PDA

View Full Version : One in a Billion Shot

HCM
07-14-2016, 01:22 PM
A Jefferson County Colorado Sheriffs Deputy was involved in an off duty shoot out with two armed Robbers. One of his bullets went straight down the barrel of the suspects pistol, disabling it.

Marquez was visiting his girlfriend when two armed suspects approached him with their guns drawn. He was shot multiple times in the chest and abdomen before the suspects ran away.

One of the suspects was wounded in the leg and arrested. The other suspect fled and has not been identified.

One of Marquez's bullets struck the suspect's pistol, traveling straight down that gun's barrel and disabling it. Officials say such a shot is "one in a billion.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/jefferson-county-deputy-cleared-in-aurora-shooting/273066018

Peally
07-14-2016, 01:23 PM
Dude needs to go buy a lottery ticket ASAP.

SamAdams
07-14-2016, 01:26 PM
A Jefferson County Colorado Sheriffs Deputy was involved in an off duty shoot out with two armed Robbers. One of his bullets went straight down the barrel of the suspects pistol, disabling it.

Next 'news' broadcast when armed perp is shot by cop -

"Why didn't he just shoot into the guy's barrel to disable it ?!"

Gadfly
07-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Are we sure the that is not just a pic of an XDm sucking all on its own?

(I kid, I kid....)

So, I guess 9mm round traveling down .40/.45 barrel? I cant imagine a 9mm projectile going down a 9mm barrel on momentum alone, without the gas pressure to force it.

Irelander
07-14-2016, 01:38 PM
I wonder if they knew he was a cop and that's why they targeted him or he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

CCT125US
07-14-2016, 02:55 PM
Are we sure the that is not just a pic of an XDm sucking all on its own?

(I kid, I kid....)

So, I guess 9mm round traveling down .40/.45 barrel? I cant imagine a 9mm projectile going down a 9mm barrel on momentum alone, without the gas pressure to force it.

On my phone, I can't make out anything that appears to be the copper jacket. It may have sheared it off when it hit the crown. The article doesn't mention caliber, but the recipient looks to be .40

Totem Polar
07-14-2016, 04:02 PM
On my phone, I can't make out anything that appears to be the copper jacket. It may have sheared it off when it hit the crown. The article doesn't mention caliber, but the recipient looks to be .40

When used by robbery perps, it's spelled "Fo-tay". Just so you know. ;)