PDA

View Full Version : Recommended training on the Colorado Front Range

hiro
11-29-2016, 06:27 PM
I would like to get some formal training, anyone know of a range with good in house instructors or instructors visiting the area?

At this time I'm looking for pistol, carbine in the future.

Please and thank you!

:)

JackRock
11-29-2016, 08:19 PM
The Makhaira (sp?) Group in Northern Colorado comes with great reviews. There's a periodic class with the Combat Focus Shooting that's now held at Bristlecone (Lakewood) and in Nunn, CO. There was a guy out near Bennett that got some great reviews. I was going to do my CHP training with him, but a family friend is a SWAT officer and certified instructor and offered my training for free. I'm having a hard time finding the website for the Bennett guy, though.

ST911
11-29-2016, 09:24 PM
The Makhaira (sp?) Group in Northern Colorado comes with great reviews.

I'd like to hear more from any PF'er that has trained with them. http://www.makhairagroup.com/

hiro
11-30-2016, 12:53 AM
I'd like to hear more from any PF'er that has trained with them. http://www.makhairagroup.com/

I'll be looking to get my concealed carry permit shortly and they offer a pistol class over two evenings for $175. I'm in the same boat tho, I have never heard of them and know nothing of their rep, while the money and time aren't too high I'm cautious over being the PF guinea pig!

hiro
11-30-2016, 12:56 AM
The Makhaira (sp?) Group in Northern Colorado comes with great reviews. There's a periodic class with the Combat Focus Shooting that's now held at Bristlecone (Lakewood) and in Nunn, CO. There was a guy out near Bennett that got some great reviews. I was going to do my CHP training with him, but a family friend is a SWAT officer and certified instructor and offered my training for free. I'm having a hard time finding the website for the Bennett guy, though.

Jack, I've not been shooting at Bristlecone for a while now. I heard things that made me pause for thought about their range safety. I can't verify what was said but it was said by an ex SWAT guy and I've been shy of the place since.

Nuun, CO is hosting a Defoor class I would love to have felt confident enough in my abilities to sign up for, I'll keep watching, if they're gonna host people of Defoor's calibre it'd be a great place to go.

JackRock
11-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Jack, I've not been shooting at Bristlecone for a while now. I heard things that made me pause for thought about their range safety. I can't verify what was said but it was said by an ex SWAT guy and I've been shy of the place since.

If that's a concern, meet up with me some day. I live less than a mile from it (and will be moving even closer in the next two weeks). I've been a member there since literally before they opened in Jan 2015, and I cannot say there are any safety problems there at all. Sure, you get the occasional customer/shooter there that's an idiot, but they've been quickly corrected by the RSOs in every case I've seen.