PDA

View Full Version : The horror...the horror!! (Clickbait Thread)

RevolverRob
12-06-2016, 11:15 AM
This crowd can appreciate this - Something horrific happened to me today.

I left the office about 20-minutes ago to get a cup of coffee. As I walked out across the quad, I did my customary pat-down. Wallet, keys, phone, kni....fe... - Double check. Wallet, keys, phone, kni...fe. No knife. I left the house, without a knife today. I've carried a pocket knife everyday since I was 7-years old, baring when traveling on airplanes. - How could I forget a KNIFE?! What if I have an emergency and need it? What if I need my knife to cut open a package or a string. What...what...what...am I going to do?!

So, when I got back to my office, I went straight to my bag and removed my back-up knife and placed it in my pocket. Whew...crisis averted. Well...except that now I only have one knife to get me through the day instead of two. Hopefully, I make it. :eek:

RoyGBiv
12-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Amazon has same day delivery if you live in the right place....!!
Or there's always Walmart at lunch break.

Fingers crossed! Keep us posted!

Chance
12-06-2016, 11:57 AM
I forgot my FitBit last week. Had it on 24/7 since I bought it earlier this year. Spent all day not tracking my steps, like some kind of animal.

NEPAKevin
12-06-2016, 12:18 PM
rule number 9

Kanati
12-06-2016, 12:33 PM
I feel your pain. I feel totally weird, naked doesn't cut it, if I am without a knife. Some folks get it, some don't.

I did some volunteer work in a state prison for a while. The going into the prison part wasn't near as big a deal to me as having to leave my knife in the truck.

MistWolf
12-06-2016, 12:50 PM
This crowd can appreciate this - Something horrific happened to me today.

I left the office about 20-minutes ago to get a cup of coffee. As I walked out across the quad, I did my customary pat-down. Wallet, keys, phone, kni....fe... - Double check. Wallet, keys, phone, kni...fe. No knife. I left the house, without a knife today. I've carried a pocket knife everyday since I was 7-years old, baring when traveling on airplanes. - How could I forget a KNIFE?! What if I have an emergency and need it? What if I need my knife to cut open a package or a string. What...what...what...am I going to do?!

So, when I got back to my office, I went straight to my bag and removed my back-up knife and placed it in my pocket. Whew...crisis averted. Well...except that now I only have one knife to get me through the day instead of two. Hopefully, I make it. :eek:

So, the point of this post is that you're feeling edgy and are concerned you can't make the cut

Eastex
12-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Sounds like a good reason to take the rest of the day off

RevolverRob
12-06-2016, 01:45 PM
So, the point of this post is that you're feeling edgy and are concerned you can't make the cut

https://media.giphy.com/media/Fk5eC8slR7k52/giphy.gif

That Guy
12-06-2016, 02:57 PM
So I'm reading this post on P-F, right, and wondering to myself "what kind of a person doesn't have two..."

So, when I got back to my office, I went straight to my bag and removed my back-up knife

Ah. Well that's more like it. :)

RevolverRob
12-06-2016, 03:16 PM
So I'm reading this post on P-F, right, and wondering to myself "what kind of a person doesn't have two..."

Ah. Well that's more like it. :)

Upon reflection. This situation of not having a back-up knife would not have happened to me, if I was smart and stashed a spare in my desk at the office, too. And maybe another spare in the car (I think there are already two or three in the car...). And a spare in my office at the museum. And once I return the spare in my pocket to my bag...a second spare in the bag too.

Hmm, time to order more knives? I think so.

SecondsCount
12-06-2016, 03:30 PM
I forgot my FitBit last week. Had it on 24/7 since I bought it earlier this year. Spent all day not tracking my steps, like some kind of animal.

Mine is tied to my health insurance so I lose up to $3 a day if I don't track my steps. Drives me crazy when I forget to wear it...even though it is just $3 :rolleyes:

SecondsCount
12-06-2016, 03:42 PM

My wife is down to one at the moment.

Went through airport security on Wednesday. She remembered to check her primary in the luggage but forgot about the secondary in her purse. It is making it's way back via the USPS after TSA discovered it. I feel so much safer :rolleyes:

GuanoLoco
12-06-2016, 04:32 PM
My wife is down to one at the moment.

Went through airport security on Wednesday. She remembered to check her primary in the luggage but forgot about the secondary in her purse. It is making it's way back via the USPS after TSA discovered it. I feel so much safer :rolleyes:

Ya, I've accidentally passed undetected through a mm wave machine with a folding pocket knife on my waistband. Don't be jumping to any conclusions of competency.

Glenn E. Meyer
12-06-2016, 05:06 PM
I solved this problem by taking one of numerous NRA knives I got for renewals and put it in the car. I also put in a cheap Surefire flash light. Thus, when I forget the expensive stuff - I have those.

ACP230
12-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Time for an old Norse saying: "A knifeless man is a lifeless man."

I also thought, "Go to WalMart and buy one," while reading the original post.

Malamute
12-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Glad you were able to overcome the difficulty.

I'm down to 3 or 4 daily since not working. Seems weird. When working it was always nice having spare blades if you trashed the edge of one or more, and having them easily accessible with either hand.

Had an early appointment in town, forgot the J. Had to pocket carry the g19 instead.

https://youtu.be/1Q23APsYOLs?t=2m28s

RevolverRob
12-06-2016, 09:31 PM
The far easier thing to do than hit Wal-Mart...which is about 15-miles from here. Would have been to go back to my house and grab the knife I left at home.

Fortunately, my spare got me through the day and is now back in my bag where it can be if I should need it again. No helicopter crashes on mountain-sides, no airplane crashes on deserted islands for me today. So, the one knife got me through!

That said, it is time to grab a few spares of various types to go around. I'll probably grab a few Opinels and Moras or Puukos for various places after Christmas.

-R

Gray222
12-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Confucius say, not sharp is man who has no knife.

HCM
12-07-2016, 12:55 AM
The far easier thing to do than hit Wal-Mart...which is about 15-miles from here. Would have been to go back to my house and grab the knife I left at home.

Fortunately, my spare got me through the day and is now back in my bag where it can be if I should need it again. No helicopter crashes on mountain-sides, no airplane crashes on deserted islands for me today. So, the one knife got me through!

That said, it is time to grab a few spares of various types to go around. I'll probably grab a few Opinels and Moras or Puukos for various places after Christmas.

-R

Does the Physical Anthropology Dept at work not have a skilled Flint Napper ? Obsidian is nice too.

MistWolf
12-07-2016, 11:40 PM
Take a look at the CRKT Igniter for a handy- and sharp- folding knife. I've been using one daily for the last couple three years

Andy in NH
12-08-2016, 01:13 AM
Makes sense to me...

MistWolf
12-08-2016, 07:32 PM
...or you have to stab somebody in the throat for cheesecake

Andy in NH
12-08-2016, 08:37 PM
...or you have to stab somebody in the throat for cheesecake

The end justifies the means.

:)

CCT125US
12-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Thankfully I made it home today to share a story of my own. While at the ballet studio (with my daughter) the lights in the unisex bathroom where out. Thank God I had a flashlight, and was able to complete the mission.