PDA

View Full Version : Brenham (TX) police officer refused service at McDonald's

Wendell
07-28-2016, 12:59 PM
Brenham police said in a Facebook post that the incident occurred at a McDonalds in the 500 block of Highway 290 West, in front of an H-E-B. The officer had stopped there to eat with his family and was refused service " simply for being a Police Officer," police Chief Craig Goodman said in a Facebook post about the incident. He told KBTX that the employee was upset about her son recently being arrested, and that the officer was served by another employee. Goodman said the owners of the McDonald's were notified and were "disheartened" to hear of the incident. The McDonald's franchise owner confirmed Tuesday to KBTX-TV that the employee was fired.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20160727-brenham-police-officer-refused-service-at-mcdonald-s.ece (http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20160727-brenham-police-officer-refused-service-at-mcdonald-s.ece)

LittleLebowski
07-28-2016, 01:15 PM
There's no way I'd eat at places like if I was a cop. In fact, I avoid McDonalds anyway.

Peally
07-28-2016, 01:16 PM
Maybe you should be upset that your son is likely a piece of shit versus taking it out on others.

Chance
07-28-2016, 01:44 PM
There's no way I'd eat at places like if I was a cop. In fact, I avoid McDonalds anyway.

I would definitely be packing my own lunches if I were a cop. Nothing against folks in the food service industry, but it's not known for attracting many of the first round draft picks.

Shotgun
07-28-2016, 01:56 PM
Wow. It is hard for me to understand the vastly different views of people toward police. Here is a lady refusing to serve a police officer which is such an embarrassment to her employer that she gets fired. On the other hand, there are many, I believe the vast majority of us, who appreciate our law enforcement officers. Heck, I've bought coffee and lunches for unknown police officers just as a "thank you" for their service.

LockedBreech
07-28-2016, 01:59 PM
Wow. It is hard for me to understand the vastly different views of people toward police. Here is a lady refusing to serve a police officer which is such an embarrassment to her employer that she gets fired. On the other hand, there are many, I believe the vast majority of us, who appreciate our law enforcement officers. Heck, I've bought coffee and lunches for unknown police officers just as a "thank you" for their service.

I try to do this every time I see a squad car behind me in a drive thru. It really is crazy how differently folks see the world.

Also crazy that I have no criminal record. Wonder if they're related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTQ
07-28-2016, 02:09 PM
Nothing against folks in the food service industry, but it's not known for attracting many of the first round draft picks.
I just had this discussion with my college age daughter when we were talking about the desire of some to push the national minimum wage to $15 per hour. Bad service and getting paid $15 per hour just bugs the heck out of me.

I spent a good 20+ years of my life as somewhat of a fast food addict. I really used to like just about any fast food place. However, over the past 5-10 years, I've noticed the service is getting so bad at most places, I'm becoming less and less likely to stop in a fast food place.

Kyle Reese
07-28-2016, 02:17 PM
This just happened here in NOVA.

I tend to bring my food when working and maintain a low profile when dining off duty, preferring to eat at small, family owned restaurants.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/virginia-police-officer-refused-service-noodles-article-1.2728824

Gray222
07-28-2016, 02:25 PM
We had this locally a few times...always the FOP makes a statement and always instruct cops to not support it. Almost always that person gets fired.

StraitR
07-28-2016, 02:35 PM
We had this locally a few times...always the FOP makes a statement and always instruct cops to not support it. Almost always that person gets fired.

Not good enough. We need marches in the streets, room for riots, and definitely some reparations for the dining experiences ruined for those that came before us. #FrenchFriesMatter

We need the President to make a statement, how about..."If I would have eaten a cheeseburger for dinner, it would have looked like that cheeseburger".

Messing around with people's food will absolutely get you killed in the streets. Put it on the list.

HCM
07-28-2016, 03:08 PM
McDonald's will get you killed on the streets.

Gray222
07-28-2016, 03:11 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/mcdonalds-fired-worker-she-refused-142447710.html

Fired

texasaggie2005
07-28-2016, 06:13 PM
Man, I could write a book (well, maybe a short story) about Brenham & Washington County.

There is a decent sized population of slave descendants who live in that area, and openly detest white people and the predominantly white local law enforcement.

This news was not surprising to me at all.

OlongJohnson
07-28-2016, 06:31 PM
I saw more overt racism toward blacks and Mexicans in my first year living in Houston than in the whole rest of my life prior. Not that everybody here is racist, but there are definitely more racists here than in other places I've lived. Or at least they are more open about it. That evil is a sword that cuts both ways.

StraitR
07-28-2016, 06:53 PM
I saw more overt racism toward blacks and Mexicans in my first year living in Houston than in the whole rest of my life prior. Not that everybody here is racist, but there are definitely more racists here than in other places I've lived. Or at least they are more open about it. That evil is a sword that cuts both ways.

Absolutely. It's a cancer, and spreading fast. The point of my previous post being that while it absolutely needs to be acknowledged and confronted, both ways as you pointed out, there have been some very poor choices made by many top to bottom as to how to go about it. If this is how that employee felt, fair enough, and in retrospect this was a more productive way (read less violent or destructive) than others have chosen. I don't agree with it obviously, but the statement was made and it didn't cost anyone their life, which is a win.

The dialogue needs to be opened without fanning the flames, which is difficult to say the least.

OlongJohnson
07-28-2016, 07:51 PM
This one is near where some friends of mine live. Seems like a pretty different situation, although some similarities on the surface.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/sheriff-deputies-asked-to-no-longer-eat-at-skagit-restaurant/401292498