PDA

View Full Version : Howard Leight electronic ear pro on sale today $26.99

LittleLebowski
11-07-2016, 07:44 AM
I've already got two pair, bought at $45, and I love these things. Highly recommended at this price.

Link (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001T7QJ9O/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=ratio07-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B001T7QJ9O&linkId=cb790a45fe956e220f98a484d26e4b91)

Dave Williams
11-07-2016, 08:05 AM
God I just bought 3 pair of normal ones for about the same price!

BN
11-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Thanks. I just ordered 2 sets for loaners.

blues
11-07-2016, 08:54 AM
I bought a couple pair back in August...one for me, one for the missus for use, (if time and opportunity permits), with the firearms dedicated for home defense duty. Figured it couldn't hurt to enhance communication.

(I still use my older non-powered ear pro, 3M EAR foam plugs or both depending on circumstances.)

Erik
11-07-2016, 09:24 AM
At that price, I picked up a set for a spare. Thanks for the heads up.

Jim Watson
11-07-2016, 09:24 AM
22 dB ain't much.

Ear protection runs cheap, quiet, electronic, pick two. These are cheap electronic.

I have the HL 30 dB Pro but usually wear passives.

T Smith
11-07-2016, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the link. Have two on the way.

Robinson
11-07-2016, 09:56 AM
22 dB ain't much.

Ear protection runs cheap, quiet, electronic, pick two. These are cheap electronic.

And MSA Sordins are rated at 18dB NRR. Makes me wonder how these compare to the Sordins which are much more expensive. Also, many people use the optional gel cups with the Sordins -- is the comparison apples to oranges?

Sero Sed Serio
11-07-2016, 10:02 AM
22 dB ain't much.

I've found the regular HL 22 dB versions to not be enough, but I've been really happy with their 30dB electronic version, and it's still a pretty good deal (I think I paid around $60 through Amazon).

OP that's a great deal, and thanks for the link!

Peally
11-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Odd. I find both the Sordins and HLs are totally fine as far as reducing the sound from handgun shooting. Only time I've ever had issues was with stupid-large calibre rifles with obnoxious brakes.

OlongJohnson
11-07-2016, 10:55 AM
I like these with a set of plugs inside them.

Is the original link configured to send some money back to PF?

Totem Polar
11-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Thanks. I just ordered 2 sets for loaners.

Clearly, the correct response. I just did the same. Already have 2 pairs; now I'm ready for a range party.

Thanks for the heads up, LL!

blues
11-07-2016, 11:07 AM
Clearly, the correct response. I just did the same. Already have 2 pairs; now I'm ready for a range party.

Thanks for the heads up, LL!

Seems like you should hold it down in Deaf Smith County, Texas. :p

Totem Polar
11-07-2016, 11:26 AM
Seems like you should hold it down in Deaf Smith County, Texas. :p

LOL, I've got the "Smith" thing covered (plus a GP100 or two); as to the "deaf" thing, I just double up with foam plugs. Two cheap-ass solutions that happen to go great together. :D

vcdgrips
11-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Just picked up another set and the Khanka brand case as it was 9.00 and is reviewing so well. I have the 14.99 Caseling case and was quite pleased as well.

blues
11-07-2016, 11:39 AM
LOL, I've got the "Smith" thing covered (plus a GP100 or two); as to the "deaf" thing, I just double up with foam plugs. Two cheap-ass solutions that happen to go great together. :D

I do as well, indoors. Outdoors I generally don't feel the need.

RoyGBiv
11-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Khanka brand case as it was 9.00 and is reviewing so well..
Thanks for the tip!

SJC3081
11-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Thx got two.

Robinson
11-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Bought two pair, thanks for the link.

hufnagel
11-07-2016, 05:12 PM
2 pair also.
used the part number and went through the search link at the top of the screen. hopefully the funds make it to the site.

LittleLebowski
11-07-2016, 05:20 PM

Is the original link configured to send some money back to PF?

Yup, verified by Tom.

Hambo
11-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Ordered both via links. Thanks, Dude.

cheshire_cat
11-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Thanks, good deal. Shared the link and ordered another one for a loaner.

Eastex
11-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Picked up a pair, thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay Cunningham
11-08-2016, 07:38 AM
I bought six because I couldn't buy 10.

orionz06
11-08-2016, 10:30 AM
22 dB ain't much.

