PDA

View Full Version : no spaces between words in Google Chrome

jlw
10-28-2016, 04:43 PM
When I type a post in Google Chrome (on a Mac), I am not getting spaces in between the words. Itlookslikethis. This is a recent development. It doesn't occur with other browsers, and it didn't occur with Google Chrome on a PC today.

voodoo_man
10-28-2016, 07:12 PM
Sounds like a keyboard issue...

LOKNLOD
10-28-2016, 07:18 PM
Okay, I have the same issue.

It is limited to when I try to do a quick reply (text box opens at the bottom of the page). If I "go advanced" and to a dedicated page is it not an issue. I figured it was an issue on my end.

I'm also using Chrome, on a Win7 computer. (This post is via Tapatalk though).

jlw
10-28-2016, 09:55 PM
Can you post a screenshot and let me know what version of Chrome you are using?

FWIW, I'm using Chrome on a Mac (Version 54.0.2840.71 which is the latest), and I'm not seeing this problem.

Itlookslikethis.Ihitthereplywithquotebutton.11365

Version 54.0.2840.71 (64-bit)

jlw
10-28-2016, 09:55 PM
If I just hit the reply to thread button at the bottom of the page, it is normal, like this.

LOKNLOD
10-29-2016, 12:01 AM
Okay, back at a computer now...
Mine has been doing what jlw shows, in the same situation, but now it's not doing it. Go figure.

theJanitor
11-04-2016, 02:56 PM
was there any conclusion to this mystery? it's happening to me on another forum that utilizes the same forum software.

JAD
11-04-2016, 03:06 PM
I have encountered it. A workaround is hitting the return key.

LOKNLOD
11-04-2016, 03:07 PM
I've not been able to reproduce it on my computers/browsers. It's likely some issue with the JavaScript that implements the quick editor thing. If it persists, I'll just disable that feature.

I wouldn't disable it, when it works it's nice so it's always worth a shot :cool:

Hot Sauce
11-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Can you post a screenshot and let me know what version of Chrome you are using?

FWIW, I'm using Chrome on a Mac (Version 54.0.2840.71 which is the latest), and I'm not seeing this problem.

I'm getting it, too. The workaround is to type at the very top of the box. For example, if you quote someone {QUOTE}...{/QUOTE} if you start typing right after the quote, the spacing work fine.

It'sifyouclicklowerdowntothenextlinethatthespacing stopsworking.

Sounds like a keyboard issue...

Definitely not.

voodoo_man
11-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Definitely not.

I don't use apple anything but I've had this type of thing happen and it was because the update for android changed my custom keyboard setup and turned off auto-correct/auto-space/replace/etc.

Peally
11-04-2016, 05:40 PM
EverythingseemstobeworkingformeonChromeasfarasIcan telltoday.

Hot Sauce
11-05-2016, 03:17 PM
I don't use apple anything but I've had this type of thing happen and it was because the update for android changed my custom keyboard setup and turned off auto-correct/auto-space/replace/etc.

It's happening on a PC.

voodoo_man
11-05-2016, 04:59 PM
It's happening on a PC.

Drivers.

Uninstall, reinstall.

Malamute
11-05-2016, 05:49 PM
If were doing odd computer stuff, any idea why sometimes the cursor can make the page go up or down clicked on the right side screen scroll arrows, as does the arrow keys, but if I reply to a thread, the only way the page will move is click and drag the scroll bar thing on the right side of the page. Its intermittent, here and elsewhere.

My computer slows, then often locks up and get notices that IE isn't working or tries to recover the page, but if I have the tracking protection on, it doesn't. The tracking protection also keeps things like youtubes from appearing as an image on the page, and many posted images. This locking up only happens here. It seems like the ads with built in videos are part of what overloads the computer. The tracking protection stops them and the locking up. Any ideas?

Have windows 7 and IE something or other ancient version.

Hot Sauce
11-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Drivers.

Uninstall, reinstall. Which ones?

voodoo_man
11-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Which ones?

https://media.giphy.com/media/sUNqplVFtsctW/giphy.gif ...of them

Seriously though is it a wires keyboard? Wireless? What build of chrome? Uninstall chrome and reinstall.

JackRock
11-07-2016, 12:18 PM
I see this same behavior, but not on PF. On DefensiveCarry, I see the exact same thing as described here. Works when "Going Advanced", but not in the Quick Reply box. Both are VBulletin software, but I don't know if there's any version difference.

I'm running Win7 on Chrome 54

Hot Sauce
11-07-2016, 06:31 PM
...of them

Seriously though is it a wires keyboard? Wireless? What build of chrome? Uninstall chrome and reinstall. Up to date Chrome, wired everything. Yeah, I can try that with Chrome.