PDA

View Full Version : P30 Help, Before I jump feet first.

krazykiddjoe
11-15-2011, 10:57 AM
I came across a smoking deal on a P30, its a SA/DA currently with night sights and 6 mags for $775, I would like to know two things.

I would like to remove the right side slide release and leave it off. My grip on the gun, (left handed, extremely high grip) doesn't lock the slide back due to my support hand, I agree I shouldn't necessarily change a gun to fit me i should grip differently, I drop the slide with my trigger finger and have on Glocks for almost a decade at this point... So I don't need the lever. Do I need any parts to replace the lever or just remove it and move on?

I would like to convert the gun to LEM with ToddG's setup for springs. Is this possible.
I understand it may be better to find a gun with the LEM but this deal is excellent to get into the platform and I can shoot it as is til I'm able to convert it.

Thanks
KKJ

JM Campbell
11-15-2011, 11:03 AM
You can piece together a LEM kit, although it will not have factory warranty support afterwards.

The levers can be replaced with p2000 levers or p2000 slim levers. Do a search on those here and you will find part numbers.

You CAN NOT run it without a lever. They capture each other on the slide.

LOKNLOD
11-15-2011, 06:39 PM
I agee with Skyline1... by the time you mess with any LEM conversion, any savings are somewhat lost and you've got a bit of a bastardized gun. It's one thing to talk conversion if you already have one you're stuck with and want to switch, but buying the wrong one with the intent of converting is a false economy. That's like buying a car with a manual tranny because it's cheaper and planning to convert it to automatic later.

JodyH
11-15-2011, 07:19 PM
You CAN NOT run it without a lever. They capture each other on the slide.
Incorrect.
The right side lever can be removed with no adverse effect on function.
It looks like shit, but it'll still function just fine.

JM Campbell
11-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Learn something new every day. Thanks for pointing that out.

JHC
11-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Me too. I thought sending DA/SA guns to HK for the light LEM conversion was the normal thing since few or none set up like that are sold in the US.

wrt81
11-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Me too. I thought sending DA/SA guns to HK for the light LEM conversion was the normal thing since few or none set up like that are sold in the US.

That is the case with the HK45 and HK45c. They can be converted easily.

The P series (P2000, P2ksk, & P30) are not made to be converted, but as stated above some have done it. I've never heard of any issues with it as far as reliability/function but HK does not recommend it, and won't warranty it so that's good enough reason for me

nwhpfan
11-16-2011, 01:22 AM
Except for a couple extra mags; the deal doesn't make sense to me when you figure in the cost of the LEM parts. Probably just better off seeking out a LEM version to begin with.

JHC
11-16-2011, 10:42 AM
That is the case with the HK45 and HK45c. They can be converted easily.

The P series (P2000, P2ksk, & P30) are not made to be converted, but as stated above some have done it. I've never heard of any issues with it as far as reliability/function but HK does not recommend it, and won't warranty it so that's good enough reason for me

Very helpful. Thanks much.

gtmtnbiker98
11-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Me too. I thought sending DA/SA guns to HK for the light LEM conversion was the normal thing since few or none set up like that are sold in the US.That's the case with all models with the exception of those starting with a "P."

ubervic
11-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Or take a simpler route: Order a new P30 LEM v2 online at anywhere from $830-$850 shipped, then spend about $20 in two (2) springs required for the Todd Green Special and do it yourself.

Yes, this is ~$100 more than you're looking to spend on the v3 version, but it's easier and much lower labor & risk to get the pistol set-up the way you want it starting with an LEM version.

JM Campbell
11-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Cheaperthandirt.com has p30 mags for $29 too