PDA

View Full Version : The British are Coming!

P.E. Kelley
07-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Out of the Box with a Circlecycler? Sure with a 20# DA and all it's 98 year old glory!

https://youtu.be/fxQq80s8Z8Q

Nephrology
07-22-2016, 02:34 PM
God you are awesome.

edit: My best wishes to your wife, too. Cancer sucks.

Malamute
07-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Great video, thanks!

I have a strong interest in those guns. Would love to have one to shoot and mess with.

Dagga Boy
07-22-2016, 03:14 PM
Great video! Yep, running revolvers in steel matches is a ball. Makes shooting fun, which for me is huge as I take the defensive use side very seriously, and it's not fun.

Also, having been down the road of losing my wife to breast cancer after a long fight...keep doing what you are doing. It is a war, and in order to devot yourself to helping to fight a long battle, every so often, you need to do something not involving cancer. Prayers out to both of you. I know how hard it is to be a REAL caretaker and not another victim. In many cases, husbands of women with breast cancer close their eyes and let family and friends to the work. It is far better to fight the battle side by side, and is the definition of what married really means. Good luck and keep up the fight.

olstyn
07-22-2016, 03:20 PM
Nice! Looks like you were having a lot of fun. Best wishes for your wife's successful treatment and speedy recovery.

P.E. Kelley
07-22-2016, 03:44 PM
Great video! Yep, running revolvers in steel matches is a ball. Makes shooting fun, which for me is huge as I take the defensive use side very seriously, and it's not fun.

Also, having been down the road of losing my wife to breast cancer after a long fight...keep doing what you are doing. It is a war, and in order to devot yourself to helping to fight a long battle, every so often, you need to do something not involving cancer. Prayers out to both of you. I know how hard it is to be a REAL caretaker and not another victim. In many cases, husbands of women with breast cancer close their eyes and let family and friends to the work. It is far better to fight the battle side by side, and is the definition of what married really means. Good luck and keep up the fight.

Thank you Brother. I am right there at every appointment and treatment. She is amazing and strong. What pains me the most...this is our 2nd bout with the evil disease.

Shumba
07-22-2016, 03:50 PM
Prayers coming your way from a leukemia survivor Pat.
Shumba

Dagga Boy
07-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Thank you Brother. I am right there at every appointment and treatment. She is amazing and strong. What pains me the most...this is our 2nd bout with the evil disease.

Yep, went through it multiple times over five years. I always thought it was so weird that I always seemed to be the only husband there at the doctor or chemo while all the other younger patients seemed to have there mom. Never understood it, but the staff at the oncology office said it is rare for husbands to be heavily involved......pathetic state. Good on you. While the five years of dealing with the cancer fight were far from the funniest part of my marriage, it was by far the most meaningful and the most important memories were made during that time. You find out how good your marriage is during the "worse" times. The "better" is easy. Stay strong.

Nephrology
07-22-2016, 04:35 PM

Just as an aside, what you guys do/did for your spouses is more important that anything any doctor or nurse can ever do. Never forget it.

45dotACP
07-22-2016, 04:47 PM
I don't know why I'm unreasonably attracted to the idea of a top break wheelgun. Awesome video. All the best wishes to you and your wife Pat! Hang tough.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Trooper224
07-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Monday I have to take my wife on a three hour drive to see a doctor about some fairly serious, but not life threatening, medical issues. She's capable of making the trip alone, but shouldn't have to. Likewise, my wife was with me today when I found out I'm diabetic. It's a team effort from the begining down to the very end. Prayers for your wife Pat and thanks for the video.

RJ
07-22-2016, 09:26 PM
Awesome! Love these videos.

PS hope all goes well at home with the Mrs. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

warpedcamshaft
07-23-2016, 12:12 AM
P. E. Kelly:

1: You are a shooting stud.
2: Cancer sucks... Keep fighting the good fight.
3: Your videos don't make me want to drink bleach... which is shocking. (Consider setting up a Patreon, I'd support you)
4: You probably didn't know this, but you are shooting with the wrong hand.

