PDA

View Full Version : Battle Werx "Anti Flicker" RMR sealing plate

NickDrak
12-16-2016, 01:40 AM
http://www.battlewerx.com/anti-flicker-sealing-plate-for-trijicon-rmr-stainless/

I picked one of these sealing plates up for my RMR'd Agency G17. A dime sized round piece of electrical tape stuck onto the bottom of the battery in-conjunction with the standard Trijicon sealing plate which worked for me but this just makes too much sense. I left the electrical tape on the bottom of the battery and installed the BattleWerx sealing plate a couple of weeks ago. It seems to be rock solid.

bravo7
12-16-2016, 12:30 PM
Interesting.......thanks.

El Cid
12-16-2016, 05:35 PM
Thanks for posting that! I need 2.

I do consider it pretty pathetic that we need this for a $600 optic though. Trijicon should have done somthing like this from the factory.

NickDrak
12-16-2016, 06:35 PM
I don't believe the RMR was actually designed to be mounted to the slide of a pistol so pretty much everything the industry and individuals have done up to this point to adapt it has been a trial/error work-around.

No worries though, I'm confident that now that we've all figured out how to rig the RMR to work reliably they will release an updated RMR or Aimpoint mini red dot that will require us all to buy into a completely new, more reliable....and more expensive system.

Thanks for posting that! I need 2.

I do consider it pretty pathetic that we need this for a $600 optic though. Trijicon should have done somthing like this from the factory.

gskip
12-17-2016, 11:17 AM
What is the difference between this and the RM-63 sealing plate?

Larry Sellers
12-17-2016, 11:04 PM
If anyone wants more photos I can shoot over there, it's about 10 minutes from my front door.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gray222
12-17-2016, 11:06 PM
I'm probably gana buy two of these...

Erick Gelhaus
12-18-2016, 09:34 PM
This looks like it would assist on keeping the disk that is part of the striker block in place without other, er, methods - like tape.

PD Sgt.
12-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Just ordered a couple to try with my annual battery switch. I have not had any problems with flickering but I figure it can't hurt to try these out.

Erick Gelhaus
12-30-2016, 01:54 PM
Picked up a couple of these, installed one with an addition of ShoeGoo dollops. Immediately after installation I was bemoaning the cost of purchase & shipping as I was still getting intermittent dot failure during dry fire.

Letting it sit overnight must have done the trick. Took it to the range the next two days and fired 170rds in two sessions. Zero loss of dot issues. Duty ready? No, not yet.

Gray222
12-30-2016, 03:32 PM
I got mine in, waiting on some stuff before I mount them.