It's not 22db at the frequencies we're concerned with, nor are the Sordins 18db.

And MSA Sordins are rated at 18dB NRR. Makes me wonder how these compare to the Sordins which are much more expensive. Also, many people use the optional gel cups with the Sordins -- is the comparison apples to oranges?
The HL's don't often seal entirely on people whereas the gel cups seal rather well.

The HL's with a set of Surefire plugs under them are a cheap, solid pairing to keep on hand. I have 3 pairs of HL's for just such an occasion.

Gary1911A1
11-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Thanks. Ordered one as an econonical spare pair to keep around. Almost got the case Amazon suggested too, but I have to watch a budget.

hufnagel
11-12-2016, 12:36 PM
My two came in. Now i'm regretting not getting more. Would be nice christmast gifts for my shooting buddies.

RoyGBiv
11-12-2016, 03:10 PM
My two came in. Now i'm regretting not getting more. Would be nice christmast gifts for my shooting buddies.

$35.60 (right now) is still a fair price...

Surf
11-12-2016, 11:02 PM
I have several of the Howard Leights and also the Sordins with gel caps. My entire unit also orders the HL. My Sordin Gels finally ripped on one side so I need to order new gels. The MSA's are a bit more quiet and a good bit more comfortable. The HL ears get hard over time, talking several years in the weather and can be uncomfortable all day long once this happens. Outdoor, rifle or pistol and both work fine as far as noise. Under an awning or indoors and I like to double up anyway. All in all even at the current $35, that is a great price.

Drang
11-13-2016, 12:38 AM
So I'm going to have to leave one of those "One star for the service, not the product" reviews, because apparently Amazon's delivery service needs to be told that, if the delivery address is a box at a UPS Store, they're supposed to leave it at the desk, not wait for me personally.
:mad:

Totem Polar
11-13-2016, 01:35 AM
So I'm going to have to leave one of those "One star for the service, not the product" reviews, because apparently Amazon's delivery service needs to be told that, if the delivery address is a box at a UPS Store, they're supposed to leave it at the desk, not wait for me personally.
No joke? Mine were here in 2 days; left at my UPS store box.

Duelist
11-13-2016, 07:45 AM
That's weird. I get stuff from Amazon at my UPS box all the time. Just ask my wife and her maxed out card!

hufnagel
11-13-2016, 09:22 AM
Mine came via USPS as last mile, and they delievered it at 0723 yesterday morning.

Drang
11-14-2016, 08:24 PM

Apparently my mistake was in selecting a shipping method based on price, which led to Amazon Flex delivery, which the UPS Store tells us is a big mistake. To the point that they have tried to tell Amazon how jacked up the "service" is, but amazon won't take the complaint if it is not from a articular customer for a particular order.

ST911
03-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Received the following messages from Amazon customer service. It appears that shenanigans may be afoot somewhere in the supply chain. This one on 2/27:

Attention: Important Product Safety Notification Regarding Your Amazon.com Order #

We’ve recently learned that the following product you received may differ from the product described on our website and may not perform as expected:
Howard Leight by Honeywell Impact Sport Sound Amplification Electronic Earmuff, Classic Green (R-01526)

Our records indicate you purchased this item through the Amazon.com website. If you still have this product, we strongly recommend that you stop using the item immediately. There’s no need for you to return the product.

Within the next week, Amazon will apply a balance for the purchase price to Your Account. You can view your available balance and activity here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/gc/balance/

If you purchased this item for someone else, please notify the recipient immediately of these safety concerns.

We trust you will understand the safety and satisfaction of our customers is our highest priority.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

This one, yesterday:

[Update] Attention: Important Product Safety Notification Regarding Your Amazon.com Order #

We recently let you know that the following product you received may differ from the product described on our website and may not perform as expected:
Howard Leight by Honeywell Impact Sport Sound Amplification Electronic Earmuff, Classic Green (R-01526)

Howard Leight by Honeywell did not manufacture or supply the item you previously purchased through the Amazon.com website and it is not subject to Honeywell’s warranty. Because that product may present a safety risk, we strongly recommend that you stop using the item immediately. If you purchased this item for someone else, please notify the recipient immediately of these safety concerns.

