PDA

View Full Version : Raven Concealment Eidolon For Non Glock Owners?

L84Cabo
07-22-2016, 12:28 AM
Hi Folks

Anybody hearing anything on if and when RCS will offer the Eidolon for something other than Glocks?

And for those of you that run this holster, how do you like it? I'm currently searching for a AIWB holster and right now it's down to the JM Custom AIWB - Wing Claw and the G Code Incog (leaning toward the JMC at the moment). The Eidolon, however, looks interesting and was just wondering if it might be an option for me.

Thanks!

p.s.

I do have an email in to Raven but haven't heard back from them yet.

OnionsAndDragons
07-22-2016, 01:04 AM
Don't see it as very likely. The economics of it just aren't there for other models. Maybe M&P or 1-2 other guns even come close to being worth it.

I'd go JM over the Incog any day of the week, twice on Thorsday. CCC and DarkStarGear are also great guys to get purpose built AIWBs from. These companies all give amazing CS and will help you decide what is right for you.

The Apprentice
07-22-2016, 04:55 AM
^^^THIS
I run JMCK or CCC and have been very happy. I am waiting on a JMCK claw style holster for my p30 and am looking forward to giving it a try.

lyodbraun
07-22-2016, 06:37 PM
I use the eidolon everyday and love it, it's best AIWB holster IMHO hands down, I've heard that they have anew model coming out soon looking forward to that, as for you I'd vote for the JM CUstom holster I have several OWB's and they are to notch...

JCS
07-22-2016, 07:19 PM
I use the eidolon everyday and love it, it's best AIWB holster IMHO hands down, I've heard that they have anew model coming out soon looking forward to that, as for you I'd vote for the JM CUstom holster I have several OWB's and they are to notch...

Have you compared it to a jmck aiwb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CS Tactical
07-22-2016, 07:30 PM
JMCK and don't look back IMO...

ssb
07-23-2016, 12:03 AM
Have you compared it to a jmck aiwb?

I have.

JMCK is an excellent AIWB and worked very well for me for ~2.5 years, for Glocks, a P30, and a SIG P226. It's an extremely comfortable design, and with the tweaks he's made over the years, it looks like it's very comparable to the Keeper as far as adjustability goes.

As I lost weight the bulge on the original flavor AIWB started causing concealment problems. The Eidolon solves that problem for the most part -- excellent grip tuck with minimal belt bulge. It's not without its problems, however -- it's wide (almost too wide), I could really do without the massive sight channel, and frankly a foam wedge a la what all the cool kydex people are doing is a lot more comfortable than the rubberized thing they do. I'm most of the way through the wait for a JRC AIWB-CDA II. I'd like to give leather a fair shake and his holster looks like it'll work well for me. However, if it doesn't, I'll probably give JMCK's claw design a spin. I think the JMCK would do everything the Eidolon does for me (I don't use a RDS) with a smaller footprint and more comfort.

In short: AIWB is still very body specific, but skinny guys may find something like the Eidolon or JMCK's claw design mo' better than the Keeper/Shaggy/JMCK original AIWB style.

OnionsAndDragons
07-23-2016, 03:31 PM
I have.

JMCK is an excellent AIWB and worked very well for me for ~2.5 years, for Glocks, a P30, and a SIG P226. It's an extremely comfortable design, and with the tweaks he's made over the years, it looks like it's very comparable to the Keeper as far as adjustability goes.

As I lost weight the bulge on the original flavor AIWB started causing concealment problems. The Eidolon solves that problem for the most part -- excellent grip tuck with minimal belt bulge. It's not without its problems, however -- it's wide (almost too wide), I could really do without the massive sight channel, and frankly a foam wedge a la what all the cool kydex people are doing is a lot more comfortable than the rubberized thing they do. I'm most of the way through the wait for a JRC AIWB-CDA II. I'd like to give leather a fair shake and his holster looks like it'll work well for me. However, if it doesn't, I'll probably give JMCK's claw design a spin. I think the JMCK would do everything the Eidolon does for me (I don't use a RDS) with a smaller footprint and more comfort.

