PDA

View Full Version : A hearty kudos to Dark Star Gear!

Kyle Reese
11-28-2011, 07:05 AM
I recently deployed to Central Asia and quickly found myself in need of a good holster for my issued Glock 19. The issued kit was indeed servicable, but I wanted something with better retention and more comfortable carry. I made email contact with the good people at Dark Star Gear while in Kabul, who quickly shipped my order out. The staff were courteous, receptive to my needs and shipped the kit almost immediately.

I recieved a RH OWB holster for a Glock 19, and two individual magazine pouches, gratis. The quality, functionality, attention to detail and overall comfort level while carrying are all superb. Day in and day out I get compliments on the kit, and I let other team members wear it on their days off. I expect these to do pretty well over here. :cool:

Thank you again!

seabiscuit
11-28-2011, 07:50 AM
You were issued a G19? Nice. Can you tell us who you're with?

Caboose
11-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Also, do you know what the turn around time for us regular folk would be? These look nice, and just in time, as I was just thinking about how I don't especially want to wait for a Raven.

orionz06
11-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the mention!

The quoted wait time is listed in the website as 5-7 weeks and I have been unable to get it down below that as of late. I will say one thing, the holsters we make are a little narrower (less room on the belt is the goal) than the RCS holsters. That may or may not be a good thing for ya, but is worth mentioning. In some instances my stuff might not be the solution, gotta have the right stuff for the job.

LittleLebowski
11-29-2011, 06:41 PM
You were issued a G19? Nice. Can you tell us who you're with?

He cannot.

seabiscuit
11-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Understandable.