with them care to comment?

rudy99
12-03-2011, 12:35 PM
After perusing an EDC thread here, I bought one. Got it yesterday, and couldn't get it into program mode despite reading the instructions, watching the video, and calling them. They are sending me a replacement. A buddy also got his yesterday, and same problem -- since he is smarter than me, I assume they may have a bad batch. Others with them care to comment?

Make sure you are twisting the head of the light and not the battery side when you are programming. I guess I had gotten used to doing that to work a light and for whatever reason was twisting the wrong side when I was trying to program. In hindsight, I don't know what I was thinking on that one.

GearScout
12-03-2011, 05:30 PM
I have been EDCing a Quark123 for a few years and it has held up wonderfully. It's my favorite little carry light and 4Sevens is a good company.

I assume they will take care of you, and I hope the issue isn't widespread.

GJM
01-04-2012, 08:33 PM
They did. Sent me a replacement, and even programmed it prior to sending to my desired modes -- high and very low. Been carrying it for a week or two, and like it.

SaddleTramp
01-05-2012, 01:25 AM
I received a Quark X "Tactical" 123.2 as a gift and I will also have to send it back for a replacement. Same problem for me, cannot get it to program, won't enter the programming mode and won't respond to turning the head, max is the only mode available. The head is also extremely difficult to twist when compared to the video's others have posted. Sounds like they will take care of it even though the site says this model is currently backordered, asked me to send it back for a replacement, anxious to get a working model.

Spr1
01-05-2012, 05:38 AM
I received one a few weeks ago that I could not get into program mode. I need to send it back.

phil_in_cs
01-05-2012, 08:28 AM
I fiddled w/ mine while watching the video for a solid 30 minutes before I figured out how to get it to program mode.

SaddleTramp
01-07-2012, 02:39 AM
Got my replacement flashlight today, this one works as advertised and it was a very fast replacement, received this one within two days of emailing 4Sevens customer service and before I have been able to send the defective unit back to them.

I can now see that the head wasn't turning on the correct axis/joint for programming on the original defective light. The new light head twists at a joint closer to the middle of the light when programming and changing modes where the original light wouldn't move at this joint at all.

Great comms and customer service from 4Sevens. Hopefully the light stands up over time, the "x" model has a good mix of both a dedicated spot and a floody throw of light with the newer XM-L emitter and the interface/programming options with the tactical model are what I was looking for.