In short: AIWB is still very body specific, but skinny guys may find something like the Eidolon or JMCK's claw design mo' better than the Keeper/Shaggy/JMCK original AIWB style.

These are all good points.

As I've lost weight, the original JM causes more "colostomy bag" belt for me. I'm willing to say that if your waist is 36> you probably want a George or the new claw model.

I think the Eidolon is an amazing rig to test AIWB and figure out what works for an individual so you have a better idea of exactly what's needed. For some it is a great end solution.

I love my CDA from JRC, it is an awesome design and a well-executed holster.

43Under
07-24-2016, 06:38 AM
I love the Eidolon. Here is my review:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/equipment-review-raven-concealment-systems-eidolon-holster/

I cannot compare to the JMCK line, as I've never tried one. But I used to use the very similar Dale Fricke, and I prefer the Eidolon.

Best description I can give is that the 19 in the Eidolon conceals on me like the 26 in the Fricke, and the 17 conceals in the Eidolon the way the 19 does in the Fricke. It essentially allows me to upsize by one model the type if pistol I carry.

My only "improvement" for it after six months is I wish it came with two different thicknesses of "wedge"; its already so modular, so having another option for he wedge would've been cool.

Kram
07-24-2016, 07:09 AM
I love the Eidolon. Here is my review:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/equipment-review-raven-concealment-systems-eidolon-holster/

I cannot compare to the JMCK line, as I've never tried one. But I used to use the very similar Dale Fricke, and I prefer the Eidolon.

Best description I can give is that the 19 in the Eidolon conceals on me like the 26 in the Fricke, and the 17 conceals in the Eidolon the way the 19 does in the Fricke. It essentially allows me to upsize by one model the type if pistol I carry.

My only "improvement" for it after six months is I wish it came with two different thicknesses of "wedge"; its already so modular, so having another option for he wedge would've been cool.

Great review. Thanks for posting. Being a big fan and user of RCS gear I will be placing an order for one of these to try out.

BobLoblaw
07-24-2016, 07:21 PM
I cannot compare to the JMCK line, as I've never tried one. But I used to use the very similar Dale Fricke

They are not similar. Are they both holsters made of kydex? Yes, but that's where it ends.

OnionsAndDragons
07-25-2016, 12:56 AM
They are not similar. Are they both holsters made of kydex? Yes, but that's where it ends.

This. The Fricke 'Angel holsters are a step above what the average company calls an "AIWB" but still not a truly purpose-built design.

What most with experience regarding these rigs expect from an AIWB holster involves some combination of horizontal tucking feature along the belt axis (a built in wedge, claw feature of some sort, creative placement of the belt attachment like on CDA2) and/or a vertical tucking feature like a pad or foam wedge at the muzzle end, likely with some room for individual adjustments.

The Fricke line has an advantage over just any straight drop being called an AIWB due to very smooth lines and a more blob-y or organic molding technique, but they are lacking in true AIWB technology.

43Under
07-25-2016, 04:48 PM

I disagree. Dimensionally they are very similar even if the JMCK has some AIWB-specific features that make it a step above the Fricke. But neither is as radical a design as the Eidolon.

BobLoblaw
07-25-2016, 06:26 PM
I disagree. Dimensionally they are very similar even if the JMCK has some AIWB-specific features that make it a step above the Fricke. But neither is as radical a design as the Eidolon.

How would you know if they're dimensionally similar if (by your own admission) you've never tried one?

ETA: You don't need to answer.

okie john
07-25-2016, 06:55 PM
I think the Eidolon is an amazing rig to test AIWB and figure out what works for an individual so you have a better idea of exactly what's needed. For some it is a great end solution.

This was my experience with the Eidolon as well. My body type does not lend itself to AIWB, but the Eidolon was closer to being comfortable than anything else I've tried for AIWB, including a Fricke, a JMCK, and several BladeTech Nanos. By the time I got it completely comfortable, it was set up exactly like several of the other holsters mentioned, and it was in the 3:30 position. So it's not the Eidolon, it's me.

