PDA

View Full Version : Are you an HK nut? We could be teammates!

Talionis
09-08-2016, 04:13 PM
HK is happy with how things have gone with the current group of sponsored shooters over the last year, and is looking to add some more for this next year. If you're a fan of HK's and want to shoot them in competition, it might be worth your time to apply to HK's sponsored shooter program. There is a pretty broad range of skill represented currently, so don't assume you don't have the requisite skill to be in the program. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Here's the link: HK-USA Sponsored Shooter Program (http://hk-usa.com/sponsored-shooter/)

GJM
09-08-2016, 04:15 PM
I nominate YVK and Nyeti.

BCL
09-08-2016, 04:49 PM

I nominate you! Then you can't use cheater guns in USPSA. [emoji3]

GJM
09-08-2016, 05:44 PM
I nominate you! Then you can't use cheater guns in USPSA. [emoji3]

You are 10X the fan boy I am.

Kyle Reese
09-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Very interesting.

SecondsCount
09-08-2016, 06:27 PM

What am I, chopped liver? :rolleyes:

RJ
09-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Geez, the skills better be pretty broad if *I* ever got in.

I second GJM, YVK, and Nyeti. :cool:

JAD
09-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Dobbs

BCL
09-08-2016, 06:40 PM
You are 10X the fan boy I am.

You have a point there...

GJM
09-08-2016, 07:22 PM
What am I, chopped liver? :rolleyes:

You need a Gray Guns trigger to run with those two, stock V2 isn't going to cut it. :)

YVK
09-08-2016, 07:41 PM

I am in. Think they could cover my GGI/Lazy Wolf bills?

Otherwise, all I need is a heat-resistant HK logo sticker that I can stick on my Tanfo.

Default.mp3
09-08-2016, 07:44 PM
What all does being a sponsored shooter even entail?

Maybe I could give being one of the very few carry optics folks with an H&K...

GJM
09-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Don't let him kid you, he has been posting in competition threads on HK Pro, name dropping GM shooter first names from his squad this past weekend.

Talionis
09-08-2016, 08:43 PM
What all does being a sponsored shooter even entail?

That would be somewhat dependent on you and what you bring to the table. There are different levels of sponsorship available involving things like swag, discounts of various levels, match fees, free gear, etc.

Default.mp3
09-08-2016, 08:47 PM
That would be somewhat dependent on you and what you bring to the table. There are different levels of sponsorship available involving things like swag, discounts of various levels, match fees, free gear, etc.Let's say I'm probably a B-class-ish shooter (judging by my score in informal Steel Challenge matches against ranked USPSA guys), who can commit to at least one or two matches consistently each month, but currently have no formal memberships with any of the major shooting leagues. I also currently have zero social media, not even Facebook. Realistically, should I even try?

GJM
09-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Let's say I'm probably a B-class-ish shooter (judging by my score in informal Steel Challenge matches against ranked USPSA guys), who can commit to at least one or two matches consistently each month, but currently have no formal memberships with any of the major shooting leagues. I also currently have zero social media, not even Facebook. Realistically, should I even try?

If you would be willing to pay for a jersey, and commit to buying an HK a month, bet they have a spot for you.

Talionis
09-08-2016, 09:07 PM
Let's say I'm probably a B-class-ish shooter (judging by my score in informal Steel Challenge matches against ranked USPSA guys), who can commit to at least one or two matches consistently each month, but currently have no formal memberships with any of the major shooting leagues. I also currently have zero social media, not even Facebook. Realistically, should I even try?

Skill wise, I'm sure you qualify for sponsorship at some level. I would say you are better than at least half of the sponsored shooters if you are at an approximately B class level. I don't think the fact that you are not currently a competitor would hurt you much, if at all, if you can demonstrate that you would be willing to commit to doing so going forward. I've seen your screen name on quite a few different forums posting useful info, so I would say that would be a strong argument for sponsorship. Not having a social media presence currently is fine, but you would be expected to provide content for HK's social media (videos and photos of matches/practice/etc.), and they would prefer fairly regular social media posts. A number of sponsored shooters created social media accounts specifically for that purpose, and have no other social media presence.

