PDA

View Full Version : So, what happens now

Slavex
10-10-2016, 05:27 PM
With IPSC now having voted themselves the power to sanction USPSA when a region other than the USA holds a USPSA match, and USPSA responding with a very very well thought out letter basically telling IPSC off, what happens now? Will IPSC really be able to start a region in the USA? is there really any interest? Will the average USPSA member even care??

Edwin
10-10-2016, 05:37 PM
I was hoping to eventually travel and compete across Latin America but now I have to put that on hold to see what happens with this clusterfuck.

LittleLebowski
10-10-2016, 05:40 PM
How about a little background info?

Luke
10-10-2016, 05:42 PM
I was hoping to one day travel the world and pretend I'm slavex :(

Luke
10-10-2016, 05:43 PM
How about a little background info?

http://www.doodieproject.com/index.php?/topic/5048-uspsa-vs-ipsc-cage-match/

BCL
10-10-2016, 07:08 PM
My personal opinion, since I'm never going to attend the World Shoot, is screw IPSC. Vince needs to stop being so controlling and may have finally overstepped. Glad Foley isn't going to bend over for this one.

I'm not sure that there are 2k people interested in becoming IPSC-USA members. Time will tell.

RJ
10-10-2016, 07:19 PM
I'm one of those USPSA members who has shot 1 match to date.

I'm not sure exactly what IPSC is, nor do I really care at this point.

If (from what I understand) it saves USPSA $100K (don't quote me, this is what I recall sans Google) then great. I don't quite see what USPSA needs with spending $100K. It is the "US" PSA, after all.

RJ
10-10-2016, 07:24 PM
http://www.doodieproject.com/index.php?/topic/5048-uspsa-vs-ipsc-cage-match/

Read this with interest.

I support Mr. Foley 100%.

Slavex
10-10-2016, 08:02 PM
While I'm sure everyone knows my feelings about Vince, this is above his pay grade and goes to the top, sadly a Canadian. I heard rumors of Nick announcing his retirement in Hungary at the general assembly, but, obviously, that didn't happen.

45dotACP
10-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Interesting...I see that 100K being much more effectively spent on the USPSA membership. No offense to the IPSC guys.

Luke
10-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Ben is a super smart guy. Probably knows more about uspsa than anyone else. If he's against splitting, I have to imagine there's a good reason.

Clobbersaurus
10-10-2016, 09:32 PM
While I'm sure everyone knows my feelings about Vince, this is above his pay grade and goes to the top, sadly a Canadian. I heard rumors of Nick announcing his retirement in Hungary at the general assembly, but, obviously, that didn't happen.

You know, I just googled the current executive of IPSC, and I could be damned if I could find it. Who are they?

45dotACP
10-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Ben is a super smart guy. Probably knows more about uspsa than anyone else. If he's against splitting, I have to imagine there's a good reason.

No offense to Ben...but he's also one of the guys going to France pretty soon now...not saying there's not a good reason to stay, but I'd be interested in seeing what his point of view is...

Lomshek
10-10-2016, 11:04 PM
With IPSC now having voted themselves the power to sanction USPSA when a region other than the USA holds a USPSA match, and USPSA responding with a very very well thought out letter basically telling IPSC off, what happens now? Will IPSC really be able to start a region in the USA? is there really any interest? Will the average USPSA member even care??

The average USPSA member will never even notice except that USPSA will have an extra $33,333 a year they're not sending to IPSC that is hopefully used on USPSA programs.

I'm a rinky dink match director of a small club (20-30 shooters per month) and can confidently say none of us will ever do an international event.

That's not to dismiss the shooters who do compete in IPSC events BUT it sounds like this is something that will only affect a very small percent of USPSA shooters.

Am I understanding it right that IPSC charges each member organization a fee based on the total number of members they have so the USPSA has in effect been carrying the water for many (much like the UN) with voice no greater than the smallest contributor?

olstyn
10-11-2016, 12:03 AM
If he's against splitting, I have to imagine there's a good reason.

I think it would be reasonable to go down the middle ground of not spending $100K to sponsor sending a team to worlds while remaining affiliated with IPSC. I have to imagine most of the shooters who would go to worlds are sponsored; let them work out the travel costs with their sponsors vs passing that down to the rest of the USPSA membership. Seems like, as others have said, that $100K could be spent in other ways that would provide benefit to a larger number of members, or the organization as a whole. What's the total nationwide attendance at section/state matches and area matches? Lunch at the MN section match this year was $8. $33333/$8 is almost 4200 lunches, just for example. :)

Luke
10-11-2016, 06:10 AM
No offense to Ben...but he's also one of the guys going to France pretty soon now...not saying there's not a good reason to stay, but I'd be interested in seeing what his point of view is...

He has already said this won't change his plans for worlds. He has a spot on the tanfoglio factory team.

Cory
10-19-2016, 12:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67LtqkvfNN4

Basically, It's my understanding that Ben wants to stay in IPSC because it doesn't make sense to divide the Sport here in the US into two different camps. He seems to be fine with removing the funding for international teams (although that may hurt the amount we win).

IPSC doesn't regulate the rules for USPSA, and doesn't have a division that draws shooters away from USPSA in the states. So that is a good thing, right?

This is really an argument between IPSC director, and USPSA director. The problem is some people in the Philippians want to shoot USPSA instead of IPSC. But the regional director doesn't want other people that he can't control on his turf. So now the entire ISPC and USPSA are in a glorified pissing match because some folks prefer the USPSA rule book. As a result the IPSC states that USPSA events can't be held outside the US without the approval of IPSC regional director of match location giving approval.

The solution in my opinion? USPSA stays as part of the IPSC, and the IPSC regional director for the Philippians approves the USPSA matches there. If someone in the Philippians wants to try USPSA instead of IPSC... then let them. Have them shoot both USPSA and IPSC if they want. Why is more opportunity for the shooter, and competition and participation in the sport a bad thing? If the RD wasn't such a power hungry knuckle head why would this be a problem?

Or have the Philippians create there own association like USPSA and have them sanctioned as the IPSC region...

AS far as the funding for overseas teams... It doesn't hurt the organization then why change? Maybe like Ben said on his show send some folks to other matches that function better to improve matches here in the US instead. But it isn't hurting the general membership to have US shooters at world matches. Isn't having our country compete against other shooters a good thing? Even if it's a limited few?

I'm not a USPSA member yet. So maybe nothing I think is valid. Who knows.

-Cory

Peally
10-19-2016, 12:16 PM
I'm OK with staying in IPSC. If we can also reorganizing their screwed up FIFA loving organization and chuck useless ol' Vince, the ancient president, and their brown nosers away forever. They are a fairly nicely broken organization.

For the record I'm being really mild with my thoughts on Vince there. He is a root problem that needs to be gone.

Jim Watson
10-19-2016, 04:28 PM
Why should USPSA pay to be able to call themselves a region in IPSC? They haven't followed the same rules for decades. Same as NFL affiliating with a soccer league. I don't see much chance of IPSC coming in and setting up still another sanctioning office. We have USPSA and IDPA and untold numbers of outlaw matches that ought to satisfy the interests of all but a few globetrotting shooters.