Stephanie B
07-23-2016, 08:59 AM
Awesome video. My dad had a shaved Webley, which I now have. I don't think he shot it at all. I ought to get the stuff that I'd need to load up some low-pressure rounds and give it a go.

My best wishes on the cancer. My best friend recently went through round #2. Her husband took her to the vast majority of appointments. When he couldn't, the rest of us did.

P.E. Kelley
07-23-2016, 09:15 AM
P. E. Kelly:

1: You are a shooting stud.
2: Cancer sucks... Keep fighting the good fight.
3: Your videos don't make me want to drink bleach... which is shocking. (Consider setting up a Patreon, I'd support you)
4: You probably didn't know this, but you are shooting with the wrong hand.

1. Thanks, but I really am just an "advanced" plinker.
2. Yes, yes it does...Without question we will.
3. I prefer Drano...which is odd as I don't feel "clogged" ( I have considered it, and now I probably should.) THANKS for saying so!
4. Of course you are correct, but I do have a 2nd hand and it does all the long gun work.

Jim Watson
07-23-2016, 09:32 AM
Sad to say, the www page for the Anderson Wheeler "Webley Mk VII" has gone blank.
Here is a description.
https://www.all4shooters.com/en/Shooting/pistols/Anderson-Wheeler-Mk7-357-Magnum-revolver-replica/

P.E. Kelley
07-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Sad to say, the www page for the Anderson Wheeler "Webley Mk VII" has gone blank.
Here is a description.
https://www.all4shooters.com/en/Shooting/pistols/Anderson-Wheeler-Mk7-357-Magnum-revolver-replica/

At 9,000 bucks...not a surprise.

Dagga Boy
07-23-2016, 11:11 AM
By the way, I have been trying to talk myself out of the Scholfield at the local shop......this is not helping.

Paul Sharp
07-23-2016, 12:23 PM
Patrick, you box to match series has been one of my favorite youtube series since I found it. The series motivates and inspires me to train until I'm at a level I can pick up any gun and run it at a high level.

Best wishes to your wife and you. When you referred to her as your girl you won my wife as a fan for life.

45dotACP
07-23-2016, 12:26 PM
I would definitely donate to a "out of the box and to the match" patreon

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

P.E. Kelley
07-23-2016, 12:55 PM
By the way, I have been trying to talk myself out of the Scholfield at the local shop......this is not helping.

If ya buy it you will have it and not need it. See how helpful I am!

Malamute
07-23-2016, 01:32 PM
My Kelley, what was the market value of the Mk VI revolver in this video?

It seems most of the British revolvers have gone up in value recently. Webleys used to be very affordable, most Americans weren't too interested in them. Now even the wartime 38s have gone up quite a lot. One of them would also be a fun shooter, though not as much panache as a 45.

P.E. Kelley
07-23-2016, 01:48 PM
My Kelley, what was the market value of the Mk VI revolver in this video?

It seems most of the British revolvers have gone up in value recently. Webleys used to be very affordable, most Americans weren't too interested in them. Now even the wartime 38s have gone up quite a lot. One of them would also be a fun shooter, though not as much panache as a 45.

Can't say as I know, but it took 500 to get this one into my hands.

Interesting side note...

I had to know why this one shot to damn well.

Cylinder exit holes....451 and bore??? .451 I believe that to be outside the norm.

Malamute
07-23-2016, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the information.

Excellent coincidence of throat and groove sizes on that gun. Looks like you have a real winner there.

I started coveting Webley-Greens a while back, then discovered the market value of them. The later guns suddenly became more interesting (or realistic).

Dagga Boy
07-23-2016, 03:35 PM
Can't say as I know, but it took 500 to get this one into my hands.

Interesting side note...

I had to know why this one shot to damn well.

Cylinder exit holes....451 and bore??? .451 I believe that to be outside the norm.

Makes sense, because outside your obvious shooting ability.....that thing shoots great.

SeriousStudent
07-25-2016, 07:44 PM
My very best wishes to you and your wife, that she is healed, and you both enjoy many years of happiness.