In addition to the balance for the purchase price that we will provide to your account, we would like to offer you a discount of $5 off each replacement pair of Howard Leight by Honeywell Impact Sport Sound Amplification Electronic Earmuff, Classic Green (R-01526), sold by Amazon. To claim your discount, simply visit Amazon.com, and enter the following discount code during the check-out process: HONEYWELL5 Please note that the discount is only valid for offers by Amazon, not third-party sellers.

We trust you will understand the safety and satisfaction of our customers is our highest priority.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

My account was credited as above, and messages are verified as having originated from Amazon. Anyone else experience this?

blues
03-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Received the following messages from Amazon customer service. It appears that shenanigans may be afoot somewhere in the supply chain. This one on 2/27:

This one, yesterday:

My account was credited as above, and messages are verified as having originated from Amazon. Anyone else experience this?

I purchased two pair back in August. I haven't received any notifications from amazon regarding the purchase.

hufnagel
03-04-2017, 08:19 PM
will have to keep an eye out for this.
when did you order yours?
mine were bought on 2016/11/12

ffchewy17
03-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Received the same email from Amazon. Already credited my account.

Robinson
03-05-2017, 12:40 AM
I bought two pair but have not received the email.

I will note that I don't use the muffs at all because they don't form a seal around my ears and offer no hearing protection for me.

Eastex
03-05-2017, 08:20 AM
No email here either and I've used mine a good bit and they work great.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

Clobbersaurus
03-05-2017, 08:50 AM

This. They are a great set of electronic ear pro for the price, but double plugs are cheap insurance.

BN
03-05-2017, 08:54 AM
I got 2 sets and they seem to be OK. I wonder why they told you to stop using them. I haven't gotten an e-mail.

Totem Polar
03-05-2017, 09:04 AM
No email here on my two sets either. Might be that some counterfeit units got in the supply, but not all orders were effected. Disconcerting, for sure.

scjbash
03-05-2017, 12:00 PM
Might be that some counterfeit units got in the supply

That's what happened. Read about it somewhere a few days ago.

RJ
03-05-2017, 03:39 PM
No email here on my two sets either. Might be that some counterfeit units got in the supply, but not all orders were effected. Disconcerting, for sure.

That's my guess as well.

I used to own a set of these, but upgraded to the Impact Pros (30 dB) a few years ago. I then got my MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X's when we had the forum group buy.

I use the Sordins outdoors, and still keep the Impact Pros for the local square range. I find the gel seal very comfortable and effective. Always double up with foam plugs, too.

I'm on the fence on the whole "ya but Sordins attenuate at different frequencies" argument. At some point, dBs are dBs, so that big fat set of Chinese made ear pro you bought at Harbor Freight will attenuate as well as the Sordins. They just won't last as long, or be as comfortable, or be able to hear an instructor in a class.

On topic: if I were looking for a good basic set of ear pro, I would not hesitate to buy the HLs. It is a solid product. Glad to hear Amazon is doing right by their customers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hufnagel
03-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Found this...
https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/comments/5woi4v/spoke_to_honeywell_today_about_the_howard_leight/

The issue is that counterfeit ear pro may have been sold by Amazon. The customer rep I spoke to said the way you can check is in the battery compartment. If the battery contacts are coiled spring, they are counterfeit. If they are a flat spring bar, they are legit.

Can confirm, mine are flat spring.

ETA: it appears that the seller was Pan&Cargo through Amazon. Those that got the notice, can you confirm if that was the vendor they were sold through?

blues
03-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Found this...
https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/comments/5woi4v/spoke_to_honeywell_today_about_the_howard_leight/

Can confirm, mine are flat spring.

ETA: it appears that the seller was Pan&Cargo through Amazon. Those that got the notice, can you confirm if that was the vendor they were sold through?

As are mine. Thanks for the info.

hufnagel
03-05-2017, 06:18 PM
No Problemo.

Granted there's no official word from Amazon or HL, but the seller in question (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=1&isCBA=&marketplaceID=A2EUQ1WTGCTBG2&orderID=701-2624748-7964206&protocol=current&seller=A2V1L641PNYIEQ&sshmPath=) has been delisted from Amazon, and the most recent feedback points to a buyer having been notified and refunded. So while not incontrovertible proof I'd be wary if anyone here purchased said product from said vendor.