If you are interested, I certainly think you should try. You have an established presence on forums as an HK fan, might as well make it official;)

Talionis
09-08-2016, 09:07 PM
If you would be willing to pay for a jersey, and commit to buying an HK a month, bet they have a spot for you.

This isn't R*dy;)

GJM
09-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Question for Darryl, if you compete with an HK is it still considered gaming?

Luke
09-08-2016, 09:57 PM
I carry a P2000 and basically game a HK like gun. Should be GM by late next year and have world domination scheduled for 2019. Currently A class (not for long). Can I play?

Talionis
09-08-2016, 10:03 PM
I carry w P2000 and basically game a HK like gun. Should be GM by late next year and have world domination scheduled for 2019. Currently A class (not for long). Can I play?

You can totally play! But writing "HK" on your tanfo slide won't cut it;) I was competing with a CZ and carrying an HK when I joined the team.

GJM
09-08-2016, 10:08 PM
I carry w P2000 and basically game a HK like gun. Should be GM by late next year and have world domination scheduled for 2019. Currently A class (not for long). Can I play?

You can totally play! But writing "HK" on your tanfo slide won't cut it;) I was competing with a CZ and carrying an HK when I joined the team.

Don't you have a special snowflake category for Luke and YVK, so they can game a Tangfo, while carrying a P2000? Mr_White asked me this afternoon if Talionis would allow him to shoot on the HK team if he loaded his cartridges backwards in his 34, or put floppy ears on it, to simu.ate a VP9. Not making this up.

Luke
09-08-2016, 10:08 PM
I would look so good shooting a GGI VP9. I'd also look amazing shooting a HK rifle. I beat a couple HK shooter at GA too. Should I put that on the application lol

EDIT: GJM, that is hilarious!

Talionis
09-08-2016, 10:15 PM
Don't you have a special snowflake category for Luke and YVK, so they can game a Tangfo, while carrying a P2000? Mr_White asked me this afternoon if Talionis would allow him to shoot on the HK team if he loaded his cartridges backwards in his 34, or put floppy ears on it, to simu.ate a VP9. Not making this up.

For Mr_White, I'm sure we would make an exception, especially if he could get some floppy ears on that G34. Re: Luke and YVK gaming tanfos, this picture from my HK shill instagram account seems apropos. 10369

Talionis
09-08-2016, 10:21 PM
I would look so good shooting a GGI VP9. I'd also look amazing shooting a HK rifle. I beat a couple HK shooter at GA too. Should I put that on the application lol

Nah, you want the Lazy Wolf VP9. Rick did all the HK work at GGI before he left and started his own thing. Of course, if you need that kind of trigger job on the VP9 to shoot it well that's a separate issue;) Derek is pretty good, though he's primarily a 3 gunner. The whole 2 on paper thing eventually takes its toll.

Luke
09-08-2016, 10:22 PM
Sounds really cool. I don't think I'm ready for the big dawgs yet. When I am ready, I want it to be because I'm the best in the world and they want to give me free guns and ammo.

olstyn
09-08-2016, 10:28 PM

Hm, I think you're on to something with that one - I'd only need to cover up "Walther" with "HK," add a "V" in front of "P99" and cover up the second "9" and I'd be good to go, right? I mean, my gun starts out German, at least, so who's going to be able to tell? Of course, I'm just a lowly C-class, so they probably don't want me anyway. :)

Talionis
09-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Sounds really cool. I don't think I'm ready for the big dawgs yet. When I am ready, I want it to be because I'm the best in the world and they want to give me free guns and ammo.

