PDA

View Full Version : Missouri - Constitutional Carry

Shellback
09-15-2016, 06:47 AM
Good news for Missouri. (http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2016-09-14/gun-rights-voting-restrictions-up-for-overrides-in-missouri) I believe it's the 11th state to pass "Constitutional Carry."

Missouri's Republican-led Legislature used its supermajority Wednesday to significantly loosen the state's gun laws and potentially tighten its voting requirements as lawmakers overrode numerous vetoes of Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon.

The sweeping guns legislation would allow most adults to carry concealed weapons without needing a permit while also expanding people's right to defend themselves both in public and private places. The elections law change would require people to show a government-issued photo ID at the polls starting in 2017, if voters also approve a proposed constitutional amendment on the November ballot...

Lawmakers overrode 13 vetoes Wednesday while adding to Nixon's record as the most overridden governor in Missouri history, a distinction made possible by an era of extreme political division in the Capitol. Heading into Wednesday, lawmakers had successfully overridden Nixon on 83 bills and budget expenditures over his two terms in office — nearly four times more overrides than the combined total for all other governors dating back to 1820 when Missouri was still a territory...

Kyle Reese
09-15-2016, 07:20 AM
Outstanding!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Exurbankevin
09-15-2016, 03:18 PM
There are now more states with Constitutional Carry than there are with "may issue" carry.

Cool.

Jared
09-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Someday I'm either gonna move one state east or one state west. That'll land me in either Missouri or Indiana. Either way, I'll be a hell of a lot more free than I am here.

Back on topic, good show to the Missouri legislature.

Kennydale
09-15-2016, 05:13 PM
Hopefully Texas will follow next session !