PDA

View Full Version : SATX Training Group

JM Campbell
11-23-2011, 10:41 PM
San Antonio Texas

Let's let the brass hit the dirt and improve ourselves with great company.

I'm free almost every Monday and most Saturdays.

I usually hit up Bracken Range before they open on Mondays so I can get the CHL Range all to myself. If your in the area and want to meet up shoot me a PM and I'll swap out contact info.

I have a few goals I want to reach before AFHF in ABQ in April.

John

Joseph B.
11-23-2011, 10:55 PM
AFHF in ABQ?

As long as Chuck does not have another instructor lined up for the instructor range, I am able to secure it at normal cost. I have no problem doing so, as long as everyone pays their range fee, etc. Also I have a few range props I will need to test out, next monday would be a good day for me (well as long asnothing else comes up between now and then).

JM Campbell
11-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Todd's class Aim Fast Hit Fast in Albuquerque NM http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?2292-Todd-Louis-Green-Aim-Fast-Hit-Fast-April-2012-NEW-MEXICO

Text me the fee amount and I'll scrounge it up and see you on Monday.

I also might have some barrels by then too so I can bring them along.

JM Campbell
11-27-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm still on for Monday if anyone else in the area wants to join me.

Joseph B.
11-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I should be there by 1200, I have a meeting at 0900 so unless that gets dragged out I am in. I preloaded the range prop I want to test out and I may need a little help unloading it.

JM Campbell
11-27-2011, 08:02 PM
I'll be there. I scored some 55 gallon barrels too.

Joseph B.
11-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Shit man I'm not sure I'll be able to fit them in my truck with the range prop in there.:eek:

JM Campbell
11-27-2011, 08:17 PM
No worries, I can drop them off wherever you need them.

JM Campbell
12-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Monday is around the corner. I'm sending lead downrange regardless of sleet or rain.

Feel free to join me if you want.

John

Joseph B.
12-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Monday is around the corner. I'm sending lead downrange regardless of sleet or rain.

Feel free to join me if you want.

John

Did you get that email I sent you?

I may not have time to shoot monday, but I will swing by and drop off those tie-downs at the very least...

ETA: There is a Carbine match this Saturday out at Cedar Ridge, I will be there.

JM Campbell
12-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Cool deal. I received the email also, it's been a whirlwind of a week.

I might make it out to the carbine match if the wife doesn't have plans.

John

Joseph B.
12-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Carbine match was called off due to weather... :mad:

JM Campbell
12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm still on for tomorrow. I plan to be at Bracken by 11:45 to get my preferred range. It will be good I think to run a few tests in the cold rain....builds character right?....you never know when your skill set may be called on.

John

Brit
12-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Skyline and Nick, I had a great time today. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge and gear with me! I'm looking forward to shooting with you two again.

Next time, I'll bring the 2.5" x 4" cards. :p

NickA
12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Definitely was a blast, I hope we can get a regular group going. Thanks to both of you for sharing your gear also. The HK with an LEM trigger is just different (and expensive) enough to keep me away for now, but that's the second time I've shot an M&P and it's got me.... intrigued.
Skyline -thanks for throwing together the target stands, they were great. If we can get some correctly sized FAST targets we'll be set ;)
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

JM Campbell
12-12-2011, 04:20 PM
I was raising the ceiling gents....much to my demise!

Yeah the LEM is giving me fits, but I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I just need to work harder...period.

I have to agree the M&P shoots very nicely and points very well for me.

I'm married to the HK's for awhile...if my parents can last 40+ years I can put more time into it.

Brit you shot very well keep it up buddy.

More training time I'm in.

JM Campbell
12-19-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm off this Friday and hitting the range. All are welcome to join. Reply here if you can make it, my phone is having issues with signal....guess iPhones don't like to be dropped....who knew?!? So if you try calling I'm sorry if I didn't return the call.

NickA
12-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Can't make it Friday, but I'm hoping to get out New Years Eve, probably in the morning. Really want to run some drills to establish a baseline for next year so I can get serious about practice. If anyone's interested let's try to figure out a time and place.

Brit
12-21-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm off this Friday and hitting the range. All are welcome to join. Reply here if you can make it, my phone is having issues with signal....guess iPhones don't like to be dropped....who knew?!? So if you try calling I'm sorry if I didn't return the call.

If I can get my mom to watch my son, I'm in. I'll update you soon.

JM Campbell
12-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Can't make New Years Eve, I have to work.

Fridays more of a stress relief shoot for me, and good company would sure help. My father-in law is in the hospital with complications from surgery so I need to take it out on 3x5's for a couple of hours.

NickA
12-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Brit- I'm not 100% yet myself, so don't go too far out of your way to arrange it.
Skyline -what time are you going tomorrow? I have to work until noon and am almost certainly tied up the rest of the day with family stuff, but may be able to get away. Again, don't rearrange your schedule around me.
ETA :sorry to hear about your father-in-law, hope he gets better soon.

JM Campbell
12-22-2011, 09:57 PM
My father in law passed this morning, attempting to fight off a severe infection. Funeral will be at a later date with Military Honors.

Thank You for your well wishes Nick.

I worked all day today and am looking forward to shooting, it's the first thing that I can control all week.

I'm open for anytime tomorrow.

NickA
12-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Condolences to you and your wife, i'm sorry to hear that.
I'm 99% sure I won't be able to get away, so go ahead whenever you want.

NickA
12-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Not looking good for Saturday, anybody up for Sunday or maybe Monday?

JM Campbell
12-30-2011, 10:57 AM
I should be available for Sunday. Monday is possible if my wife's plans are squared away.

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket

JM Campbell
12-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Update...boss says I'm open for Sunday or Monday, set the time and I'm there.