My goals aren't as lofty as that. Interesting side note: the current national production champ doesn't have either a gun or ammo sponsor last I saw, and is looking for matches with cash payouts to supplement his income working at the gun-store. Sometimes you have to ask, as much as that might hurt the ego.

GJM
09-08-2016, 10:31 PM

OK, Luke, I am going to help you out with some advice. Here are the rules.

1) do not even think of requesting a SP5K, that is reserved for Talionis, as he allegedly uses it to shoot PCC.

2) if you persist with the Girl Scout vest, you need HK patches visible from any angle.

3) a letter of recommendation from Nyeti is mandatory.

4) an HKPro screen name with over 15,000 posts is helpful.

5) even though they no longer shoot the USP on the team, you need to learn what each trigger variant is.

When my wife was learning to be an HK fan girl, with the help of a beer, I scratched out this cheat sheet, as she found the HK lineup to be so much more complicated than the Glock models. Hope it helps with your interview.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps63rjuyzw.jpeg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps63rjuyzw.jpeg.html)

Luke
09-08-2016, 10:32 PM
My goal is to be the best USPSA shooter in the world. That is interesting about Alex Gutt. I wonder if he plans to keep it just him or not.

I have like 10 posts on HKpro. I was like one of the first people in America to detail strip and polish a VP9 though. Girl Scout best would totally have a HK badge. The PCC is what makes this tempting!

GJM
09-08-2016, 10:35 PM
My goals aren't as lofty as that. Interesting side note: the current national production champ doesn't have either a gun or ammo sponsor last I saw, and is looking for matches with cash payouts to supplement his income working at the gun-store. Sometimes you have to ask, as much as that might hurt the ego.

TGO says 99 percent of shooters would make more as a greeter at Walmart, than with their sponsorship deal.

Talionis
09-08-2016, 10:41 PM
OK, Luke, I am going to help you out with some advice. Here are the rules.

1) do not even think of requesting a SP5K, that is reserved for Talionis, as he allegedly uses it to shoot PCC.

2) if you persist with the Girl Scout vest, you need HK patches visible from any angle.

3) a letter of recommendation from Nyeti is mandatory.

4) an HKPro screen name with over 15,000 posts is helpful.

5) even though they no longer shoot the USP on the team, you need to learn what each trigger variant is.

When my wife was learning to be an HK fan girl, with the help of a beer, I scratched out this cheat sheet, as she found the HK lineup to be so much more complicated than the Glock models. Hope it helps with your interview.

GJM, this is perfect. I hereby award you with one Internet for the day. And WTF, Luke wears a girl scout vest? That means we will all have matching vests, which is both awesome and unacceptable. We are recruiting new members for some variety.

Talionis
09-08-2016, 10:43 PM
TGO says 99 percent of shooters would make more as a greeter at Walmart, than with their sponsorship deal.

I tend to describe sponsorship as one of the worlds worst paying part-time jobs. I would definitely "make more" as a Walmart greeter, but I would be working at Walmart instead of shooting.

GJM
09-08-2016, 10:44 PM
GJM, this is perfect. I hereby award you with one Internet for the day. And WTF, Luke wears a girl scout vest? That means we will all have matching vests, which is both awesome and unacceptable. We are recruiting new members for some variety.

Admit it, you gave me the like after #1, keep your mitts off the Sp5K.

Talionis
09-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Admit it, you gave me the like after #1, keep your mitts off the Sp5K.

It's possible... Though I have my SP5K, and will be shooting it pretty heavily once my production season is over in another month or so. It was pretty awesome to be chastised on HKpro for the ridiculous assertion that the button magazine release on the MP5 FOW is actually faster than the paddle.

BCL
09-08-2016, 11:03 PM
I'll definitely have to think about it. If gaming with a USP doesn't work out, the VP9 is always an option.

Talionis
09-08-2016, 11:05 PM
I'll definitely have to think about it. If gaming with a USP doesn't work out, the VP9 is always an option.