And for what it's worth, the body of the Eidolon is injection molded, while the Fricke is heavy-duty Kydex.

Okie John

PNWTO
07-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Kyle Defoor recently put on his social media that a new Eidolon is coming as well as some other Raven/D4 products.

43Under
07-26-2016, 07:48 PM
How would you know if they're dimensionally similar if (by your own admission) you've never tried one?

ETA: You don't need to answer.

I have eyes. They do amazing things. Like compare the relative dimensions of objects. I said I never tried (read: wore) one; never said I never looked at one.

Here's the deal. Both holsters are made of kydex of similar thickness. Both surround the same gun. Both have similar belt attachment points located in the same parts of the holsters. So yes, while the JMCK might have some features that make it more comfortable to wear (which I admit is not without importance) than the Fricke, and maybe even conceal a bit better (extra tuck option), they are, in the end, dimensionally SIMILAR.

The Eidolon, on the other hand, in AIWB setup, has its clips or loops set up over the trigger guard area and above the slide on the angled "sight channel" portion of the holster. Both the fricke and JMCK have their belt loops mounted proud of the slide/frame, the thickest part of the pistol, which creates a bigger area the juts out from the wearer's body. That's just geometry.

If I owned a non-Glock that I wanted to carry AIWB, I'd probably look at JMCK first along with DSG and Keepers.

43Under
07-26-2016, 07:49 PM
Kyle Defoor recently put on his social media that a new Eidolon is coming as well as some other Raven/D4 products.

One of those new products will be an IWB mag pouch.

BobLoblaw
07-27-2016, 07:22 AM
I have eyes. They do amazing things. Like compare the relative dimensions of objects. I said I never tried (read: wore) one; never said I never looked at one.

Here's the deal. Both holsters are made of kydex of similar thickness. Both surround the same gun. Both have similar belt attachment points located in the same parts of the holsters. So yes, while the JMCK might have some features that make it more comfortable to wear (which I admit is not without importance) than the Fricke, and maybe even conceal a bit better (extra tuck option), they are, in the end, dimensionally SIMILAR.

The Eidolon, on the other hand, in AIWB setup, has its clips or loops set up over the trigger guard area and above the slide on the angled "sight channel" portion of the holster. Both the fricke and JMCK have their belt loops mounted proud of the slide/frame, the thickest part of the pistol, which creates a bigger area the juts out from the wearer's body. That's just geometry.

If I owned a non-Glock that I wanted to carry AIWB, I'd probably look at JMCK first along with DSG and Keepers.

"Similar" is a relative term so I can't say you're wrong but most would disagree that kydex and location of loop attachment is where that line is drawn in the land of custom offerings. Hell, there are probably over 100 different combinations of that one Glock JMCK you saw, most having different "dimensions."

Eidolon is a good holster for sure. If I never owned a gun or holster and bought my first Glock today, I would probably want an Eidolon due to the variety of adjustments. Lots of people love them but there are also many reasons others' Glocks ride in Keepers, Dark Star, and JMCK even after trying the Eidolon.

Look, I'm not discounting what you like. I just wouldn't make blanket statements for gear you haven't even tried, let alone vetted.

runcible
07-27-2016, 08:39 AM

That's pretty nifty - could we get a link, please?

orionz06
07-27-2016, 08:45 AM
That's pretty nifty - could we get a link, please?

He's only posted those words around, nothing more.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

Irelander
07-27-2016, 09:40 AM
I just came across this holster from Knowledge Skills Gear. The Sidekick. Looks like its trying to be the Kydex version of the Eidolon. I have not tried it just thought it looked interesting and may fit the OP's needs.

http://knowledgeskillgear.com/store/image/cache/catalog/FrontG43-500x500.jpg

http://knowledgeskillgear.com/store/image/cache/catalog/BackSide1-500x500.JPG

JCS
07-27-2016, 12:52 PM
I've always wondered are there any patents on holster designs? Or something to keep people from copying them?