NickA
12-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Update...boss says I'm open for Sunday or Monday, set the time and I'm there.

Looks like Sunday for me, I'll get in touch with a time.

NickA
01-06-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm going to TRY and get out to the Bexar Community Range tomorrow afternoon, probably not until 3 or so.
Even though we all shot perfectly at 25 yards last week, I want to do some work ;)
Also IDPA classifier is Sunday at Cedar Ridge.

JM Campbell
01-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm in Atlanta currently. We just finished the burial this afternoon. I will not be back in time to improve my absolutely horrid score.

Good luck at the classifier buddy. Shoot straight and fast my friend.

JM Campbell
01-12-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm good for Saturday if anyone is up to hitting the range.

I might even glue and weight my stands this time ;)

My little project is to get this trigger control figured out and why in the heck one day I smoke the bajeebers out of a 3x5 and the next time out I'm almost praying to the powder gods for a little help.

Joseph B.
01-12-2012, 04:32 AM
John, I am very sorry to hear about your father in law, you have my condolences and your family will be in my prayers.

A buddy of mine wants to hit the range this Monday, looks like it might be a few others as well. If anyone wants to join us, we will be at Bracken on the instructor range. I am planning to get there at 1200 sharp.

JM Campbell
01-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Thank You for your kind thoughts Joseph.

I'm in for Monday too.

Brit
01-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Monday works for me too.

JM Campbell
05-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Lets get this rolling again!

I've had a schedule change at work which should match up with everyone.

Sat/Sun is good to go for me know.

I hope to make this a weekly to biweekly group that strives to better each other through competent SAFE practice.

I would also like to see this group partake in training classes together....we all process information differently and can be a great refresher in later training.
If you want to get pushed to outside your comfort zone and improve your skills please post here or PM me or NickA.

JM Campbell
05-26-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm free Sunday afternoon if any one wants to get together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

NickA
06-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I'll just put this here instead of a new thread:
Looks like we'll be getting two new indoor ranges soon. Lonestar Handgun is working on one at I-35, just north of the 410 interchange. They have a banner out and are soliciting lifetime memberships ($2000) but doesn't look like any work has started. (it will be in the old Joe Harrison Motorsports building if you're familiar with the area).
On the other side of town Nardis Gun Club is supposed to open July 1st. It's around I10 and Foster Rd/ WW White. I think Nardis is a cop shop and this is an extension of that business. Just talked to them on the phone and they're pre-selling annual memberships for $150, which includes unlimited use of the range and discounts on everything in their store. They will have rental guns including class 3, 12 lanes and a computerized target system. The guy I talked to wasn't clear on specifics of the target system though.
I hope both of these come through, either would be convenient for me on the way home from work or at lunch, and maybe I could actually practice more than once a month ;)
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

JM Campbell
06-07-2012, 07:38 PM
I'll just put this here instead of a new thread:
Looks like we'll be getting two new indoor ranges soon. Lonestar Handgun is working on one at I-35, just north of the 410 interchange. They have a banner out and are soliciting lifetime memberships ($2000) but doesn't look like any work has started. (it will be in the old Joe Harrison Motorsports building if you're familiar with the area).
On the other side of town Nardis Gun Club is supposed to open July 1st. It's around I10 and Foster Rd/ WW White. I think Nardis is a cop shop and this is an extension of that business. Just talked to them on the phone and they're pre-selling annual memberships for $150, which includes unlimited use of the range and discounts on everything in their store. They will have rental guns including class 3, 12 lanes and a computerized target system. The guy I talked to wasn't clear on specifics of the target system though.
I hope both of these come through, either would be convenient for me on the way home from work or at lunch, and maybe I could actually practice more than once a month ;)

I'm down to try Nardis, let me know when.

Lone Star......that's steep bro not worth it if I don't own a lane for 4-5 hours every time I hit the door for that price.....just saying.

NickA
06-08-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm down to try Nardis, let me know when.

Lone Star......that's steep bro not worth it if I don't own a lane for 4-5 hours every time I hit the door for that price.....just saying.

The guy at Nardis said come by and he'd give me a tour of the facility and explain things further; I'm going to try and do that next week. Hopefully I can get the specifics on the target system, range rules, etc.
Hear ya on the Lone Star deal. Just checked the initial email and it had said opening in winter 2013, sign on the building this morning says spring 2013. Since this is the second round of selling memberships, with a different plan and now at twice the price, I'll definitely be taking a wait and see approach.

JM Campbell
06-08-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm free this sat or next sat to hit it up.

SCHEDULE CHANGED AGAIN...work is killing my training.

NickA
06-08-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm free this sat or next sat to hit it up.

SCHEDULE CHANGED AGAIN...work is killing my training.

Between your work and my family... Don't they know we have shooting to do?!
It doesn't open until July 1st, which will probably be my next free weekend. I'll keep you posted.

JM Campbell
06-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Copy that!

JM Campbell
10-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Looking at this Saturday at Nardis Gun Club 10 am. It's member only from 10-12 but I should be able to use a guest pass if your not.

Let's go improve ourselves gentlemen.

NickA
10-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Aaand I just found out I probably won't make it due to family commitments, sorry dude.
Somebody go shoot with SkyLine1, it really is a nice range.

JM Campbell
10-24-2012, 08:28 AM
You owe me 1k dry fires and 20 minutes CM shadow boxing.

NickA
01-24-2013, 10:48 AM
I'll just throw this here, but: has anyone trained with Bank Miller? Looking at his history he sounds great - lots of time running the SIG Academy, DEA instructor, etc.
Just wondering if anyone has personal experience, as he's the new training director at my range.