PDA

View Full Version : pistol-forum.com Drill of the Week free pistol giveaway - congrats Kevin B!!

Jay Cunningham
11-08-2011, 08:38 AM
The Staff of pistol-forum.com wanted to express our appreciation to our membership for your ongoing participation in the Drill of the Week (http://pistol-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?47-Drill-of-the-Week) series. We contatced Glock about offering a certificate for a free pistol as a giveaway in the DotW - and they stepped up to the plate!

Our kick-off prize for the first month (weeks 1-5) of the DotW is a certificate for a free Gen3 9/40/357 Glock pistol with standard sights!!

The winner was chosen at random, not according to the best reported score. (The Staff at pistol-forum.com have no way to verify reported scores.)

There were 116 eligible entries for the Glock certificate - the winner will be announced tomorrow (11-09-11) at 12:00 pm EST!

Thanks again to Glock and thanks to our members for their ongoing participation!

*Gen4, 45/10, and/or compensated guns can be chosen, but the certificate holder will have to pay an upcharge.

- pistol-forum.com Staff

Jay Cunningham
11-09-2011, 12:03 PM
The winner of the Drill of the Week free Glock certificate is:

Kevin B

Congrats dude, and enjoy your new blaster!

:D

Thanks again to Glock and to all those participating in the DotW!

ToddG
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Congratulations Kevin B!

LittleLebowski
11-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Damn, congrats man.

Savage Hands
11-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Congrats Kevin B!

Mr_White
11-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Once you get that free Glock, you need to take that free Glock to GSSF and use it to win yourself some more Glocks. I saw how awesome you did on the slow fire marksmanship DotW. I bet you can win some more plastic!

turbolag23
11-09-2011, 01:03 PM
thats awesome, congrats!

Kyle Reese
11-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Grats!

WyoXd
11-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Congrats!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Slavex
11-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Lucky dude! Congrats

Joe in PNG
11-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Lucky bugger! :p Enjoy your new gun!

MDS
11-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Nice! Congrats. I, of course, continue my perfect record of winning every ToddG giveaway I participate in...unless it involves shooting!

Kevin B.
11-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Wow! This is obviously unexpected and truly appreciated.

I discovered I won a couple of hours ago while I was retuning from a Veteran's Day ceremony. I happened to look at Pistol-Training.com and saw Todd's post.

I would like to take a moment and thank Todd and the Staff here for not only organzing the giveaway, but for the efforts with regard to this forum. In a very short period of time they have established a place where shooters can come and engage in meaningful conversation about shooting pistols.

I consider this site a valueable resource. I enjoy the discussions and I appreciate being a member here.

Thanks again to everyone.

Kevin B.
11-16-2011, 08:30 PM
I received my certificate today. (Thanks to Chris Edwards of Glock, by the way.)

The plan is to get a Glock 17. I am not a stranger to the Glock, but I stopped shooting them regularly in the "9mm GEN3 Glocks are the most reliable pistol ever" period. I still have my well-used G19. I have no plan to abandon the 1911 but I have always suspected that a properly set-up 9mm Glock may suit me better. My two major issues have always been the trigger (I have a "-" in my G19. It is satisfactory but could be crisper with a shorter reset) and the "pointability" of the Glock. My efforts with the G19 have failed in both regards but I am "fortunate" enough to own one of the G19s with the "L" serial number prefix, hence no GFA.

Given the problems being reported with 9mm Glocks as of late, my inclination is to pay for the upgrade for the GEN4 as current GEN3s seem to have the same issues and I believe the small backstrap may work better for me. I have followed Todd's experience with his GEN4 Glock 17 with some interest.

My current plan is to do the following:

Install Heinie Ledge sights (I run these sights on all my serious guns)
Install a GFA
Install a Vickers magazine release (Installed on all my Glocks)
Install either a LWD 3.5 connector or a Ghost 3.5 trigger stop connector (I would be interested in opinions on both; looking to improve upon the "-" connector)

Feedback/advice is appreciated.

GJM
11-16-2011, 09:45 PM
I had a Glock minus connector in my Gen 4 17's, got them returned from Glock after the Gen 4 upgrades (RSA, dot connector, new ejector and inspect extractor) with the dot connector, and just installed the LW minus connector. The dot connector seems to give a heavier trigger than on a Gen 3. The Glock minus seems more 1911 like, where the LW minus has more roll. I used to like a more 1911 like trigger, but lately feel some roll helps with one hand shooting, especially support hand, and to work the trigger between targets.

In any event, I would verify you have the new ejector in your new Glock. I prefer the texture of Gen 4, and feel the Gen 4 GFA combination shoots better for me than either a stock or grip reduced Glock.

ToddG
11-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Kevin B -- There is no Vickers mag catch for the gen4 guns, at least not yet. You should look into the Vickers slide catch, though, as it's far better for most folks than either the standard or OEM extended version.

I may have a spare gen4 GFA lying around. If so, it's yours.

Kevin B.
11-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Todd,

I guess that means I will have to cross the mag catch off the list for now.

Coming from a 1911, I am a support-hand-thumb-to-release the slide guy. On Glocks I always went over the top. I am not sure my right thumb has the requisite range of motion to work the Vickers release. Releasing the slide on a SIG with my right thumb is a "no-go." For $19 I will definitely check it out.

I appreciate the offer of the spare GFA. I am interested. Please let me know if you do have one lying around.