Totem Polar
03-05-2017, 06:22 PM
This place rocks. I'll be double checking as soon as i get home.

orionz06
05-10-2017, 06:53 AM
A friend of mine found these (http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_25/1641233_WTS-Silicone-Gel-Seals-Pads-for-Howard-Leight-Impact-Sport-ear-muffs.html) a few weeks back and grabbed a set. I've been told they're solid and since I have 4 sets of Impact Sports that are useless due to the shitty OEM pads I figured I'd see about getting some. We have a small order in and have gotten the price down with a quantity bump and I figured I'd see if anyone else here wanted some as well. Looking at ~$22+shipping from me to you. If anyone is game see this thread (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?25651-Howard-Leight-Impact-Sport-Gel-Cups&p=601535#post601535), email me the quantity and we'll try to knock it out today.

Robinson
05-10-2017, 08:11 AM
I ordered a couple of the Impact Sports but they simply do not seal around my ears. I'm thinking it's because they don't fit my head right, I wonder if these would help in my case.

orionz06
05-10-2017, 08:35 AM
They don't really fit most peoples heads unless they're shaped like a milk jug. The bottom rear doesn't seal but with gel they conform much better and do seal at that location.

blues
05-10-2017, 08:46 AM
They don't really fit most peoples heads unless they're shaped like a milk jug. The bottom rear doesn't seal but with gel they conform much better and do seal at that location.

Tempting but that just adds too much to the cost for my usage. Especially since I only wear them at indoor ranges where I double up. Outdoors I just use 3M Classic E-A-R's. And 99% of my shooting is done outdoors. Not your fault but if the price were a bit less I'd probably jump just because.

orionz06
05-10-2017, 08:49 AM
There's no reason HL couldn't sell the Impact Sports for $80 with plump gel cups, they'd work for nearly everyone.

blues
05-10-2017, 08:55 AM
There's no reason HL couldn't sell the Impact Sports for $80 with plump gel cups, they'd work for nearly everyone.

You're probably right about that.

blues
05-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Tom, would you mind very much changing your profile from "STAFF" to "Enabler In Chief". Sigh...

:p

Drang
05-10-2017, 09:03 AM
I'll take two sets.

Robinson
05-10-2017, 09:17 AM
I'm in for two and sent the email. Crossing my fingers.

critter
05-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Yep, I couldn't pass this up either. Post went up at 7:53, sent email at 8:04. Couldn't even wait the requisite 15 minute impulse buy cool off period. Hopefully this'll pan out.

orionz06
05-21-2017, 09:39 PM
What's the status on this?

I am getting set up to deal them though the prices I can get and the prices he sells them for make it a wash for me if they go out flat rate... They'll be an item on my site soon.

DMF13
05-21-2017, 10:19 PM
I am getting set up to deal them though the prices I can get and the prices he sells them for make it a wash for me if they go out flat rate... They'll be an item on my site soon.

Will they also fit these:
https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Amplification-Electronic-R-01902/dp/B007BGSI5U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1495422993&sr=8-2&keywords=howard+leight+impact+pro

orionz06
05-21-2017, 10:22 PM
Will they also fit these:
https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Amplification-Electronic-R-01902/dp/B007BGSI5U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1495422993&sr=8-2&keywords=howard+leight+impact+pro

At a quick glance I would guess yes but it's tough to say. They're the same shape but I can't say for sure.

DMF13
05-21-2017, 11:40 PM
At a quick glance I would guess yes but it's tough to say. They're the same shape but I can't say for sure.Thanks, I might have to give them a try. I have a set of the Impact Pros, but just like the Impact Sports, the earseals are horrible.

orionz06
05-21-2017, 11:49 PM
Thanks, I might have to give them a try. I have a set of the Impact Pros, but just like the Impact Sports, the earseals are horrible.

One thing to note, I did add a disclaimer to the listing and I don't know if/how refunds/exchanges will be handled if at all. I'm merely using my site to facilitate the thing.

DMF13
05-22-2017, 12:04 AM
One thing to note, I did add a disclaimer to the listing and I don't know if/how refunds/exchanges will be handled if at all. I'm merely using my site to facilitate the thing.Cool, thanks. For $30, I can risk them not working. Hell, my Impact Pros have been gathering dust a couple of years, after taking a risk on those, and they cost $60!

Drang
05-22-2017, 02:19 AM
My order is in.
Thanks!

Robinson
05-22-2017, 08:57 AM
Ordered! thx

WobblyPossum
05-22-2017, 09:43 AM
Order placed.