PDA

View Full Version : Cardboard targets

Eastex
10-23-2016, 09:59 AM
I have access to a lot of cardboard at work and was thinking I'd like to cut out some USPSA or IDPA style targets for practice at home. My question was what would be the easiest way to cut up a large quantity? Box cutters only going to be good for one or maybe two at a time. I'm thinking about clamping up a stack and using the jigsaw or maybe reciprocating saw, I'm just trying to figure if there's a better blade for this than the normal ones I have. Has anyone tried this or have a better way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JCS
10-23-2016, 10:04 AM
I made a few and found a couple things made it easier.

First I made a template. That took the most time. After the template I just traced the outline then cut them with one of the wife fabric wheel cutters. It was very easy.

Then I made paper outlines for the a, c and d zones and traced them with a sharpie.

RolandD
10-23-2016, 11:49 AM
I have access to a lot of cardboard at work and was thinking I'd like to cut out some USPSA or IDPA style targets for practice at home. My question was what would be the easiest way to cut up a large quantity? Box cutters only going to be good for one or maybe two at a time. I'm thinking about clamping up a stack and using the jigsaw or maybe reciprocating saw, I'm just trying to figure if there's a better blade for this than the normal ones I have. Has anyone tried this or have a better way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have seen jig saw blades with a knife edge, should work better.

LOKNLOD
10-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Bread knife.

funkymonkey1111
10-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Jigsaw works well. Can do as many as the saw blade allows (7-10ish) Clamp together, trace the template with your saw, and you've got tons of targets in no time