PDA

View Full Version : All charges dropped for the six Baltimore officers.

5pins
07-27-2016, 11:02 AM
Finally!

Chief Deputy State's Attorney Michael Schatzow told the judge that prosecutors were dropping the charges against Miller and the rest of the officers.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/27/all-charges-dropped-in-freddie-gray-case-no-convictions.html

Jeep
07-27-2016, 12:31 PM
This is justice but justice only came because of an outstanding judge who put the law and the facts first and refused to participate in a lynch mob for these officers.

Judge Barry Williams, whose career will no doubt suffer because of his integrity and refusal to go along with unjust prosecutions, is a true hero. He obviously put his judicial oath of office and personal integrity first, and as a result stopped this miscarriage of justice.

When we grow dismayed at the low character of so many public officials, let us keep Judge Williams in mind. He is a hero.

JohnO
07-27-2016, 12:37 PM
How about a public apology to the wrongly accused!

RJ
07-27-2016, 12:40 PM
Excellent.

Jeep
07-27-2016, 03:15 PM
How about a public apology to the wrongly accused!

Apology? Marilyn J. Mosby doesn't give apologies. She angrily denounced the cops today and said the only reason for the failure of the prosecution was an inadequate police investigation--you know the police investigation that pointed out that the claimed facts were inaccurate?

The "administrative review" the innocent cops go through next ought to be a whole lot of funny given the political pressures that the charming Ms. Mosby can bring to bear.

You can get away with a lot of crimes in life, but you can't get away with being innocent when a berserk and politically corrupt prosecutor desperately wants you to be guilty for her political advancement.

JohnO
07-27-2016, 05:13 PM
Apology? Marilyn J. Mosby doesn't give apologies.

Marilyn J. Mosby can go shit in her hat and pull it down over her ears!

KeeFus
07-27-2016, 05:26 PM
Marilyn J. Mosby can go shit in her hat and pull it down over her ears!

I watched that bitches news conference. She is as defiant and bull headed today as she was at the start. She wanted to blame everyone else her her stupid self for that mess. She should be disbarred.

RJ
07-27-2016, 06:50 PM
I watched that bitches news conference. She is as defiant and bull headed today as she was at the start. She wanted to blame everyone else her her stupid self for that mess. She should be disbarred.

She has to double down on the rectal defilade otherwise her constituents will call her a sell-out. No justice, no peace, doncha' know...

Aside: Did Freddy Gray's family/mother appear onstage at the DNC last night?

Irelander
07-28-2016, 06:47 AM
It's nice to see the justice system work once in a while.

Dagga Boy
07-28-2016, 07:50 AM

It's a legal system.....justice is a long dead concept.

OneGunTx
07-28-2016, 07:56 AM
#BlueLivesMatter

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Gray222
07-28-2016, 09:36 AM

Exactly.

"No justice no peace" is something I've heard a few times, and it is really applicable here.

Officer's rarely get the conviction the press and SJW's want to push for.

LittleLebowski
07-28-2016, 09:57 AM
I wonder if those officers are cognizant on how much they've been demonized by one political party.

Jeep
07-28-2016, 10:09 AM
I wonder if those officers are cognizant on how much they've been demonized by one political party.

My guess is that they are probably aware of that, but if they live in Baltimore and want their trashed picked up it is helpful to be registered Democrat. )After all, this is Nancy Pelosi's hometown and her daddy and brother were both mayors). In addition, there is a widespread belief in places like Baltimore that "they" know if you don't vote the straight Dem. ticket--and maybe there is some basis to that belief.

Irelander
07-28-2016, 10:10 AM

Ahhhhh....right you are!

BCL
07-28-2016, 01:37 PM
Apology? Marilyn J. Mosby doesn't give apologies. She angrily denounced the cops today and said the only reason for the failure of the prosecution was an inadequate police investigation--you know the police investigation that pointed out that the claimed facts were inaccurate?

The "administrative review" the innocent cops go through next ought to be a whole lot of funny given the political pressures that the charming Ms. Mosby can bring to bear.

You can get away with a lot of crimes in life, but you can't get away with being innocent when a berserk and politically corrupt prosecutor desperately wants you to be guilty for her political advancement.

This is the same woman that the Georgetown lawyer is trying to have disbarred (over this incident) correct?

StraitR
07-28-2016, 02:40 PM
This is the same woman that the Georgetown lawyer is trying to have disbarred (over this incident) correct?

Correct, and they've put together some pretty compelling and articulate arguments based on the highlights I read. I forget where I saw it, sorry. If I run across it again, I'll follow up.

Totem Polar
07-28-2016, 03:49 PM
Freddie Gray officers suing prosecutor Marilyn Mosby

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/27/us/baltimore-marilyn-mosby-officer-lawsuits-freddie-gray/

RoyGBiv
07-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Freddie Gray officers suing prosecutor Marilyn Mosby

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/27/us/baltimore-marilyn-mosby-officer-lawsuits-freddie-gray/

"No payout, no peace"
#RoomToD̶e̶s̶t̶r̶o̶y̶Negotiate

LittleLebowski
01-13-2022, 07:41 PM

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-cr-mosby-indicted-20220113-ue7ca7pjujek5bf2eoinrssf54-story.html

A federal grand jury has indicted Baltimore’s top prosecutor Marilyn J. Mosby on charges she lied on a mortgage loan application to buy a Florida property and made false statements to obtain a COVID-related withdrawal from her retirement savings that was used for the purchase.

The cloud of indictment has loomed over Mosby for nearly a year, since federal prosecutors issued subpoenas in March for a wide range of financial records from her and her husband, City Council President Nick Mosby. Marilyn Mosby is now charged with four felonies that could bring prison time, and with her election for a third term coming in June.

The indictment alleges that Mosby, 41, sought a $40,000 withdrawal from her city retirement account in May 2020, citing that she had experienced financial hardship due to the pandemic. In fact, her salary that year had increased by $10,000 to $248,000.

“Mosby had not experienced adverse financial consequences stemming from the coronavirus as a result of ‘being quarantined, furloughed or laid off’ or ‘having reduced work hours’ or ‘due to lack of childcare’ or ‘the closing or reduction of hours of a business I own or operate’” - all perquisites for obtaining the loan, which Mosby attested to under penalty of perjury,” federal prosecutors wrote in the indictment.

Her attorney, A. Scott Bolden, pledged to fight the case and he again accused prosecutors of harboring a personal grudge against her.

Lon
01-13-2022, 07:49 PM
Couldn’t happen to a more fitting POS.

Totem Polar
01-13-2022, 08:24 PM
Couldn’t happen to a more fitting POS.

Yeah, I think I’ll also go with this.^^

randyho
01-13-2022, 08:39 PM
and 3.