PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with TFTT in CA?

Nik the Greek
11-18-2011, 05:03 AM
http://tftt.com/

Someone was recommending this training facility to me. I know some gentlemen here already suggested http://www.internationaltactical.com/index.html

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the TFTT and any information to impart.

(Apologies if this is the wrong section, it seemed most apropos)

Kevin B.
11-18-2011, 08:32 AM
I know Scott Reitz and Brett McQueen well and consider them friends. Scott has a wealth of experience and I have been fortunate enough to train with him several times. I do not subscribe to everything he teaches but I highly recommend taking a course from him if you have the opportunity to do so.

I know off TFTT/Max Joseph by reputation only. I have heard generally favorable things.

Between the two, my money would go to ITTS.

HCM
11-18-2011, 11:10 AM
They both provide first rate instruction.

I attended the ITTS Vehicle Assault Course several years ago and I would take it again in a heartbeat. Scott Reitz is an excellent Instructor, His solid background on the “two way range” is reflected in the program of instruction.

I also know of TFTT/Max Joseph by reputation only, however, TFTT has a strong following among law enforcement here in TX. Max Joseph is perhaps best known for having developed "position Sul" while training LE in Brazil., another “two way range” environment.

Odin Bravo One
11-18-2011, 11:23 AM
I trained with Max during a week long course, and would recommend anyone to do the same. I also spent more time and money than I had to spend with Brett and Uncle Scotty @ ITTS when I lived on the wrong coast. Different spins, but both provide top quality instruction. Time and money spent with either is time and money well spent.

Nik the Greek
11-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the input!

Jeff22
02-13-2012, 03:46 AM
I took the 2 day version of the TFTT Advanced Pistol Operator's Course from Max Joseph in June of 2010.

I quite enjoyed it, learned a few new things, had a good review of a bunch of things I already knew. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

He's coming back to my area for a bunch of classes in August of this year, and I hope to go to the TFTT carbine class.