From what I understand the eidolon was a few year project and tested awhile before release. It doesn't seem right that someone can just make one very close to it and steal their concept.

Maybe I'm way off on that.

JAD
07-27-2016, 12:55 PM

They're both made by cool dudes.

Irelander
07-27-2016, 01:01 PM
I've always wondered are there any patents on holster designs? Or something to keep people from copying them?

From what I understand the eidolon was a few year project and tested awhile before release. It doesn't seem right that someone can just make one very close to it and steal their concept.

Maybe I'm way off on that.

RCS does sell all the components so they shouldn't be surprised if someone makes something very similar. I think the big thing for RCS is the injection molded chassis. If someone would copy that part they would probably have a fit.

Magsz
08-04-2016, 08:23 PM
In regard to the Kyle Defoor comment.

The "new" Eidelon. Is this a revised version of the current offering or another holster body for a different firearm platform? Im || close to pulling the trigger on one for a G17 but I would much rather hold off if a gen 2 so to speak is being released.

Anyone know?

Mirolynmonbro
08-04-2016, 10:32 PM
i REALLY like that KNowledge Skills Gear AIWB

Irelander
08-05-2016, 07:13 AM
i REALLY like that KNowledge Skills Gear AIWB

Can you elaborate?

Mirolynmonbro
08-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Most of the holsters I've tried have the mounting loops/clip over the bulk of the pistol (this part prints the most on me). The KSG one looks like they're spread out more. I'm thinking it would make a smaller bulge on the belt line.

ive tired a couple that have a single soft loop or belt clip offset on the grip side of the pistol, but they end up tipping over to the right and are unpredictable when I dry fire and live fire.

The two clip design looks like it would conceal better on me, keep the pistol on the same degree of cant, and the wing would help push the grip in

martin_j001
08-05-2016, 10:00 AM
This was my experience with the Eidolon as well. My body type does not lend itself to AIWB, but the Eidolon was closer to being comfortable than anything else I've tried for AIWB...By the time I got it completely comfortable, it was set up exactly like several of the other holsters mentioned, and it was in the 3:30 position. So it's not the Eidolon, it's me.

Same here--bought to see if AIWB could work for me, and found I still prefer it at somewhere between 3-5 o'clock. I'm still very happy with my Eidolon, and will likely keep one (or more) around, but did have JMCK build me a custom setup that is very similar (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?21636-New-IWB-holster-from-JM-Custom-Kydex).

Definitely interested to see what a "gen 2" of the Eidolon from RCS has to offer.

ldunnmobile
08-10-2016, 09:57 PM
Count me as someone who needs the clips offset from the main holster body. The Eidolon works far better for me and I have tried the other popular options. The slightly offset clips and the claw work brilliantly for me.

Irelander
08-11-2016, 07:29 AM
The Eidolon worked wonders for me for AIWB concealment and comfort. I will likely buy a Sidekick holster from KSG for my PPS since it has the same setup as the Eidolon.

StraitR
08-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Count me as someone who needs the clips offset from the main holster body. The Eidolon works far better for me and I have tried the other popular options. The slightly offset clips and the claw work brilliantly for me.

Ditto on Eidolon clip position, but I have different reasons for needing the clips offset. Unfortunately, KSG has limited gun fitment options.

I would love JM to make a model similar to the "claw wing" but with a forward and aft clips, leaving the front of the holster flat, just like the Eidolon or the KSG holster shown by Irelander.

Maybe I should just ask Tony.

Tony Mayer
08-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Ditto on Eidolon clip position, but I have different reasons for needing the clips offset. Unfortunately, KSG has limited gun fitment options.

I would love JM to make a model similar to the "claw wing" but with a forward and aft clips, leaving the front of the holster flat, just like the Eidolon or the KSG holster shown by Irelander.

Maybe I should just ask Tony.

I think you just did!:cool:

I'll see what I can come up with.

