PDA

View Full Version : Ran into a PF member this past Sunday!

Jay Cunningham
11-01-2016, 06:35 AM
William B. correctly noticed I had a Gadget on my Glock 19 so I naturally asked him what his PF screenname was!

A great shooter and up-and-coming instructor who represents the PF community quite well with his attitude and abilities.

Great to meet you, dude!

BN
11-01-2016, 07:21 AM
I shoot some IDPA with him. He is good people. :)

Aray
11-01-2016, 07:22 AM
Absolutely agree. Good to see a good dude who is skilled throwing his hat into the ring. It was great to meet you William B.

Al T.
11-01-2016, 10:50 AM
There's "clusters" of us out there. Three here in Columbia and the Georgia crowd is pretty robust. We ought to have a secret handshake or something..... :)

William B.
11-01-2016, 11:24 AM
William B. correctly noticed I had a Gadget on my Glock 19 so I naturally asked him what his PF screenname was!

A great shooter and up-and-coming instructor who represents the PF community quite well with his attitude and abilities.

Great to meet you, dude!

Thanks, Jay. Those words hold some weight coming from you.

I'm based out of the Wheeling, WV area and am solely teaching pistol. I'm trying to keep the classes small - like 2 students per class - right now since it's just me and I'm learning to run a safe firing line.

A little about my background: I was a Marine infantryman for 8 years and started shooting pistols seriously around 2010 (a decision that was heavily influenced by Pistol-Forum and M4C) I've attended 9 non-military professionally taught firearms classes including 2 private classes from Bob Vogel. I began competing in local IDPA and Steel Challenge matches last year with the likes of Bill Nesbitt and Rob Wren. I'm currently classified as a SS in IDPA's ESP division and am working on/hoping to earn Master in the next year or so. I held 3 instructor certifications and taught 2 courses in the Marine Corps and just got my NRA Pistol Instructor cert this year.

I also have a blog if that's your thing or if you have gear or classes that you want reviewed: http://williambrownhandgunnery.blogspot.com/

I'm on FB, too. My FB page is a lot more active than my blog: https://www.facebook.com/williambrownhandgunnery/

I haven't posted much on here in the past. Mostly just read. I'll try to be a little more active in the future, though, and will post class openings. Please let me know if you have any questions and thanks for the formal welcome, guys!

William B.
11-01-2016, 11:28 AM
There's "clusters" of us out there.

There certainly are. I moved from the Northern VA cluster to the OH/PA cluster.

William B.
11-01-2016, 11:33 AM
Absolutely agree. Good to see a good dude who is skilled throwing his hat into the ring. It was great to meet you William B.

Thanks. You, too, Aray.

Jay Cunningham
11-01-2016, 12:15 PM
There certainly are. I moved from the Northern VA cluster to the OH/PA cluster.

The NOVA Cluster is a big Cluster.

Wait, I'm not sure that came out right.

Or did it.........?

voodoo_man
11-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Sweet!

I find it interesting how many instructors are members here....

Corey
11-01-2016, 11:55 PM
That is great when you meet someone you sort of know like that.

There is a small cluster of P-F people here along the Wasatch front. Maybe I should keep an eye out for some of them.

Al T.
11-02-2016, 05:40 AM
Corey, at the April/Givens class, IIRC, it was Dr. Z who noted at lunch that switched on gun guys are our "tribe". I think that's an accurate assessment. I've found a couple of good buddies by noticing their LaRue hats.

CCT125US
11-02-2016, 08:58 AM
I think LON outed me as a forum member, since I was shooting a P30 from AIWB during steel challenge.

RJ
11-02-2016, 09:11 AM
There's "clusters" of us out there. Three here in Columbia and the Georgia crowd is pretty robust. We ought to have a secret handshake or something..... :)

Yeah...or maybe like, you know, a low-profile, no-top-button hat with a discreet PF logo...or something...:cool:

Clobbersaurus
11-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Sweet!

I find it interesting how many instructors are members here....

As a non-instructor, that is one of the many things I really appreciate about this forum.

The signal to noise ratio is lower as a result as well.