PDA

View Full Version : G19 high POI/sight question

peterb
11-06-2016, 01:28 PM
I've got a Gen4 G19 that was showing a high POI with all loads. My initial quick & cheap fix was to replace the factory plastic 6.5 mm rear sight with the 6.1mm version, installed reversed so it was solid black. That worked reasonably well for me with a Glock metal front, painted orange for my old eyes. The angled face of the plastic rear could glare in some conditions.

Looking for something similar but with even more contrast, I installed the Ameriglo GL -644 Spaulding set -- CAP orange front, serrated black rear. http://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/products/glock-spaulding-sets?variant=7576695745
I like the sight picture, but I'm back to a high POI with all loads. I suspect that any standard G19 set will have the same issue on this gun.

Is there a taller CAP option? Or a lower rear sight that'll work with the CAP front?

JCS
11-06-2016, 01:40 PM
I had this problem recently when I went from stock night sights to Trijicon hds. My gun was shooting 3 inches high at 7 yards.

My solution was to get a taller front sight and it helped. I googled the problem and it seems pretty common with aftermarket sights.