Mirolynmonbro
08-11-2016, 02:28 PM
My sidekick is coming in the mail today. I'll get some pics and initial thoughts by the weekend. Ordered Monday and it was shipped the next day

Irelander
08-11-2016, 02:41 PM
Ordered Monday and it was shipped the next day

That's been my experience with KSG as well. Pretty awesome.

What gun are you using this holster with?

StraitR
08-11-2016, 02:44 PM

HAHA! Tony, that would be fantastic.

Don't think the pistol matters, but I'm personally looking for WC Brig Tac (I think you have that covered).

Mirolynmonbro
08-11-2016, 03:31 PM
That's been my experience with KSG as well. Pretty awesome.

What gun are you using this holster with?

CZ P07, but sized for a P09

PT Doc
08-11-2016, 07:14 PM

I would be interested in one for a Sig 320C.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ldunnmobile
08-11-2016, 10:49 PM

OH I WILL HAVE BEAUTIFUL DREAMS TONIGHT

Irelander
08-18-2016, 11:10 AM
My sidekick is coming in the mail today. I'll get some pics and initial thoughts by the weekend. Ordered Monday and it was shipped the next day

So what are your thoughts on the KSG Sidekick?

masternave
08-18-2016, 11:20 AM
I want to see what Tony comes up with…

Irelander
08-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Definitely...me too.

Mirolynmonbro
08-18-2016, 01:46 PM
Gabe forgot to send the "wing" attachment, so I'm expecting that to come in any day this week. I've been wearing it with just the wedge and it carries nicely in my t-shirts and polos I usually wear. The grip does stick out, but it's less noticeable than I thought it would be.

As I had hoped, the two clips definitely prints less compared to my other holsters with the belt attachments directly on top of the slide and frame. I took this pic one day but it's the only one I have at the moment. http://imgur.com/cx6uO7N

I asked Gabe to include mounting holes so I can directly attach soft loops, but so far I'm liking the clips so I haven't messed with the soft loops.

I did have to sand off some material near the triggerguard because my finger kept hitting it during my draws.

Surprisingly the P09 carried just as easily as the P07. I think once the wing attachment comes in it will be just about perfect

Mirolynmonbro
08-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Got two sets of the wing attachment. One looks stock and the other has some material removed for less wedge.

Pic of holster and wedges http://imgur.com/T7D7pd2

orionz06
08-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Got two sets of the wing attachment. One looks stock and the other has some material removed for less wedge.

Pic of holster and wedges http://imgur.com/T7D7pd2

FWIW if I were to clone an Eidolon that's likely close to how I'd go to mitigate the breakage concerns.

23JAZ
08-18-2016, 07:23 PM
I just came across this holster from Knowledge Skills Gear. The Sidekick. Looks like its trying to be the Kydex version of the Eidolon. I have not tried it just thought it looked interesting and may fit the OP's needs.

http://knowledgeskillgear.com/store/image/cache/catalog/FrontG43-500x500.jpg

http://knowledgeskillgear.com/store/image/cache/catalog/BackSide1-500x500.JPG
this holster looks too wide. For me the comfort of AIWB comes from a narrow holster that sits in the crease of your leg and groin.

Mirolynmonbro
08-18-2016, 09:22 PM
this holster looks too wide. For me the comfort of AIWB comes from a narrow holster that sits in the crease of your leg and groin.

That's almost the opposite for me. Having the holster and mounting attachments wider means less pressure since it is distributed over a larger area. A narrow holster just puts more pressure on one spot and makes it pretty uncomfortable after an hour or so, especially while sitting

FWIW if I were to clone an Eidolon that's likely close to how I'd go to mitigate the breakage concerns.

One of these days I will try out one of your holsters :)

JCS
08-19-2016, 06:42 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160819/4d4e2ccc66ae027459f60f54a225fe9b.jpg

Figured I would share this for you guys. Looks like a decent option.

23JAZ
08-19-2016, 07:36 PM
My ideal holster would be a split loop clip on wing/claw. I wish Tony could figure out how to make that happen.

