PDA

View Full Version : Practicing applying grip pressure

LearnedHat
08-13-2016, 05:44 PM
My grip is strong enough (or let's assume that for now) but during live fire, I don't believe I am gripping the piss out of the gun like you are supposed to as you come on target. Is it as simple as just dry firing and focusing just on increasing that pressure when you are on target and firing. Will it become second nature?

Paul Sharp
08-13-2016, 06:04 PM
https://youtu.be/FfARgCqWCvQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LearnedHat
08-13-2016, 06:30 PM
https://youtu.be/FfARgCqWCvQ

Thanks - I will work on that.

Paul Sharp
08-13-2016, 07:46 PM

It really helped me with applying a realistic pressure to the pistol/rifle/shottie during dry fire. We all get lazy from time to time, and just go through the motions. Beginning and finishing my dry fire training sessions with his isometric exercises snapped me back on point.

Luke
08-13-2016, 08:07 PM
I didn't finish that video but I have 1 issue and 1 question with it.

1 issue:

If I hold firm pressure for a minute on my gun with the same force I use when I shoot, that is so serious tendinitis pain.. I could maybe do that drill once, and then The next day it is going to be awful.

1 question:

I hear this magic ratio all the time, "X dry presses for every X love press!" Kinda like using %'s for grip, somebody show me what 60% pressure is, I'll buy your lunch if you can show me.
How in the world are you counting dry trigger presses??

Paul Sharp
08-13-2016, 08:18 PM
"1 issue:

If I hold firm pressure for a minute on my gun with the same force I use when I shoot, that is so serious tendinitis pain.. I could maybe do that drill once, and then The next day it is going to be awful."

Progressive resistance dude, start at 10-15 second "reps" and build up to a minute or longer.

"1 question:

How in the world are you counting dry trigger presses??"

For me, I don't. I dry fire everyday working on a variety things from something like Steve Anderson's books. I test myself live fire every couple of weeks to track times/progress.

RJ
08-13-2016, 09:28 PM

+1. Going to give this a try.