PDA

View Full Version : Kydex molle gear?

Le Français
08-16-2016, 10:26 PM
I'm looking for a very slim, molle-compatible, open top single handcuff case to mount on a vest above a duty holster without impeding the draw. Does such a thing exist? I'd like it to be made of kydex for reduced profile. My current nylon case is a little too thick.

For various reasons, I won't be changing the holster, I can't move the handcuffs to another position on the vest, and I'd rather not mount them to my belt.

Thanks for any advice.

DI1
08-17-2016, 07:45 AM
Not Kydex, but the Blue Force Gear belt mounted cuff case (Hypalon and stretch material) is the lowest profile case I have found and is available in multiple colors (black, coyote, etc...).

voodoo_man
08-17-2016, 08:16 AM
Not Kydex, but the Blue Force Gear belt mounted cuff case (Hypalon and stretch material) is the lowest profile case I have found and is available in multiple colors (black, coyote, etc...).

Re bfg nylon cuff pouch - wore it for a while on a rig and a tacvest.

It's good and slick. But a pain to reholster the cuff and sometimes difficult to deploy. I went back to a standard nylon pouch.

Le Français
08-17-2016, 11:11 AM
Thanks. voodoo_man, how did you affix the BFG case to the tac vest? A quick search suggests that it is only available with belt loops; otherwise, it looks like a great solution.

DI1
08-17-2016, 12:40 PM
You can use the BFG Velcro tabs on the back to secure to one loop of molle or get some 1" Velcro one wrap and cut to longer lengths to secure to multiple loops. I've never had a problem deploying cuffs from the BFG pouch, but I use hinged cuffs exclusively and that may aid in deployment. Re-holstering into any BFG pouch is a bit of a pain.

Le Français
08-17-2016, 01:02 PM
Copy, thanks.

HCM
08-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Safariland makes an open top slim safari laminate cuff pouch, the model 090. It has a single strap in the back secured with pull the dot snaps. The strap is thin enough to thread through molle loops.

https://www.safariland.com/handcuff/model-090-open-top-handcuff-case-10955.html

voodoo_man
08-17-2016, 02:54 PM
Thanks. voodoo_man, how did you affix the BFG case to the tac vest? A quick search suggests that it is only available with belt loops; otherwise, it looks like a great solution.

I used blackhawk speed clips. They work well.

Le Français
08-17-2016, 10:38 PM
I used blackhawk speed clips. They work well.
That BFG pouch seems to have a horizontal loop that the smaller belt loops are passed through. Am I correct in concluding that you removed the two smaller belt loops and used the larger loop to weave the pouch into the molle with the speed clips? How long were your speed clips for this application? Thanks a lot for your time.

Le Français
08-17-2016, 10:40 PM
Safariland makes an open top slim safari laminate cuff pouch, the model 090. It has a single strap in the back secured with pull the dot snaps. The strap is thin enough to thread through molle loops.

Interesting; thanks! My concern there would be floppiness from only having one strap. Have you encountered that issue?

HCM
08-18-2016, 12:10 AM
Interesting; thanks! My concern there would be floppiness from only having one strap. Have you encountered that issue?

While not as stiff as kydex, the safari laminate is stiff enough it does not flap with a 1.75 or larger belt - threaded through Molle it should be fine.

I think HSGI , makes a nylon taco cuff case. Worth a look.

voodoo_man
08-18-2016, 03:55 AM
That BFG pouch seems to have a horizontal loop that the smaller belt loops are passed through. Am I correct in concluding that you removed the two smaller belt loops and used the larger loop to weave the pouch into the molle with the speed clips? How long were your speed clips for this application? Thanks a lot for your time.

I used the #5 but only because I had them sitting around.

I'd probably use the tactical tailor malice clips next time

Le Français
08-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Copy.

Chuck Whitlock
08-22-2016, 10:01 AM

Bear in mind that the cuff case above is only for hinged cuffs. The model for chain cuffs uses a sewn belt loop.

5.11 has a molle cuff pouch:

http://www.511tactical.com/cuff-case.html

HCM
08-22-2016, 05:32 PM
Bear in mind that the cuff case above is only for hinged cuffs. The model for chain cuffs uses a sewn belt loop.

5.11 has a molle cuff pouch:

http://www.511tactical.com/cuff-case.html

I have two Safariland 090's for chain cuffs with the same strap / snap arrangement.

Le Français
08-28-2016, 06:06 PM
The BFG elastic pouch with speed clips is working well! Thanks for all the advice.

Chuck Whitlock
08-29-2016, 07:56 PM
I have two Safariland 090's for chain cuffs with the same strap / snap arrangement.

Really? I had wanted a hinged one with the sewn loop at the time, but those were the only configurations I was able to find then.