Tony Mayer
08-19-2016, 07:39 PM
I want to see what Tony comes up with…

9976 Made this up today. Tucks well, minimal for the design, minimal belt line bulge (the least i have made) can be used with struts with soft loops, single loop/strut/j-hook, and tuckable as well. Will be able to remove the wing if you want, works good with the neoprene wedge. Ride height is 5/8" above belt line at junction of front strap and trigger guard. Going to test it for a week or two but should be a winner. (Excuse the shiny silver screws, didn't have anything in stainless black that was long enough) We are right in the middle of rebuilding our website right now to streamline more than it is, so probably won't put this design up on the site till then (4-5 weeks).

Mirolynmonbro
08-19-2016, 07:41 PM
Looks good Tony!

Tony Mayer
08-19-2016, 08:17 PM
My ideal holster would be a split loop clip on wing/claw. I wish Tony could figure out how to make that happen.

Jay23, clarify what you mean for me a bit. A loop/j-hook spread wide with a claw and minimal material under the dust cover?

23JAZ
08-19-2016, 09:36 PM
Jay23, clarify what you mean for me a bit. A loop/j-hook spread wide with a claw and minimal material under the dust cover?
I am imagining 2 separate clips just enough apart to straddle a belt loop if necessary while still maintaining the thin profile the holster has now. The wing/claw is perfect with the split loop other than having to take my belt off whenever I have to take off my gun throughout the day.

ldunnmobile
08-20-2016, 08:51 AM
9976 Made this up today. Tucks well, minimal for the design, minimal belt line bulge (the least i have made) can be used with struts with soft loops, single loop/strut/j-hook, and tuckable as well. Will be able to remove the wing if you want, works good with the neoprene wedge. Ride height is 5/8" above belt line at junction of front strap and trigger guard. Going to test it for a week or two but should be a winner. (Excuse the shiny silver screws, didn't have anything in stainless black that was long enough) We are right in the middle of rebuilding our website right now to streamline more than it is, so probably won't put this design up on the site till then (4-5 weeks).

I like it. Ready to order!

Tony Mayer
08-20-2016, 09:05 AM
ldunnmobile, send me an email at sales@jmcustomkydex.com and I can quote one for you. Thanks

Tony Mayer
08-20-2016, 09:07 AM
Jay23, ok, I'm trackin. Will see what I can come up with.

lyodbraun
08-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Will this new holster be available with the extra tuck and the wedge option ? If so looks like I'll be ordering yet another holster from ya tony lol wife won't be happy ha ha ...

23JAZ
08-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Jay23, ok, I'm trackin. Will see what I can come up with.

Thanks Tony. Contact me when you think you got the concept down. I want to order one for my 43 to start. I'd definitely be ordering it with extra length to help with stability.

Irelander
08-22-2016, 09:56 AM

NICE! Looks good Tony! You'll be seeing an email from me for a quote.

karmapolice
08-22-2016, 10:22 AM

If you need a beta tester let me know. I'm serious in that I don't expect to keep the holster and expect to order one for regular price after it done testing.

Tony Mayer
08-22-2016, 12:12 PM
Will this new holster be available with the extra tuck and the wedge option ? If so looks like I'll be ordering yet another holster from ya tony lol wife won't be happy ha ha ...

lyodbraun, yes, both of those will be an option.

Thanks

Amurr
08-22-2016, 12:56 PM
I like it. Might email you and see if I can switch my currently pending wing holster to this design!

Tony Mayer
08-22-2016, 02:41 PM
I like it. Might email you and see if I can switch my currently pending wing holster to this design!

Amurr, absolutely. I think the biggest difference for this design over the Wing Claw is it's only as thick as the gun and kydex (the current Wing Claw adds an 1/8" of thickness plus the loop over the thickness of the gun and kydex) and the offset loops with the wider footprint will carry the weight a little better.

Draw backs are the material under the dust cover makes it wider and not as streamlined.

Amurr
08-22-2016, 02:50 PM
Amurr, absolutely. I think the biggest difference for this design over the Wing Claw is it's only as thick as the gun and kydex (the current Wing Claw adds an 1/8" of thickness plus the loop over the thickness of the gun and kydex) and the offset loops with the wider footprint will carry the weight a little better.