Just do it! It doesn't cost anything but a little time and mental effort to apply. What you choose to shoot (if it's HK) is totally up to you. You can do some good work with the USP.

Duelist
09-08-2016, 11:05 PM
Might make it worth buying a VP9.

But those ridges inside the trigger guard would have to go.

Talionis
09-08-2016, 11:19 PM
Might make it worth buying a VP9.

But those ridges inside the trigger guard would have to go.

Can't say I've ever noticed them, personally.

BCL
09-08-2016, 11:27 PM
Yeah, nothing like the P30, not sharp or anything. The width of the VP9 trigger is probably why.

Dagga Boy
09-09-2016, 01:12 AM
Can I still use my Rolex as a timer?

In all seriousness, I hope they get Dr. No back if nothing else to shoot representing HK in LE matches.

Sadly, this is just a hair too late as I actually start a real job again on Monday. Like the kind where you have to be there all day everyday. It will be a rough transition, but I am positive it will pay better than what I would be making in an HK fishing vest.

Nephrology
09-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Like the kind where you have to be there all day everyday.

Those are the worst.

Matthew
09-09-2016, 07:11 AM
With HK's seemingly renewed interest in the competition scene, all I want is a VP9L or VP9 "Expert/Elite" and have Dawson make some adjustables to throw on top. A guy can dream, right?

LittleLebowski
09-09-2016, 07:36 AM
Dobbs

And nyeti.

JAD
09-09-2016, 07:40 AM
He had already been mentioned but absolutely. The Texas contingent would be terrifying.

Dagga Boy
09-09-2016, 08:00 AM
And nyeti.

We get to shoot felons (last match we were at where Wayne was yelling "carjacker" instead of "pull" so I could hit things didn't go over so hot), and there is also an all you can eat beef rib team. If so...we will be awesome.

Peally
09-09-2016, 08:13 AM
Would be cool to pimp the brand of gun I'm shooting, but I'm an asshole, so I'm a terrible guy to be representing a company. No one wants to buy a house from the dude saying " son of a shitballs!" after a terrible stage, making fun of bad guys getting shot on PF, and making smartass comments on doodie.

Plus life wouldn't be fun without the word shitballs.

Mike C
09-09-2016, 08:50 AM
Would be cool to pimp the brand of gun I'm shooting, but I'm an asshole, so I'm a terrible guy to be representing a company. No one wants to buy a house from the dude saying " son of a shitballs!" after a terrible stage, making fun of bad guys getting shot on PF, and making smartass comments on doodie.

Don't forget Amazeballs.

Talionis
09-09-2016, 09:34 AM

Your stuff is fun to read. Your world weary/snarky doodie posts at least make it seem like you are a pretty good shooter. If you compete with an HK anyway, you should definitely apply. Of course, if word got out you were on Team HK it might get ugly for you over there;)

JodyH
09-10-2016, 09:32 AM
There's no "I" in team. But there are a lot of "U's" in shut the fuck up.

There's my application.
When do I get my free shit?

Luke
09-10-2016, 10:49 AM
I prefer to say there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Mitch
09-10-2016, 01:42 PM

There's my application.

That is awesome, consider it stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talionis
09-11-2016, 12:42 AM

There's my application.

Apparently when you actually classify as an A with your P2000.

BaiHu
09-11-2016, 07:44 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160911/5445add153819a25be26cd7095002c83.jpg

Clearly none of you have ever looked hard enough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

David S.
09-11-2016, 08:43 AM
I'd like to assume I'm missing an implied :) ....

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you did.

Drang
09-11-2016, 01:38 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160911/5445add153819a25be26cd7095002c83.jpg

Clearly none of you have ever looked hard enough.
Once sent a team meeting off the rails by drawing that and pointing out that "The 'I' is 'In the A Holes'".

Which as pretty bad, actually, since I was supposed to be running the meeting, but that pompous jerk was getting on everyone's nerves.

