PDA

View Full Version : Can I have some help on sights...

TGS
12-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Hi all,

My P2000 is going out to Bruce Gray for a Christmas present. I'm wondering whether or not I should get sights installed, too. I've never had any gripes about the stock sights but I don't know what I don't know in regards to a good sight picture on pistols, either. As far as I know, the only options for the P2000 would be Meprolights and Trijicons (not the HD's). I just know that I don't like XS Big Dots...no thanks.

In addition to that, what sort of notch widths should I be looking at? With regard to optional heights (if available) I'd like to get sights that I would use a lollipop hold with, rather than the HK's dot-over-target. I find small probability targets a problem at ranges greater than 7 yards since the sight has to go over the target, and the target is completely obscured so I don't even know if I'm on it.

Experiences welcome!

Thanks,
Tyler

ToddG
12-01-2011, 11:56 PM
My P2000 is going out to Bruce Gray for a Christmas present.

I'm sure Bruce will really appreciate that. It's a very generous present. Though I imagine he already has a P2000.

Re: sights, why not talk to Gray about it? You're sending him the gun and a lot of money, more if you're having him do sights. Odds are he'll have a very good idea of what they offer and how each one stacks up based on your particular wants and needs in a sight.

TGS
12-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Todd,

I was able to talk to Roy, but Bruce wasn't in. Roy stated that there wouldn't be any change in the sight picture from stock sights...i.e., I wouldn't gain any precision from the Meps or Trijicons.

Looks like I'll just stay stock.

ffhounddog
12-02-2011, 02:24 PM
I am getting a Dawson put on m P2000. You might want to give that a try.

TGS
12-02-2011, 03:12 PM
I am getting a Dawson put on m P2000. You might want to give that a try.

Dawson doesn't make sights for the P2000 according to their website. I've seen around the web that they're willing to fabricate sights if you send them you're slide, though. Is that what you're doing?

And why are you putting them on? What do they giving you that the stock sights don't?

Thanks

ffhounddog
12-02-2011, 03:21 PM
http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+FRONT%3AHK+Fron t+Sights:HK+Optic+Inserted+Front+Sights

They do. Just getting the front sight put on because that is how I have my Gen4 Glock 23 set up, I am doing that because with shooting red dots every time I go to the range with my M4s I pic up the red dot faster than the front sight.

Now I am not that great of a pistol shooter but for some odd reason I can shoot pretty good with my Gen4 G23 with fiber sight compared tothe Gen3 G23 rtf2 with night sights.

Now I should buy a TLR3 so I can buy that holster from ya.

TGS
12-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Now I should buy a TLR3 so I can buy that holster from ya.

There's a great idea! :D

Thanks for the link on the front sights. I'll think about it.