PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Introduction

JB326
11-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Hello guys.
Somehow I've managed to never find this site until I got directed here today by a couple of friends, but I'm very glad to have gotten here when I did. My name is John and I'm on a never ending quest to be the best shooter I can be. As for my background, I started shooting with my Dad when I was about 5. I've hunted off and on my whole life, but I've always preferred shooting over sitting in a tree all day.

Fast forward a bit, and I began my career in LE back in 2004. Since then, I've had some pretty decent shooting and training opportunities, and most recently I was selected to join our training cadre. I am quite blessed to work at an agency where GOOD training is valued and we do a lot of it compared to most other agencies in the area. I take my recent selection very seriously, and I'm trying to make myself better so that I can make the deputies I train better. I've been all over this site this evening, and I can already tell that this will be a great tool in making me better at what I do. Beyond that, I also serve as a Marksman/ Observer on our part time tac unit, and primary duty is a narcotics investigator.

Outside of the "real job", I started up a small custom Kydex outfit, and that has really taken off for me. One day I'd like to get into gear making and training full time but I know that will be on down the road a good ways. I also have an awesome wife and three great kids, and I'm getting ready to really introduce shooting to my oldest son who just turned 5.

I am sincerely looking forward to getting involved with the site here, and thank you all for having me!

JDM
11-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Welcome, John. Glad to have another cop amongst us.

Got a link for your Kydex gear?

JB326
11-20-2011, 01:14 AM
I do, but I didn't want to step on any advertising rules... If this against the rules, PLEASE take it down. I don't want to be "that guy".

My site is <holding off for Todd's blessing>.

Thanks for asking, and thanks for the welcome. I've already got to make a range date so that I can baseline myself on some drills.

JDM
11-20-2011, 01:30 AM
I do, but I didn't want to step on any advertising rules... If this against the rules, PLEASE take it down. I don't want to be "that guy".

My site is trotac.com, and my company is Trojan Tactical.

Thanks for asking, and thanks for the welcome. I've already got to make a range date so that I can baseline myself on some drills.

Send a message to ToddG or another staff member. I'm pretty sure you need to make your intentions clear, and that's it.

F-Trooper05
11-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Welcome aboard.

mscott327
11-20-2011, 04:51 AM
Welcome to the forum.

ToddG
11-21-2011, 11:01 AM
PM sent. Short version, though, is that we have no problem with folks who want to show their pistol-related wares as long as they don't turn the forum into a "For Sale" cart.

JB326
11-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Now that I have Todd's blessing, I will proudly tell all that my company is Trojan Tactical and my primary outlet is my website, TROTAC.com. I never intended to make a business of Kydex-smithing but I was pushed and prodded into it after making some stuff for a few buddies. Since those buddies and I are all cops, and mostly plainclothes guys at that, the primary concerns for any piece of gear I make is bomb/ cop-proofness and concealability. Thanks for the opportunity for me to get that out there, now back to the training!

firearmsfred
01-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Hello Everyone!

This is John Rau. I am a NRA instructor. I find some pretty good stuff being discussed. Looking forward participation in real soon.

JDM
01-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Welcome!

BaiHu
01-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Welcome to the party, pal :)

Glad to have a new addition and your site looks like it's coming along nicely.

Good luck and congrats on your training appointment.

Super J
01-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Welcome John