GJM
09-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Talionis says he knows nothing, but a surprise box arrived from HK today, with two HK shooting shirts.

Peally
09-13-2016, 02:53 PM
What the hell, I tossed in an application. Thought about making an app video full of teutonic manliness (even had a flat top helm ready to simulate what I assume the German time travelling knights here are experiencing on the range gear-wise) but between the damn constant rain and tooth surgery Monday that brilliant embarrassment won't come to light soon enough.

GJM
09-13-2016, 03:27 PM
The funny thing is I didn't even apply. Further, post lunch investigation, shows the two shirts to be a large and small. I guess they heard my wife is thinking of shooting a USP FS with the skookum hybrid match LEM trigger at Gabe's upcoming course. Other possible explanations:

1) they know I know YVK, who in turn lives near Seconds Count
2) they like it the way I constantly troll Nyeti
3) they recognize I post in proximity to Peally who is a major player on PF's sister forum.
4) they think I had some doing in the fact that requests for the hybrid match LEM trigger have skyrocketed from 6 to 12 this summer.
5) they were hoping the shirts would cause me to go easy on them in the fast approaching PFestivus.

In any event, they are awesome!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/image_zpsux25uvii.jpeg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/image_zpsux25uvii.jpeg.html)

Talionis
09-13-2016, 04:05 PM
Excellent! I'll have to talk with HK about doing a custom doggie version for Astro, too.

Mr_White
09-13-2016, 04:06 PM
I has a confuse, I thought Jody was getting the HK shirt, but with extra Us on it

YVK
09-13-2016, 07:17 PM
I asked repeatedly if there was anything with a word "perfection" available. They couldn't understand me first but then said that was what "HK" meant.

Arbninftry
09-13-2016, 09:08 PM

Where do I sign up�� I am in. Can I borrow your credit card��

Luke
09-13-2016, 09:22 PM
After recent events with Tatiana I'm seriously thinking about applying. I'm sure HK would love to have a future world champion.

Peally
09-13-2016, 09:47 PM
After recent events with Tatiana I'm seriously thinking about applying. I'm sure HK would love to have a future world champion.

Bro I already applied. You can be the Robin to my Batman though :D

Luke
09-13-2016, 09:50 PM
You could be my Shane Cooley. If Alex gutt and benstoeger had a baby, I'm guessing it would be just like me.

:)

Talionis
09-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Well, at least you guys aren't lacking confidence.

GJM
09-14-2016, 12:19 AM
Excellent! I'll have to talk with HK about doing a custom doggie version for Astro, too.

Great. Hopefully it will coordinate with the rest of her range outfit.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/astroTGO_zps94286191.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/astroTGO_zps94286191.jpg.html)

LtDave
09-14-2016, 08:11 PM
GJM, you left off the P9S on your list. In 9mm and .45 BTW.

YVK
09-15-2016, 06:37 AM
A phone conversation with GJM yesterday revealed that he actually did think that it was HK USA who sent him and his lovely lady those tees. While I know no other person who deserves free shit from gun companies simply because he's responsible for 10% of their gross revenue, I almost collapsed from LOLing.

GJM
09-15-2016, 12:03 PM
A phone conversation with GJM yesterday revealed that he actually did think that it was HK USA who sent him and his lovely lady those tees. While I know no other person who deserves free shit from gun companies simply because he's responsible for 10% of their gross revenue, I almost collapsed from LOLing.

I must admit, you completely got me, as you are almost never this clever. :)

Edwin
09-15-2016, 12:42 PM
Talk about timing, I was this >< close to ordering a USP Expert last night at 2 AM for IDPA and USPSA. I actually asked around the WA area if anyone had any experience doing so.

Edwin
09-15-2016, 10:43 PM
Submitted myself for the running. Let's see if I'm good enough for the position as I'd love to use a USP Expert or Custom Sport or P30/VP9.

Luke
09-15-2016, 10:51 PM
Good luck man! I'm hoping tanfo starts looking for middle of the pack average, white, fat males. *fingers crossed!*

Mr_White
09-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Submitted myself for the running. Let's see if I'm good enough for the position as I'd love to use a USP Expert or Custom Sport or P30/VP9.

Awesome! Good luck, I hope you get it.

Edwin
09-16-2016, 12:50 PM
Doh, I wish I could edit my application. Forgot to include my IDPA/USPSA member number and the fact that I'm bilingual so I can help sell when I travel internationally for matches.

Peally
09-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Meh don't worry about it, I forgot mine too.

I will laugh my ass off a little if a couple of us actually get in. Would be entertaining having HK shooters trolling around Doodie.

Mr_White
09-16-2016, 01:37 PM
Meh don't worry about it, I forgot mine too.

I will laugh my ass off a little if a couple of us actually get in. Would be entertaining having HK shooters trolling around Doodie.

You could explain to all the CZ and Tanfo shooters how the HKs are better and it would be fun

Peally
09-16-2016, 01:40 PM
I'm actually a little bummed I bought a VP9, a 45 in production was maximum derp but it was pretty fun being "that guy"

RJ
09-16-2016, 02:45 PM
I guess all the HK fans are here, so rather than ask in the April Fools thread I will ask this here, if ya'll don't mind:

Do any of ya'll expect a VP9SK before Jan?

Say you had a VP9 plus couple other striker fire guns; should you go ahead and trade those other two for a P30SK LEM for carry (keeping the VP9 for games) or wait for a VP9SK?

Asking for a friend. :cool:

Talionis
09-16-2016, 02:50 PM
I guess all the HK fans are here, so rather than ask in the April Fools thread I will ask this here, if ya'll don't mind:

Do any of ya'll expect a VP9SK before Jan?

Say you had a VP9 plus couple other striker fire guns; should you go ahead and trade those other two for a P30SK LEM for carry (keeping the VP9 for games) or wait for a VP9SK?

Asking for a friend. :cool:

This is not an official answer; call it a hunch. I wouldn't wait around for a VP9SK, at least in the timeframe you are talking about.

Doug
09-16-2016, 02:57 PM
You could explain to all the CZ and Tanfo shooters how the HKs are better and it would be fun

Guests on the Practical Pistol Show...

RJ
09-16-2016, 03:20 PM
This is not an official answer; call it a hunch. I wouldn't wait around for a VP9SK, at least in the timeframe you are talking about.

Got it thanks.

PS is the offer for a look over of my VP9 still available? We're looking at doing northern tier states for next year's RV tour...:)

Edwin
09-16-2016, 05:29 PM

I would want something like stickers or on the jersey with the tagline "Better than perfection" or some trollish thing like that.

Talionis
09-17-2016, 08:05 AM
Got it thanks.

PS is the offer for a look over of my VP9 still available? We're looking at doing northern tier states for next year's RV tour...:)

Absolutely!

RJ
09-18-2016, 09:54 AM
Absolutely!

Awesome. We'll see if Boise will work for us next year. Likely summer (May-July) but plans are fluid right now.

We had three days in Pocatello last year and enjoyed it, actually.

DAB
09-18-2016, 05:11 PM
i wouldn't mind someone paying for my ammo and guns, but i'm a pretty quiet guy, would not do well on camera or meeting strangers. don't like to travel that much, so i wouldn't be much inclined to go to far away matches. i'll have to take my VP9 to the range soon.

rjohnson4405
09-18-2016, 05:44 PM
I applied, would be a great opportunity.

GJM
09-18-2016, 10:05 PM
You may recall how YVK trolled me, big time, with the HK shooting shirts. Well tonight, he asked me "how do they work for appendix concealment?" I said "not at all." He sounded genuinely disappointed, and asked me why not? Then I told him why they did not work for concealment -- because they say HK shooting on them.