Draw backs are the material under the dust cover makes it wider and not as streamlined.

I sent you an email to discuss! Your awesome!

lyodbraun
08-22-2016, 04:59 PM
lyodbraun, yes, both of those will be an option.

Thanks
Awesome, when will this be available ?

Tony Mayer
08-23-2016, 02:07 PM
Awesome, when will this be available ?

lyodbraun, email me the holster specs and I can quote it with how to pay. We will have it up on our new website (still a 4 ish weeks out for that). Thanks

Doc_Glock
08-23-2016, 04:34 PM

Tony:

I like this. I recently tried both a George and a Wing Claw with Extra Tuck and found they did not conceal well for me. Comfort was okay, not great.

I tried the Eidolon next and it really hit the sweet spot for me in a lot of ways. I have is set up as pictured below with both overhooks as low as possible and a single wing. Measured above the belt, the juncture of the trigger guard and grip is either even or just a bit below belt line. The Eidolon is now my go to holster. However: I have several non-Glock pistols I would like a similar holster for. If you could make a custom holster that used Eidolon hardware, including the Raven Wedge, I would buy several. I may even buy one for a Glock because I have this critique of the Eidolon:

1. It is flimsy.
2. It does not retain well at all. The release is simply too easy, and in fact it will not hold my Gen 2 Glocks at all, which sucks because I like them. They fall out if it is inverted.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160823/8119e39fb5e3a0afdc410f928e72ec31.jpg

I think I prefer the Eidolon to your holster due to:
1. It is thinner. I don't know how much but it feels like a lot.
2. It sits significantly lower.
3. I like the Raven Wedge design. After looking at it I may be able to tailor your wedge to the same size/shape, but the whole velcro attachment you use seems frail to me.

Thanks always for being willing to engage on this forum.

23JAZ
08-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Does anyone have any data on draw times with a JMCK rig verse the Eidolon?

lyodbraun
08-23-2016, 08:07 PM
Does anyone have any data on draw times with a JMCK rig verse the Eidolon?

No, but everyone's would be different so it's not really relevant... IMO... it's just practice practice practice to get quick and smooth on your draws... Something that would take a decent amount of time and dedication...

Tony Mayer
08-23-2016, 08:10 PM
Tony:

I like this. I recently tried both a George and a Wing Claw with Extra Tuck and found they did not conceal well for me. Comfort was okay, not great.

I tried the Eidolon next and it really hit the sweet spot for me in a lot of ways. I have is set up as pictured below with both overhooks as low as possible and a single wing. Measured above the belt, the juncture of the trigger guard and grip is either even or just a bit below belt line. The Eidolon is now my go to holster. However: I have several non-Glock pistols I would like a similar holster for. If you could make a custom holster that used Eidolon hardware, including the Raven Wedge, I would buy several. I may even buy one for a Glock because I have this critique of the Eidolon:

1. It is flimsy.
2. It does not retain well at all. The release is simply too easy, and in fact it will not hold my Gen 2 Glocks at all, which sucks because I like them. They fall out if it is inverted.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160823/8119e39fb5e3a0afdc410f928e72ec31.jpg

I think I prefer the Eidolon to your holster due to:
1. It is thinner. I don't know how much but it feels like a lot.
2. It sits significantly lower.
3. I like the Raven Wedge design. After looking at it I may be able to tailor your wedge to the same size/shape, but the whole velcro attachment you use seems frail to me.

Thanks always for being willing to engage on this forum.

Enel, send me an email with the list of pistols and I can quote it. Have you tried my neoprene wedge? It's pretty tough. It doesn't loose it's shape over time. Not really sure if the raven wedge will mate up easily but will find out.

Thanks

Doc_Glock
08-23-2016, 08:41 PM
Enel, send me an email with the list of pistols and I can quote it. Have you tried my neoprene wedge? It's pretty tough. It doesn't loose it's shape over time. Not really sure if the raven wedge will mate up easily but will find out.

