PDA

View Full Version : Arcteryx riggers belt

GJM
11-11-2011, 04:28 PM
While I am a long time Wilderness belt wearer, my hips at times take a beating when supporting a bunch of gear around my waist. My wife just bought me the new Arcteryx rigger's belt. The thing is extremely lightweight and comfortable. Actually much lighter than the Wilderness belt with Titanium buckle. The Arc belt is two inches wide, but will go through the loops of a 1.5 holster, with loops like the Raven. The belt is very thin in the front and doesn't look particularly tactical.

http://www.leaf.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Tropical/H-150-Riggers-Belt

Odin Bravo One
11-11-2011, 09:25 PM
I was not a big fan. Wore it for about two weeks before ditching it and going back to a regular leather gun belt. Just didn't work for me. YMMV of course.

GJM
11-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Sean, what about it didn't work for you? I wore it yesterday on a hike with an M&P 45, two extra mags and a Leatherman, and it supported that load more comfortably than my Wilderness belt. In any event, I am a sucker for gear made by the company with the dead chicken logo.

Odin Bravo One
11-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Mine would loosen up. The bitter end of the belt was constantly flopping around, and was a bit of a pain in the ass to get tightened properly. I also didn't like the way it fit the loops of the pants I was using. And undoing it in the field, at night, with gloves on for conducting the daily unleashing of the demons ritual, it was not very user friendly. I dig Arcteryx gear. Probably my favorite clothing vendor out there. But the belt just didn't work for me. I don't generally like riggers belts anyway, but it was free, so figured it couldn't hurt to try it. But it is buried in my locker among other great ideas that I didn't care for. Again, it's just my opinion. Many of my co-workers and employees really like it a lot. Of course, a few don't like it either and went back to their old belt. Just can't please everyone all the time I guess.

Dagga Boy
11-13-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm also one of the few who just couldn't warm up to it. It would be great under a police duty belt, and great for those in BDU's a lot. I'm going to be selling mine for $80 shipped in black XL in the bag with tags LNIB if anyone is interested.