PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback on Comp-Tac Two O' Clock AIWB

CCT125US
11-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Anyone used one? This looks like a good option as it appears the clip would do a good job of placing torque on the gun and pulling the grip into the body.

A bit of history first... I carried a G26 AIWB for about 5 years in a Galco holster. I went to a larger gun and decided that it was too large for AIWB carry and went to a IWB behind the hip... after reviewing my thought process and the benefits that I realized with AIWB I am trying to make the switch back. I currently carry an HKP30 and know with the right holster I can make AIWB work again. I have read anything I can on appendix holsters and know that there is not one size fits all solution. And speaking of size.... I have a 28'' waist and am 5' 0'' so I don't have a lot of real estate to work with. Not calling others fat, just umm something to keep in mind when responding.

Here is a link: http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=89

dookie1481
11-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Here's an older thread with some info. (http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?242-Comp-Tac-Two-O-Clock-Holster)

s0nspark
11-14-2011, 11:01 AM
(Disclosure: I have a little bit extra "me" around my middle...)

I had a 2 O'Clock that I tried with an M&P9/M&P9C... and it printed like a huge mofo. I did not like the clip placement or the fact that it seemed straight across the back, and it did not pull the grip in at all IMO. For me it was a big bag of fail.

VolGrad
11-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Pass. I tried them for a J-frame and a G19 and both printed badly and were horribly uncomfortable. Not dissing Comp-Tac products. They do a good job with most of their regular IWB and OWB models. The Two O'Clock just isn't one of them.

I've tried a bunch of AIWBs, most of the big ones people talk about on this site. The only one I have found that worked well for me is the Cane & Derby. I have been really pleased with it.

I am about to begin testing an AIWB from another maker (think it will arrive this week). I will report back once I've had time to properly evaluate it.