Thanks

I have two of your wedge holsters.

23JAZ
08-23-2016, 08:57 PM
No, but everyone's would be different so it's not really relevant... IMO... it's just practice practice practice to get quick and smooth on your draws... Something that would take a decent amount of time and dedication...
The same person doing a comparison of draw times on both holsters would provide good data on how holster design effects speed of draw. E.G. how ride height, stability, and retention can effect speed.
I know one thing for sure. God forbid I ever need to try and out draw someone, but if I do, I hope it's this guy:

Hot Sauce
08-24-2016, 08:50 PM
I'm super interested to see some review of the new low bulge wing claw JM when people get their hands on it. Good tuck with the wing and low on the bulge sounds amazing.

bornandraisedlv
08-25-2016, 11:57 PM
I'm super interested to see some review of the new low bulge wing claw JM when people get their hands on it. Good tuck with the wing and low on the bulge sounds amazing.

Agreed!

Sean O
08-28-2016, 06:36 PM
I had the opportunity to try out Tony’s new creation this week and it is noticeably flatter than his other versions. I personally never had any problem concealing the original design, but the wing designs do offer extra insurance against printing and I am enjoying that.

Having the 2 clips on either side of the holster offers a little extra stability against the pistol canting and also helps to push the pistol into my body more. Although I still wear a foam wedge with this holster I don’t think it is as necessary as it was on the older designs. So far the wider footprint has not bothered me, but time will tell.

I’ll keep using it and if anything else comes up pro or con I will try to report back. Sorry for the crappy cell pics.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8159/29192354672_917158630d_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/LtCrZS)
Holster types and their thickness:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8423/29221812001_cccd26c835_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/LweqCR)
https://c5.staticflickr.com/9/8511/29266569876_c708b67e15_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/LAbPAm)
https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8409/29012254970_044ffbc534_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/LcHoCA)
https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8501/29266572406_c8f9ffde4f_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/LAbQkY)

Tony Mayer
08-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the review SeanO!!

Hot Sauce
08-31-2016, 06:06 PM
Hmm, from the pictures (thanks Sean!) there does not seem to be too much of a difference between the low profile wing claw and the standard one. But obviously appearances can be deceiving.

Great work, Tony!

James_f
09-01-2016, 10:19 AM
edit: didn't see all the KSG info already posted. I will mention that in my experience he shipping times were lightning fast. Email communication was excellent when emailing direct, for some reason I have no luck with many sites when submitting a question through forms.

Irelander
09-01-2016, 12:47 PM
edit: didn't see all the KSG info already posted. I will mention that in my experience he shipping times were lightning fast. Email communication was excellent when emailing direct, for some reason I have no luck with many sites when submitting a question through forms.

Gabe @ KSG said that his web contact form is very buggy and the messages rarely get to him. Best to email him direct gabe@knowledgeskillgear.com.

orionz06
09-01-2016, 12:56 PM

Something happens with form emails and Google. My address gets diverted to spam with a few posters here and sometimes Google flat out kills the emails either way once the form is used, despite using their paid service.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

bornandraisedlv
09-02-2016, 09:25 AM
I’ll keep using it and if anything else comes up pro or con I will try to report back. Sorry for the crappy cell pics.

Sean O, just wondering if you have any updates on this?

Chef
09-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Tony- I would love to purchase this new design for a Sig P228(old school- not M11A1). Pretty please.

Tony Mayer
09-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Chef, email me the specs and I can quote it. Thanks
Tony- I would love to purchase this new design for a Sig P228(old school- not M11A1). Pretty please.

lyodbraun
09-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Well I got mine today and all I can say is wow, just as comfortable as my other AIWB tony made, this one is great since I can now tuck a shirt in with it... It sits perfectly fit a easy grip, the extra tuck with the wedge works great, thanks again Tony http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160910/6807e12181e001de1da61bc64397d830.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160910/2b822996d7b70432cb7e60db1c6eb089.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk