PDA

View Full Version : Anybody shoot 3 gun?

Jesse Tischauser
11-14-2011, 08:56 AM
If so what's in your kit?

ACP230
11-14-2011, 09:40 AM
I've only shot a couple of matches. Pistol was a 9mm BHP both times. (Lots of SIGs and Glocks were used by other competitors.) Rifle was my AR clone with iron sights and 20 inch barrel. (Most folks were running MForgeries with optics.) I used a Mossberg 590 at the first match with factory ghost ring peep sights. The second one I used my Remington 1100 with skeet choke. bead sight, and an aftermarket extended magazine.

My son shot Heavy Metal class in the second match using an M1A, the 590, and a 1991A1 Colt Commander in .45 ACP. He was the only one in the class. I would have shot in it too but we didn't have a another pump shotgun that qualified.

I brought a lot of mags for all the guns that took them. On the shotgun stage I staged ammo where I could and had a lot more of it stuck in my pockets. Didn't run out of shotgun shells that way.
Could have used one more BHP mag on one stage.

Lon
11-14-2011, 10:02 AM
I usually shoot trooper class or open class.

My AR started life as a middy RRA stainless upper. Lower I built myself. It's got a Leupold 1.5-5 MRT and a trijicon dual illumination RMR on it. Has a JP forearm and SF muzzle brake on it along with a Sully stock and McCormick drop in trigger module.

Shotgun is a Saiga 12. Converted to load AR style. It has a Delta Point on it.

Pistol was a G17 w Fastfire. I sold it this summer and replaced it with a Sig Blackwater 226 (mirrors my duty gun).

In the past I've also shot Tac optics and had back up irons offset where the RMR is on my rifle now. I used an STI limited gun then. Shotgun was a tricked out Benelli M1S90. And before that a Rem Tac IV 1100, which was a POS and actually got bought back off me by Remington since it sucked so bad.

The hot ticket now is the new Mossberg 930, when it comes to shotguns.

I've also shot some local matches with my duty gear - 226 9mm, 7.5 in AR SBR w Eotech and 870 pump gun.

Chris Rhines
11-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Dude, you've seen most of it. S&W M&P9 Pro, BCM 16" SS410 with the Swarovski Z6I-BRT on top, and my poor battered Benelli M2.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

-C

JWinTN
11-14-2011, 12:21 PM
I shoot a monthly local match.

M&P 9FS, BCM mid-length with an Eotech XPS, and a Mossberg 930 SPX. All of them are pretty much stock, except for the pistol, which has the Apex sear.

I use Blade-tech single-mag pistol pouches and some kydex AR pouches that someone made here locally. I use a forearm shotshell holder and a six-round caddy on the belt.

jar
11-14-2011, 02:59 PM
M&P 9 Pro
AR with 18" White Oak Barrel, Timney Trigger, Troy TRX extreme forend, SJC comp, Ace stock, and a Meopta K-Dot in a LaRue SPR-E.
Mossberg 930 with 24" unported barrel, briley extended chokes, and nordic tube, loaded from a Mark Otto chest rig.

My to do list for the winter includes either opening the loading port on the 930 myself, or sending it to Benny.

SecondsCount
11-14-2011, 11:45 PM
I only shoot 3-gun a couple times a year.

2011 Spring match- P30 LEM 9mm, Benelli M1S90, and a 16" midlength AR- 1:8 twist Sabre Defense barrel, Bill Springfield trigger, and a Burris 3-9x TAC 30.

2011 Fall match- Kimber Custom Target (pre-series II) which I switched for a STI 2011 in 40 in the middle of the match. The 2011 is so easy to shoot I felt like I was cheating. The shotgun and carbine were the same as above.

I will probably go back to the P30 in future matches because that is the pistol I have decided on carrying and want as much trigger time as I can get on it.

JodyH
11-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Our club hosts several unsanctioned 3-gun matches a year. Rules are a mash up of IDPA, USPSA, and our own rules.

H&K P30

AR-15, Meopta 1-4x, Gemtech Trek suppressor.

Benelli Nova pump (7+1) with 4 round sidesaddle

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

jthhapkido
11-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Our club hosts several unsanctioned 3-gun matches a year. Rules are a mash up of IDPA, USPSA, and our own rules.

Similar. We shoot 6 Multigun matches a year, rules loosely based on IMA rules (with some use of USPSA divisions here and there). (Rules we use: http://easternnebraskapracticalshooters.com/multigun/MultiGunRules2010.pdf )

When I started, I shot Tac Irons, using a Glock 34 (9mm) with standard mags, a Rem 870 (18 in barrel, 6+1 shells really sucks BTW), and Bushmaster Shorty AK .223.

I now shoot Tac Optics with a G17 with basepads (22 rounds), a Rem 1100 Tac-4 with a pistolgrip stock and its standard sights, and I put a Burris Tac30 1-4x on the Bushmaster. (I know, I know, but it feeds everything and shoots perfectly well.)

I wear different mag pouches and such depending on what I'm doing---the main thing I suggest is the 4 or 6-shell belt caddies for the shotgun shells. They can make a SIGNIFICANT difference in your reloading time on shotgun stages.

RickB
11-18-2011, 12:25 PM
When I shot Nationals in '06, I used a single stack .45, 12ga pump, and an M1 Carbine. I've substituted a Garand for the Carbine in Heavy Metal (now apparently called "Heavy Iron" for lack of optics?). I wear my usual pistol rig, buckle an ammo belt about midway up my torso for shotgun stages, and draw rifle mags out of my hip pocket. When I shoot the Garand, I use a G.I. ammo belt if the pistol isn't going to be used. If the pistol belt is in place, I hang the rifle clips on my pockets, with four rounds in and four hanging out. ;^)

Chuck Anderson
11-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I've been known to shoot a 3 Gun match or two.

JP CTR-02, Warne RAMP mount, Dueck Defense Side Irons or Leupold DeltaPoint , Leupold 1.5-5 MR/T scope with CMR-2 reticle
Benelli M1 Super 90 by Triangle Shooting Sports, Browning Gold by Jake Kempton or Saiga by R&R with Leupold Deltapoint
Glock, 34 or SJC Custom 17
Safariland holster etc.
ASYM Ammo

AbnArtyguy
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Kits the best part of 3-Gun!

AR: Colt AR6721, 16" HB with DD FSB Light rail with Trijicon TR24 (1-4)
Shotgun: Benelli SBE (found it at a gunshow for cheap!)
Pistol: Glock 34, Heinie sights