PDA

View Full Version : Krauthammer: In normal election year, Obama’s legacy would be siphoning off support

Wendell
10-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Only amid the most bizarre, most tawdry, most addictive election campaign in memory could the real story of 2016 be so effectively obliterated, namely, that with just four months left in the Obama presidency, its two central pillars are collapsing before our eyes: domestically, its radical reform of American health care, aka Obamacare; and abroad, its radical reorientation of American foreign policy – disengagement marked by diplomacy and multilateralism.
http://www.pressherald.com/2016/10/07/charles-krauthammer-in-normal-election-year-obamas-legacy-would-be-siphoning-off-support-for-his-party/ (http://www.pressherald.com/2016/10/07/charles-krauthammer-in-normal-election-year-obamas-legacy-would-be-siphoning-off-support-for-his-party/)

David S.
10-08-2016, 09:08 AM
When was the last time we had a "normal election year"?

What does that even mean anymore?

Gray222
10-08-2016, 11:25 AM
As if no one called this?

We knew it wasn't if it was when it would all fall down. If Hitlery gets in it'll be 10x times worse and it'll be a very serious issue for our country.

Greg
10-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Between Clinton, Johnson and Trump as the 3 choices with any mathematical shot at winning (actually, Clinton has the only realistic path to 270+) we are royally boned this election. All 3 choices suck.

IMHO, The best realistic hope is Clinton having to contend with a GOP controlled House and Senate. The odds of divided government plunge if Trump gets blown out of the water.

A week ago, Trump was up by 15 points in Utah so I felt safe writing in my dog's name. Now I dunno... other than the fact that we are boned.

To Wendell's point, Yeah - the epic failures of the Obama administration should be obvious to all but Obama has a 55% approval rating and the media is carrying water for him and Hillary. I find this funny on one level because both Hillary and Obama loathe the same media that sucks up to them,

Hillary's rope lines and no press conferences. Obama admin bugging the Associated Press offices and spying on James Rosen.